St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church

• Trenton Country Club
  • Chauncey Hotel & Conference Center

2 Reviews for St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church

Rebecca · Married on 07/31/2010

This is our regular church, which is absolutely gorgeous on the interior. The stained glass windows, marble alter, and wooden seating provided an amazing setting for our wedding. The administrative assistant who helped us organize the details of the rehearsal and the wedding was amazing! She provided great feedback, helpful suggestions and tips, and was super responsive to all our questions. The deacon who preformed our service was responsive to our personalities in designin the service, was flexible with our requests, and gave an amazing homily. Finally, the music director gave great suggestions for dramatic music and helped us to find a trumpet player to compliment the organ and provided exquisite music for our wedding!

Sent on 09/27/2010

E · Married on 04/09/2011

1.2
      2.5
      1.0

Extraordinarily rude rectory staff, and unfaltering "policy" of only marrying parishioners. Despite growing up in the region and attending this Church during my (catholic) high school years, I was told they would refuse to marry me and I was promptly hung up on. I understand and respect wishing to reserve the Church and even give first preference to parishioners, as many parishes do, but this "policy" and the way it is enforced is imperceptive. Your Church, dear Msngr, although beautiful, is not the Vatican and is not the only one in the region. I suppose I will take my money elsewhere.

So much for the "One Faith, One Church" initiative. Very disappointing.

Sent on 04/14/2011

• 44 Bridge Street Lambertville, 08530 See on map
    6093978713 (Fax Number)
    Location of (St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church)