Southwest Ceremony

1309 E 3rd Ave, Durango, CO 81301, Durango, CO 81301 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 27
  • Deals 1

About Southwest Ceremony

Hello lovers!

My name is Jaime and I am a writer and botanical illustrator by trade who was initially led to officiating weddings and ceremonies at the request of friends and family members. I also spent a year working as a wedding coordinator for a beautiful venue in Southwest Colorado, and I have done bouquets and arrangements for multiple weddings as well. Over the years I have been given the immense honor of presiding over some of Life's most important events - weddings, baby blessingway ceremonies, and end of life ceremonies - and I can't think of anything I would rather be doing with my time.

Each wedding is as unique as the couple getting married and I am always so moved by the process leading up to your ceremony as I learn your story, the details of how you met, the elements of your relationship, and why you have chosen each other for life. Being a part of something so powerful and sacred is like a delicious tonic, and for as much as I bring to the experience of your wedding as an officiant, I am infinitely rewarded by being invited to participate in such a profoundly beautiful day.

I am humbled by the opportunity to create ambiance and to hold sacred space for some of life's most precious moments. Thank you for considering me as your officient. I look forward to meeting you!

Jaime Nicole Becktel

Southwest Ceremony 3
  • Joan

Joan Green · Married on 08/18/2018

100% Satisfied Mother of the Groom

My son and daughter-in-law were married in a small, intimate ceremony on the beach in Cardiff by the Sea, California in August of 2018. Jaime did a wonderful job delivering a ceremony that was both beautiful and heartfelt, including unexpected ceremonial elements that we all loved, such as releasing flower blessings into the sea for the newlywed couple. I couldn't be more pleased with how their ceremony unfolded. It was beautiful, memorable, joyful and tearful, and I would recommend her highly as an officiant.

Allie Mcdowell · Married on 08/18/2018

Intimate beach wedding

Jaime was the perfect officiant for my beach ceremony. She is an incredible speaker and put her heart into each word. We used my great grandmas matrimony book and Jaime spoke from it with such love, there wasn’t a dry eye. My husband and I adore Jaime and felt so blessed to have her marry us. I would recommend Jaime to a wedding of any size. She is so talented and creative adding her own twist.

Sent on 01/29/2019

Southwest Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Allie. It was such a pleasure to be part of your special wedding day on the beach, surrounded by family and the beauty of the ocean!

Southwest Ceremony FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 400.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? Yes
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Buddhist, Earth-Based, Methodist, No Denomination, Pagan, Taoist, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? AZ, CA, CO, NM, UT
  • What languages do you speak? English, Spanish

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Southwest Ceremony 1
    Military Special

My brother is in the Army, so as a thank you for your service to our country and to our communities, I would like to offer you a 20% discount on my officiating services.

• 1309 E 3rd Ave, Durango, CO 81301 Durango, Colorado, 81301 See on map