60 Smith Rd., East Haddam, CT 06423 Map · Phone number

About Smith Farm Gardens

This idyllic family owned farm property is the perfect setting for a classy and unforgettable wedding. The beautifully manicured grounds consist of an organic vegetable and flower garden, apple orchard, rolling fields, stone walls, and walking trails, while the main house boasts original post and beam construction, massive fireplaces, formal great room, and period architecture throughout. There is also a brand new bridal suite and master bath that will take your breath away. The vast and luscious yard provides a gorgeous backdrop for a tented reception as well as numerous gathering spots throughout the property where a cocktail hour and ceremony can be held. Let our family share style, splendor, and serenity with yours!

Follow Smith Farm Gardens on

1 Reviews for Smith Farm Gardens

• Nicole

Nicole Lee · Married on 10/12/2018

Get married here!

TL, DR: This place was absolutely perfect for our wedding and I can't recommend it enough.

We just had our wedding at this venue last weekend. It was perfect. I've been planning my wedding for over a year from Los Angeles and had to do everything via email. Nothing about Smith Farms disappointed when I finally saw it in person.

The planning process was so simple. Peggy and her son, Travis, run point on that and both are very responsive to email. Every time I had a question or request, they got back to me quickly and were accommodating. (Need to change your rehearsal time? No problem. Need to drop something off early? Sure!)

Peggy takes incredible pride in her home and every tiny corner was impeccably prepared. To say the home and grounds are stunning is an understatement. I will never forget peeking out the window of the bridal suite just an hour before the ceremony and seeing Peggy making sure every tiny stick was removed from the area I'd walk through!

Speaking of the bridal suite... SO perfect. The house is huge. The guys dressed on one side of the house and the ladies took over another. We had music running through the awesome sound system and sipped champagne from the bridal refrigerator. Seriously, EVERYTHING was thought off!

During the evening, Travis ran the firepit where everyone gathered when they needed a break from dancing. We rented the house for the night of the wedding and the following night, which I would highly recommend. The next morning, we had a lazy, unrushed time getting up and enjoying breakfast. Then throughout the day, our family and friends rejoined us for a bit of an informal reception. We played the lawn games that the property provides and wandered the gorgeous gardens and orchard.

Peggy stays on the property during rentals and was totally out of sight. Honestly, I found it kind of comforting, with a property that old and huge, that someone knowledgeable was available if we had a pressing question. This place has been her family's home forever and yet she's willing to open it up and share it with others without hovering or being overprotective. I couldn't do that if I had a place this stunning!

I could go on for hours about this incredible weekend, but I'll stop. The guests couldn't stop talking about the venue. The ability to rent it for the entire weekend gave us a slow-paced, relaxed event. We're already joking about how we want to rent it again for a five-year reunion. Ugh, I miss it there!

Smith Farm Gardens FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 4,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 3,500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Parking
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 275
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 1
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 2
  • Describe your venue: Farm/Ranch, Garden, Historic Building
  • What kind of settings are available? Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Wifi
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking
  • What months are included in your peak season? June, July, August, September, October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, May, November, December

• 60 Smith Rd. East Haddam, 06423 See on map