Southwest Ceremony Reviews

12 | Durango, CO

12 Reviews for Southwest Ceremony

Brooke · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Jamie did an absolute eautiful job as an officient at our vow renewal. She made it very personal to us and she was sweet and professional.

Jamie did an absolute beautiful job as an officiant at our vow renewal ceremony. She made it very personal to us and she was sweet and professional. She took the time to get to know us and our story. I will strongly recommend her to anyone. she made our day so special.

Sent on 05/03/2019

Southwest Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Brooke. You guys were just darling. I wish you 99 of the happiest years of your lives!
  • Shay

Shay Wester · Married on 10/15/2018

Best decision ever

After 20 years of living together and raising our 16 year old son, my now husband and I decided to elope to Durango October 2018. We decided last minute (literally!) we wanted someone to officiate. I found Jamie online and contacted her the day before the ceremony. Three words: BEST DECISION EVER!

We communicated through email, text, and once by phone the day before wedding and met an hour before the ceremony. The photographer I hired graciously invited me to her home to get ready so we could have a "first look" without the groom seeing me since we were staying in a hotel. Jamie met me at the house and stepped in as though we had known each other for years, helping me with final dressing preparations when the photographer had to leave and take groom to first look location. Her gentle spirit, sweet voice, and kind words calmed my nerves and helped me gather myself before leaving the house. Because we were doing a first look in town and then driving to Bakers Bridge to do the ceremony, the groom & I had to drive separately. Jamie helped pack all my things from the photographers house, loaded it in her car, helped me with my dress while getting in and drove me to the first look location; a public bridge in a pretty setting. She helped control the flow of people so we could get our first look and photographs without strangers walking thru the shot! After that she drove me to Bakers Bridge and performed an absolutely beautiful ceremony for the two of us. One of the things she had learned about us the day before while we were emailing back and forth is we're both in the medical field and met at work all those years ago. In addition to reading poetry during ceremony, she brought their bible from the early 1900s and shared the most beautiful story about her great grandmother (a nurse) meeting her great grandfather during WWI, and living a long happy life as husband and wife. It was special, personal, and perfect for us!

Jamie is forever written in the story of our lives. God sent exactly the person we needed on our special day with exactly the message we were meant to hear. Thank you fails to express our gratitude and appreciation for her flexibility, authenticness and willingness to be whatever the moment called for. We are extremely satisfied with her services and would not hesitate to recommend her! Blessings on your special day.........Devin & Shay

Sent on 10/15/2018

Shay and Devin,
    These words are too kind. Being part of your ceremony that day was a huge honor, and you were both just as sweet as can be. You reminded me yet again of why I officiate ceremonies... because I get to share in the joy, the magic and the love. Thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing me to officiate your truly magical elopement.
  • Joan

Joan Green · Married on 08/18/2018

100% Satisfied Mother of the Groom

My son and daughter-in-law were married in a small, intimate ceremony on the beach in Cardiff by the Sea, California in August of 2018. Jaime did a wonderful job delivering a ceremony that was both beautiful and heartfelt, including unexpected ceremonial elements that we all loved, such as releasing flower blessings into the sea for the newlywed couple. I couldn't be more pleased with how their ceremony unfolded. It was beautiful, memorable, joyful and tearful, and I would recommend her highly as an officiant.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Allie Mcdowell · Married on 08/18/2018

Intimate beach wedding

Jaime was the perfect officiant for my beach ceremony. She is an incredible speaker and put her heart into each word. We used my great grandmas matrimony book and Jaime spoke from it with such love, there wasn’t a dry eye. My husband and I adore Jaime and felt so blessed to have her marry us. I would recommend Jaime to a wedding of any size. She is so talented and creative adding her own twist.

Sent on 01/29/2019

Southwest Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Allie. It was such a pleasure to be part of your special wedding day on the beach, surrounded by family and the beauty of the ocean!

Kayla · Married on 08/18/2018

Better than we could have imagined!

Jaime was wonderful to work with! From our very first communication all the way up to our wedding day she was very perceptive for what we were looking for and what we needed. She consistently went above and beyond and even during our wedding day was quick to jump in and help us with any task that needed done. Our guests all commented on how wonderfully she performed our ceremony.

The process of creating a ceremony seemed very daunting at first but Jaime was very helpful by sending us ideas and questionnaires to help us piece it together.

It was honestly a pleasure and a privilege to have Jaime be a part of our special and intimate day. We highly recommend her to any and everyone!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Southwest Ceremony's reply:

Awwwww.... Kayla! Thank you so much for those kind words. Every wedding is special and unique and I feel honored to be a part of each and every one! Your and Ryan's wedding was so beautiful, and I was so inspired by your love for one another. I hope the journey just continues to grow sweeter and sweeter with each passing day.

