1 N New York Rd, Absecon, NJ 08201 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 2

About Smithville Inn

Smithville Inn is a small but stunning wedding venue in Absecon, New Jersey. This historic dining hall was built circa 1978 and has been serving the Absecon community ever since. The rustic interior coupled with beautiful gardens and cobblestone walking paths makes for perfect portrait backdrops. There is plenty of space in the dining area for your guests to dance the night away. With award-winning catering and an excellent wedding planning staff, couples will surely be satisfied after choosing Smithville Inn for their wedding event.

Facilities and Capacity
The Smithville Inn offers a beautiful view of Lake Meone as well as the rolling countryside of Southern New Jersey. Cobblestone paths lead to a quaint gazebo in the outdoor terrace, perfect for an outdoor ceremony or cocktail hour. Inside, you can choose from several dining areas, each of which overlooks the lake and manicured gardens. Smithville Inn also offers smaller private dining areas that boast fireplaces that provide a warm atmosphere during intimate winter weddings. The Smithville Inn can accommodate up to 175 guests in total. The facilities also offer a private get-ready room for couples to utilize.

At the Smithville Inn, you and your guests are treated like family. The exceptional wait staff, chefs, and wedding planners are here to make every part of your wedding day run smoothly and efficiently. They offer several wedding packages to suit a wide range of styles and budgets. You can choose from a variety of services, inclusive of the ceremony, reception, or both. You will have up to four hours of access to the open bar, including a cocktail hour and a champagne toast. You will also have a choice of a buffet-style or a multi-course sit-down dinner. Premium linens and napkins are also available. To top off the party, custom-designed wedding cakes are offered as part of their wedding day packages.

Follow Smithville Inn on

Smithville Inn 5
Smithville Inn 6
Smithville Inn 7

Cassie Arnone · Married on 09/01/2019

The Smithville Inn was perfect!

My husband and I chose the Smithville Inn to have our ceremony and reception and we couldn't be happier with how everything went! The location is amazing for pictures and guests. Most of our guests stayed at the colonial Inn which was situated in the quaint village of Smithville and is within walking distance to everything! From the moment we started planning Kyle and Justine were amazing with gathering information on our plans for the wedding down to every detail! The ceremony was outside right next to the lake which was a beautiful setting. The reception was in a beautiful room that fit all 123 guests comfortably and our 7 piece band. The food was delicious and was made to order for everyone. Everyone complimented us on the food and the venue! I would 100% recommend this for anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria Bueti · Married on 08/03/2019

So in love with the Smithville Inn

We had our wedding here on August 3rd and it was beyond my wildest dreams. We chose the smithville inn because we loved the classic and historic feel. We wanted something rustic but not over the top rustic and still classy and this was just it. We couldn't be happier with our decision. Kyle and Justine as well as the rest of the team are incredible at their jobs and made sure that everything was perfect the day of. They were always happy to answer any questions I had a long the way. They did an amazing job bringing all of my visions to life. Everything that I wanted to be displayed at the wedding looked even better than I had pictured. The day of the wedding they were extremely accommodating. My husband and I did not plan to miss our cocktail hour but ran behind on some photos and they made sure that we had all the food that we wanted in the bridal suite. At the reception I felt like having pasta, which was not a meal selection that I had chosen and they made me a plate! They truly treated us like kings and queens that day. Food is amazing, board walk station blew people's minds, and my guests keep raving about how fun it was. We had about 158 guests and the room felt very full. They say that they can fit up to 171 but I think that might be stretching it a little unless you have a lot of children coming to the wedding, which we did not. Aside from that, our guests booked up the colonial inn and we took up the entire Smithville Village. The guests keep saying how much they loved it there and want to come back! I highly recommend having your wedding at the Smithville Inn.

Sent on 08/16/2019

Smithville Inn FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 600.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 600.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 600.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting, Server(s), Wedding Cake
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Open Bar, Premium Liquor
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 4
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Historic Building, Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Outside Vendors, Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine
  • What transportation and access is available? Valet