Studio 89 Salon

4915 A west lake blvd., Homewood, CA 96141 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Studio 89 Salon

Studio 89 is a award winning full service salon. Featured in Real Wedding magazine, Tahoes best, Tahoe Quarterly magazine and CBS bride featured at the West shore cafe. We are commited to giving you the best quality in customized hair styling and makeup application. Our Artist do go on location to provide you with an expectional experience making your wedding day just perfect. We love what we do and it shows in our work.

Court Lève photography
Steve Cait Lynn photo
Steve Cait Lynn photo

3 Reviews for Studio 89 Salon

Stephanie · Married on 05/31/2015

Alex was amazing. She did both my hair and makeup. (When searching for someone for hair/makeup, others I had looked into either had poor yelp reviews stating they were late or rude, or charged a lot for the trial, or had a steep travel fee.) Alex's reviews were awesome and I felt like she was totally reasonable with fees. Plus, on my wedding day, I truly felt beautiful! I had lost my mom a few months before my wedding, and when I met with her for a trial only 2 months after she had passed/a couple of months before the wedding I was a wreck and planning a wedding ---which was also a destination wedding. I had pinned many photos to my pinterest board, which I showed her, and she did my makeup. On our first trial, she went off of these ideas and I didn't love it. As I mentioned, she did everything based on my pinterest board, but I guess I just realized this look wasn't the best for me. I expressed this to her afterwards (I didn't want to offend her, and I didn't know if it was just because I was feeling in a weird place at the time). When I expressed it, she redid my trial for me free of charge and fit me in the week before the wedding to get the look perfect. She was very patient. It came out perfectly and I was so happy! The day of the wedding I felt like my makeup was flawless. For my hair, I had also pinned several photos. I did a soft half up loose curl type of look. It came out beautifully and stayed well -- and it was a windy day! I did have one little kink in the front piece of hair in my face which totally bugged me, but I didn't have time to fix it beforehand, and it had originally been hair sprayed/pinned back then fell out so I didn't notice until later. Eeek! I probably should have looked at it before she left, because it definitely could've been fixed, but I was pressed for time. Also initially my curls were tight and I was little worried, but she said they'd fall out and they did. They turned out perfect. I really felt beautiful & definitely recommend!

Alex was great to work with. She provided makeup services for myself and the bridal party and did a fantastic job. I was very happy with how my makeup looked and there was no worries about it coming off! (only drawback was that she was a little late on the morning of the wedding, but since we were all a little bit late, it was fine.)

Studio 89 Salon FAQ