Emily · Married on 03/24/2018

Jaime was absolutely incredible! She was the officiant for my husband and I’s wedding in March 2018 and created such an intimate and unique ceremony for us. Our dream was to have a very small wedding and at first I feared it may be awkward, but Jaime did a beautiful job of incorporating everyone and making the day flow smoothly. I was also intimidated by creating/writing a wedding ceremony and she did a great job at walking me through each step and personalizing it for our unique style. I am located in AZ and Jaime is in CO, but she did a fabulous job as well with communication and making me feel connected all the way up until the wedding day. Additionally, she was amazing at keeping me calm (when I was getting ready and nervous) and even made sure I was hydrated and had something to eat! I would recommend Jaime to anyone as she gave my husband, family and myself some of the most beautiful memories that will last forever :)

Sent on 04/05/2018

Southwest Ceremony's reply:

Such a pleasure to be a part of your special day! It was an honor to be part of the creation of such a beautiful new family. Thank you for allowing me the privilege.

Nancy · Married on 09/09/2017

We attended a wedding in Big Sur for a mutual friend where Jaime was the officiant. We were impressed that the person we met the day earlier who has such a bright and fun personality was then standing before us all to unite the couple in such an important ceremony. In addition to being a lot of fun Jaime is soulful, present, loving, in touch with spirit, and carries a beautiful energy. She projects, speaks with wisdom, reads a crowd well, and knows how to create a beautiful, communal space for ceremony.

We continued our friendship after our friend's wedding and have asked Jaime to officiate our own wedding this September! We had a wonderful consultation with her and she really understands what we want to create and offered fantastic ideas that will take this very special ceremony to the next level. I'm very grateful for this beautiful being who will be officiating our wedding. If you're looking for an officiant who is in touch and handles both depth and joy with the same measure - Jaime is your gal!

Sent on 05/10/2017
  • Robert

Robert · Married on 09/09/2017

If you are lucky to align together, don't over think it, just make it happen

Jaime is simply a natural in this space of ceremony, and if you are lucky enough to align together for your wedding don't hesitate, she's the one. We met her at a wedding that she had officiated and hit it off as friends, so naturally when the time came for our wedding she was our first thought. I truly began to feel grounded after exploring further with her approach which made it clear we had a creative partner in the process of something we hadn't don't before. A sense of gratitude, trust, and inspiration was born out of our meetings together as she helped in unexpected ways to shape the feelings, intention, and reverence we were looking to create in our ceremony. Jaime is a dear friend and I trust you'll be in good hands with such an important chapter in your lives.

Sent on 01/31/2019

Southwest Ceremony's reply:

Awww... so sweet Rob. Your wedding was the most delightful weekend of fun and love, and I'm sooooo happy that you and Nancy have become such dear friends. Happy honeymoon in Hawaiiiiiiiii!

Nancy · Married on 04/15/2017

Jaime was just amazing as an Officiant for my son and now daughter-in-laws wedding. She knew just what to say and shared some history of their relationship which showed that she really, really listened to them, learning enough about them to make their vows magical & so,so special. It was truly a blessing to have Jaime perform the vows and something my family and I will be forever grateful for. If I were you...I would say "I DO"!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Lauren · Married on 04/15/2017

Jaime did an absolutely amazing job officiating our wedding in Temecula in April 2017. She had great, original ideas for us to use to make our wedding ceremony unique to us. We initially struggled with how to have a meaningful ceremony without a religious tone, but Jaime was able to guide us to create a spiritual ceremony that we loved. She was prepared throughout the planning process and delivered an exceptional performance on the wedding day. Everyone was raving! If you are looking for a truly fantastic wedding officiant, Jaime is the only way to go!

Sent on 05/19/2017

Allison · Married on 08/10/2013

Jaime was the officiant for my wedding and I can't imagine anyone doing a better job. She created a ceremony that was extremely personal for me and my husband, with the right blend of ceremonial elements, background stories, and humor to keep it meaningful and interesting for us and our guests. She was very professional and easy to work with and helped guide us through the process, making it easy for us while we had a 100 other things on our plate. I highly recommend Jaime and know anyone who hires her for their wedding will be happy with their decision!

Sent on 05/09/2017
  • Alana

Alana · Married on 09/29/2018

Awesome Ceremony

Jaime was amazing! Our wedding ceremony was beautiful and the questionnaire she sent us to prepare the ceremony was helpful in getting us thinking about what we wanted and how we felt. We highly recommend her as an officiant.

Sent on 12/14/2018