Minneapolis, MN 55403 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 8

About The Big Strong Men

THE BIG STRONG MEN give you and the love of your life, your college crew, your parents, aunts and uncles, a joyous and thrilling Grand Finale to the best day of your life. We're youthful, versatile, and affordable. Give us the opportunity to know the music that makes you who you are. A live performance, like your first dance, only happens ONCE and we will make it YOURS.

What song was your college anthem? What song did your parents always put on while you were growing up because they knew it would make you dance? What song can you sing every last word to with your closest friends? We want to know. We are purveyors of exquisite Rock & Roll, slammin' dance beats, and hold each other tight romantic ballads. Give your family something awesome!

In the summer of 2009 The Big Strong Men began playing music at weddings and other events. From the very first occasion where we proceeded to bring the house down it was clear that this was the life for us. Making people swarm the dance floor and creating a fantastic atmosphere turned in to our specialty. The past 5 years has overseen us playing countless times at Minneapolis rock clubs, national festivals, weddings, and gatherings.

img2686
img2686

• Videos 1

4 Reviews for The Big Strong Men

Nina · Married on 07/07/2018

Phenomenal band, phenomenal human beings. These guys are professional, friendly, smart, talented, and insanely fun.
    Thank you for the most perfect wedding reception!!!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Marissa · Married on 02/25/2017

We had a great experience with the big strong men when they played our wedding reception. The band was very responsive during the planning processes and helped guide song selections for the event. They even learned a special song for me and my husband. Our family and friends were packed on the dance floor all night long. Literally no one was sitting at tables, they couldn’t help but get up and dance! The band played an excellent variety of music, from Johnny Cash, to Michael Jackson, to some more modern songs like uptown funk. We got complements on the band all night long. The band also played and ipod playlist during cocktail hour and dinner, had had a mic set up for speeches. We also asked Victor to play keyboard during our ceremony (for a very reasonable additional fee) which he did an awesome job at. He again learned a special song that my brother sang to during the ceremony. I can’t recommend this band highly enough. Forget the DJ, this live band added so much energy and character to out special night.

Sent on 03/01/2017
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/13/2016

I can not even begin to explain how happy I am that I hired The Big Strong Men to play my wedding reception! When I first started looking for a band I could not believe the cost some bands charged for not even 3 hours of music. Then I found The Big Strong Men for 1/3rd of the cost everyone else charged. I loved their song list and they also agreed to learn 3 songs of my choice. The songs I gave them were not necessarily easy to play but they exceeded my expectations! The communication leading up to the event was great - I always received quick responses and all my questions were answered. At a reception you want the kind of music that all ages can enjoy and dance to and they provided just that. The dance floor was full most of the night and our guests keep telling us how great the band was. I couldn't agree more! They are a great group of guys and I only wish I had another reason to hire them again!

Sent on 05/18/2016

The Big Strong Men FAQ

• What is the average price for a wedding reception during peak season?
  • What is the average price for a wedding reception during off-peak season?
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
  • Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 4 - 6
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Blues, Classic Rock, Country, Dance, Folk, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Motown, Oldies, Pop, Punk Rock, Rock
  • What music services do you provide? Instrumentals, Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Microphones, Sound/PA System