Sharon Simon Weddings

4 Pennsylvania Plaza, New York, NY 10001 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Deals 1

About Sharon Simon Weddings

Congratulations on your engagement! You found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. Now, my hope is that your planning your wedding together is as fun and romantic as you’re getting to know each other was. Having grown up in a family in the wedding business, I have always had an understanding of how important each aspect of the planning is, and how important making you, the couple feel comfortable and understood is.

I am a nondenominational officiant. I have a rich spiritual life and am comfortable and proficient in many cultures and customs. Whatever your religion and background I will cater to it. If the two of you are from different backgrounds, I have ways of writing ceremonies that encapsulate two different cultures, so that both are represented and brought together... And if you would like me to leave all that out, and focus solely on the two of you, I am happy to do that as well.

The road that brought me to be an officiant is unique. Having worked years in the mental health field, I have done enough counseling to know how to quickly listen deeply to understand how you fell in love, why you are choosing to spend the rest of your lives together, and what makes the two of you work as a couple. Included in my package is an optional premarital counselling session, where the two of you can create private or public vows.

As romantic as the ceremonies I perform are, I also add a little humor. Having worked years as a comedian I know how to keep things interesting for you and your guests so everyone is attentive and with you as you wed. And if you are planning any type of theme wedding, I love it! I will add aspects of that theme to your ceremony if you so wish.

I specialize in writing fun custom weddings, so if you were considering having a friend officiate your wedding, but realize you are better off with a professional, I am who you are looking for.

Most importantly, each wedding I officiate is custom written for you. It is always my goal to make your ceremony as unique as your relationship.

I am genuinely happy for you and can't wait to hear from you.

Follow Sharon Simon Weddings on

5 Reviews for Sharon Simon Weddings

• Andrew

Andrew Abraido · Married on 10/27/2018

Thank you!

Sharon was the hit of our wedding! We opted to have our Ceremony at our venue because of the breathtaking views of the Catskill mountains in the fall, and Sharon was the perfect Officiant to marry us! She added a sense of levity to our wedding but also made it sweet and sincere. It was a pleasure to work with Sharon in the planning process and even though we only spoke with her a few times it came across at the Ceremony as if she has known us for our entire lives. All of our guests commented that it was one of the best and most unique Ceremonies they have ever attended, and we were so happy we chose Sharon for such a special and important moment in our lives.

THANK YOU!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Justine · Married on 07/01/2018

I am so happy that Sharon officiated my wedding. I initially had wanted a rabbi but their fees were crazy. I am so glad I went with Sharon instead!! She was awesome to work with. She provided us a questionnaire about our relationship that really helped us think about what we wanted in the ceremony and for our marriage. Despite us only speaking on the phone a couple of times, she wrote a ceremony that was extremely personal. You would never have guessed that we hadn't met prior to the wedding! She did a flawless job incorporating all of the various elements we wanted into our ceremony. My mom, who is a very tough critic who helped me put together the reception but left the ceremony to me, thanked me profusely for putting together such a beautiful ceremony -- it was all thanks to Sharon!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Sharon Simon Weddings FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Premarital Counseling
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 400.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 75.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Vow Renewal, Civil Union, Single Religion
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed, Premarital Counseling
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? CT, NJ, NY