7816 Hayne Boulevard, New Orleans, LA 70126 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 44
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About Southern Oaks Plantation

Hidden behind its gorgeous Antebellum façade, Southern Oaks Plantation is a unique and surprisingly contemporary wedding and reception venue. A quick stroll through the mansion’s immaculately decorated interior is all it takes to understand how thoroughly Southern Oaks embraces the industry’s latest trends. The venue is a fusion of traditional and modern elements, combining the best of both and mixing in the distinctive culture of New Orleans.

Southern Oaks is set on over 3 acres of manicured grounds. It is a charming and opulent estate, and a picturesque setting for photography. Unlike many historic properties, the indoor spaces at Southern Oaks have been renovated specifically for weddings.

Southern Oaks Plantation embraces the New Orleans tradition of culinary excellence wholeheartedly. Although the atmosphere is magical and the service impeccable, cuisine is the keystone of their business. Each celebration at Southern Oaks Plantation incorporates an all-inclusive, hand-passed menu of over 80 different items.

Hosting an event at Southern Oaks Plantation is simple and stress-free. The exceptional staff ensures every detail is meticulously planned and perfectly executed. Southern Oaks Plantation is the only venue in Louisiana that has won the “Couple’s Choice Award” from WeddingWire numerous times, been selected as a “Best of Weddings” Pick by The Knot every year, voted by vendors as the #1 "Best All-Around Wedding Venue" in New Orleans with Borrowed & Blue, and been chosen as one of New Orleans’ top wedding venues by Brides Magazine.

Follow Southern Oaks Plantation on

asaro25yrs000
Southern Oaks Plantation
Voted "Most Romantic" and "Best All-Around" Wedding Venue in New Orleans-Southern Oaks Plantation
Outdoor wedding ceremony area
Outdoor wedding ceremony area
Voted "Most Romantic" and "Best All-Around" Wedding Ceremony and Reception Venue in New...
The bride

Southern Oaks Plantation 6
Southern Oaks Plantation 7

Leatrice Carter · Married on 11/15/2018

Beyond Our Wildest Dreams

My husband and I were engaged at the end of January 2018 and as we started the planning process we knew two things. We wanted to be married by the end of 2018 (yes, less than a year of planning) and we wanted it to be a destination wedding. As we narrowed down the locations, we settled on New Orleans for a November 2018 wedding. There were many venues to choose from, but there was something about Southern Oaks that kept drawing us back to their website. Once we scheduled a call with the Southern Oaks Team and had a friend who lived locally visit the venue, we knew we had found our venue.

We both have high tempo jobs and did not want the extra stress of coordinating with multiple vendors, which is why Southern Oaks worked perfectly because they are a one stop shop. We booked the photographers, florist and bakery, while Southern Oaks handled the rest.

Our wedding was November 15th and to say that our expectations were exceeded is an understatement. The staff handled every aspect of the wedding flawlessly. We were amazed at how well things came together being that we put in minimal effort on what’s supposed to be the best day of our lives.

Our family and friends couldn’t believe how stress free we were about the entire process and were blown away by the grandness of the ceremony and reception. Honestly, we were even blown away by how magical their grounds and facilities were for our evening wedding. Everything came together perfectly; their service is top notch and we could do another review just on how great the food was alone. We had friends and family telling us that this was hands down the best wedding they’d ever been to and not being boastful because it was ours, but it was the best we’d been to as well.

All in all, if you are looking for a wedding venue with “Southern Charm” to really engulf your guests in all the traditions of New Orleans we assure you this venue is it. They made our planning process so much easier than I could have imagined and were very responsive when we called or emailed any questions. The owners truly take pride in not only delivering quality service, but ensuring you and your guests have memories that will last a lifetime. They are attentive, passionate and accommodating to any need or desire you have. Give them a call we promise you won’t regret it.

