422 Delaware Avenue, Wilmington, DE 19801 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Deals 1

About Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown

The Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown is a wedding venue situated in Wilmington, Delaware. Its prime location in the downtown area makes this venue easily accessible. When you exchange your vows in this elegant space, you will be conveniently situated near not only the headquarters of many Fortune 500 companies, but also plenty of shopping and museums. When you plan your bridal shower, ceremony, or reception here, you will get to experience your big day with a sleek city backdrop.

Facilities and Capacity
At the Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown, couples have a total of seven indoor spaces to choose from. The largest space, which is the Grand Delaware Ballroom, features a total of 2,655 square feet. Because the venue is so spacious, couples are welcome to invite up to 300 of their friends and family to join them on their special day. Regardless of your wedding style, you will have the perfect stylish canvas to design your dream wedding against. Additionally, this hotel has been recently renovated and freshly remodeled. The Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown also has over 200 guest rooms that couples and guests are more than welcome to stay in. During your stay at the hotel, you can spend time relaxing in the indoor pool or lounge. There is a fitness center here, too. Couples, if they choose to spend the night, will be treated to a champagne gift set and chocolate-covered strawberries.

The Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown features an experienced and professional planning team. Every couple will receive the assistance of a wedding coordinator as they plan and prepare for their wedding day. With the help of the team, planning your wedding day will be much less stressful. They will help you plan all the little details and can even provide you with decorations like linens. Wedding packages are also available for couples to choose from. From the beginning of your wedding until the end, you will receive attentive services to make sure everything is just as you envisioned it to be.

Follow Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown on
Ribbon
she92br2

5 Reviews for Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown

Krissy · Married on 10/22/2010

The staff at the Sheraton is AMAZING! We had our wedding reception there on Oct. 22nd and it could not have been more perfect! The professionalism and friendliness that each person portrayed was outstanding. I wanted to take a moment and personally point out some amazing individuals that made the whole wedding experience so wonderful!

Megan (wedding coordinator/catering): She was my rock in the whole planning process. Her attention to detail, quick responses to emails (even late a night!), guidance, etc., made the process so fun and enjoyable. I would actually do it all over again! I got to know Megan so well during this time and will definitely be sending her weekly emails to keep in touch with her. She is an amazing coordinator and I would recommend her to everyone! Love her!

Tara (Sales): Awesome!!! She was my fill in when Megan was not available and does an amazing job! She also kept me sane through the whole process. She manages an excellent team!

Ali (Basil): He was there helping out on the 22nd and then right back in Basil for breakfast in the morning with a big smile. He was so courteous and very helpful.

Lisa (Front Desk): Even though Lisa was not familiar with me, she greeted me by name when we were checking out and said congratulations to us. That is excellent customer service! She was very pleasant as well.

Lenora was in our bridal suite. She was great! I asked for some Pinot Grigio and within minutes, Ali was bringing it up for us. She was very accommodating and so friendly.

Gloria: Oh Gloria, what a pistol that woman is! She was on the dance floor with one of our guests and he was having a ball with her. Much to our surprise Gloria was working in Basil's the next morning too! All bright eyed and bushy tailed! She was so excited to see us for breakfast and of course Henry was ecstatic to see her. She is excellent!

Pete, Liz, James, Doresa, Courtney, and other names I am sure I accidentally left out made the cocktail hour and dinner go so smoothly and perfect. The whole entire night was such a success! Our family and friends are still calling us to tell us how excellent the food and service was. I can't wait to come back to Delaware and come have dinner at Basil!

I have to admit, as I sit here and write this review, I am missing my experience with the Sheraton so much. It was so much fun, I am sad it is over. It really was the most amazing wedding reception I have ever been to, of course I am a little biased since it was my reception hehehe!

Highly highly highly recommend the Sheraton Suites Wilmington for wedding receptions! Best.Wedding.Ever.

Sent on 11/22/2010

Tiffany · Married on 08/21/2010

We had a great wedding experience with the Sheraton Suites Wilmington. We chose this location for several reasons. We loved the downtown location and free parking for our reception guests was a priority. After we saw the modern decor of the hotel lobby, the newly renovated ballroom and the amazing Club Level Lounge for our bridal party cocktail hour, no other venue could hold our interest.

Our experience with Megan and Tara exceeded our expectations. From the pre-wedding planning to the reception itself, Megan, Tara and their staff were always responsive, professional, and attentive. All of our needs and wants were fulfilled. We were able to personalize every detail of our wedding, including the linens, signature drink, and ballroom layout. We were even able to plan an After Party in the lobby bar where our guests continued to party the night away. One of our favorite experiences was the menu tasting. We had a private tasting with our mothers to select our reception menu where Megan and the chef were there to answer all of our questions. Such a personal tasting experience is very rare!

We confidently recommend the Sheraton Suites Wilmington to anyone looking for an exceptional wedding venue!

Sent on 01/10/2011

Award

Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, China, Clean Up, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 5
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Hotel, Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Bridal Shower
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Event Planner
  • What food and beverage items are available? Linens

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown 1
    Friday and Sunday Wedding Discounts
    The hotel is happy to extend a 5% discount to receptions held on Friday or Sunday.

• Foschi Wedding Photography
    Foschi Wedding Photography Wedding Photographers

The Sheraton is a great venue to have your wedding. Rooms are beautiful and food is tops. We love photographing weddings there.

• Unforgettable Moments
    Unforgettable Moments Wedding Planners

A beautiful setting! Great Venue!

• Unforgettable Moments
    Unforgettable Moments Wedding Planners

A beautiful setting! Great Venue!

• 422 Delaware Avenue Wilmington, Delaware, 19801 See on map