• Shelly

Shelly Clayton · Married on 09/01/2018

Fairytales do come true

If you are looking for the perfect venue that provides Exceptional service, Great Food and a Magical evening Southern Oaks is the place. My husband and I wanted to get married in New Orleans and was interested in an all inclusive venue. Well we signed the contract and it was the best decision ever. From the first phone call up to the last dance, Mr. Bobby and his gracious staff handled my guest and the entire wedding party like royalty. Every question I had regarding my wedding was answered, this venue provides everything and they do not try to upsell you on items. There are no hidden fees, upcharges or surprises. Well, the surprises are what your guest will experience. My wedding was Magical, Grand and Royal. Everything was smooth and effortless, the staff operates this place like a well oiled machine. There is no running around, no one is confused and you, the wedding party and family members are assigned a concierge that ensures your culinary/drink needs are met. The Food: It is not your typical wedding plate of chicken, fish or buffet. This place provides a Taste of New Orleans, I mean your guest will not stop talking about what they ate, how good the food was and how much food was being passed. Amazing flavors and a huge variety. There is no waiting, once the reception starts the food is being passed, this style was great because it also eliminated the hassle of seating charts, open seating was also another reason I loved this place. Enhancements: I chose to have a New Orleans Style Brass Band, Horse and Carriage, Carving Station and Fireworks, which made it a very grand time, my guest were over stimulated with surprises. During the time of our wedding, my husband and I was experiencing a difficult time and Mr. Bobby had a surprise for us, he upgraded our fireworks package to River Fireworks, it was like the 4th of July in September. The sky was lit up over the River.. all for us. The Venue: This place is gorgeous on the inside and outside. The outside has huge moss filled oak trees with a beautiful historic fountain as you enter, it's really picturesque and well kept grounds. Behind the Mansion there is plenty parking for your guests and a stable and swimming pool where the beautiful white horse are kept. Your guest can sit outside and enjoy the cafe tables where the music from inside is piping outside for their enjoyment. Inside every room is gorgeous, the place has a timeless feel with a real richness that provides grandeur. Jeremy, Lauren and Mariah customer service just impeccable, I can also tell that this is a great place to work. They all really work in sync and the professionalism, I just cannot state it enough. I will always remember my wedding day and cherish the wonderful memories because of the staff here, the owner and the venue. My guests are still calling and saying how this was by far the best wedding they have ever attended. Most of my guest have become wedding snobs because of their experience here. Your wedding at this place really raises the bar. Thank you Southern Oaks and Staff for a Memorable Day...

Southern Oaks Plantation 8
    Southern Oaks Plantation 16
    Southern Oaks Plantation 17
    Southern Oaks Plantation 18

Lissette · Married on 06/23/2018

Wow, it feels so surreal that I just got married this past Saturday June 23rd at Southern Oaks. I’m still in shock on how great everything was from start to finish. How all my details came together and how the amazing staff were at Southern Oaks was. Lauren is an angel that I can’t thank enough for having so much patience with me and all my questions and requests. I trusted her with all my details and the staff at Southern Oaks made my beautiful day come true, my guest can’t stop talking about it from the food,music, atmosphere and how sweet all the staff was to them. I want to say Thank You to Mr.Bobby for a beautiful venue and for gracing me to the isle in my 1954 entrance it was an exquisite entrance!!!
    From The Hayes

Southern Oaks Plantation Pricing

Southern Oaks Plantation Price Rates

Southern Oaks Plantation FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, China, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting, Dessert, Server(s)
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 400
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 100
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 1
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Historic Building, Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer? Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s)
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Photo booth, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season? March, April, May, September, October, November, December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, June, July, August

Real Weddings

• Fabulous Flowers
    Fabulous Flowers Wedding Florists

I love working with Southern Oaks Plantation! Bobby, Sue and Stacey are always "hands-on" to ensure the highest quality of personal service! A unique venue with classic southern charm!

• Welch Photography & Video
    Welch Photography & Video Wedding Photographers

Southern Oaks is a spectacular location for weddings & events, with a stellar staff that is second to none in the area. They ensure maximum enjoyment for the bride & groom and their family/friends by attending to everyone's needs in a friendly and efficient manner. The setting is a gorgeous location that is well suited for any style of event, from elegant formal to casual affairs.

• Beaucoup Blessings - Wedding Ceremonies
    Beaucoup Blessings - Wedding Ceremonies Wedding Officiants

I have conducted several weddings at Southern Oaks Plantation, and I'm always impressed with the cleanliness, the property maintenance, the friendly staff, but above all, the attention to detail. No variable is left to chance, and these pros know how to do a wedding! I've never seen better.

• 7816 Hayne Boulevard New Orleans, LA 70126 See on map
    5042420555 (Fax Number)
    Usually Monday through Friday, from 9:00am to 5:00pm, but always call ahead in case of an unexpected change in schedule.