Tustin, CA 92782 Map · Phone number

About Sarah K Chen Photography

Sarah K Chen Photography is based out of Orange County, California but is available for destination weddings world wide.

I feel so incredibly lucky to be able to do what I love and be a part of such an important day for so many people as they venture into a new life together.
I love capturing beautiful, artistic and emotive images that you and your loved ones will cherish for years and years to come!

1867667310 757923628c
e9c78383f1166625 1213132928708 2516297667 43b0396d6a
2516297667 43b0396d6a

5 Reviews for Sarah K Chen Photography

Tim · Married on 07/06/2013

Sarah and her crew did an amazing job for our pictures! She did our engagement and our wedding pictures. Her style is a very timeless and classy style, which suited our tastes perfectly. She and her crew had nice shots of everything despite the hecticness of having a wedding day.

In particular, she was very accommodating to some of my requests for shots. I like to give suggestions for certain types of fun or silly shots, and she was willing to work with us and join in on the fun. Would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 03/08/2014
  • kathrynkho

Kathryn · Married on 05/07/2011

Where do I start with Sarah? I suppose I will start with the fact that I have always known that the one thing I would not compromise at my wedding is Photography. I wanted to ensure that I would look back on my most special day with magic and intrigue - to feel the heat and the tenderness of that day with timeless elegance. Tall order, no?

I troved through hundreds of wedding photographers blogs looking for someone who felt... like us. And Sarah K Chen Photography delivered on just that. A soft nostalgia sweeps her images (she loves to shoot on film) and it gives her couples an elevated level of romance.

I must say that the first time I went to shoot with Sarah I had a tinge of trepidation. I had become enraptured with her bridal boudoir shoots, but the thought of my slowly shrinking body prancing around in my skivvies... well, I wasn't feeling nearly as pretty as the brides that had come before me. But instantly, it was as if I were hanging out with an old friend - ahem, an old friend who knew all my skinny angles! She softly gave direction on where to tilt my neck, how to poise my shoulders, how to drop my long lashes (my prized possession). I couldn't believe the girl before me when I received my online proofs less than a week later (this gal can edit like the roadrunner!) And well, the look on my groom's face - well - Sarah, you done good. :-)

There was a glint in my eye when Sarah and I (and my fiance!) got around to shooting our engagement shoot. But with sealed lips and a fantastic poker face - Sarah was the ultimate trooper. We rescheduled three times for ideal weather and once it rolled around it was still incredibly cold and windy on the beach in Santa Monica. But with the same soft and skilled direction, Sarah captured on film all the reasons I love my hubby. His broad range of emotions and our shared chemistry - from giddy to sensitive and from cheeky to downright hot. I have no idea how she was able to pull it from us. But she has immortalized some of my all time favorite Chris faces. I am grateful.

And then we come to the day of. I had talked Sarah's ear off about the endless projects and preparations and little details I had created - all with her camera lens(es) in mind. Even then, I think she was a little taken aback when she came to see them all the day of. But a true professional, in my absolute favorite Anthropologie beaded headband (did anyone mention that Sarah has impeccable fashion sense?!?), she glided right in and captured it all. Sarah and her team were in the moment, but never ever in the way. She was able to wrangle a shot that had to have over 6 dozen people in record time - leaving time for her and my favorite, couple portraits. Leveraging the palatial architecture that the St. Regis affords, Sarah bent over backwards to get this picky perfectionists shot list completed - all with her graceful aesthetic.

I write this review without having seen the final product from the wedding itself - but there isn't a doubt in my mind what we have in store for us. With wedding post partem settling in, its one of the milestones I am very much looking forward to. Sarah is a vibrant young mom who very much loves what she does - she is a paramount professional. But as professional as she is - she shoots you as if you were a close friend. She shoots with love. And for that, Sarah, you will always be our friend. Thank you for your grace, your vision and your love.

More to come!
    Kathryn

Sent on 05/26/2011

Amaree · Married on 07/26/2008

Sarah's work is amazing and we feel so privileged to have had Sarah as our photographer. She made us feel comfortable from the minute we met her and I never even noticed her on our wedding day. I highly recommend Sarah!

Sent on 10/22/2008

Sarah K Chen Photography FAQ

• What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images, Liability Insurance
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Negatives, Prints, Proofs

• FaceTheMakeup
    FaceTheMakeup Wedding Hair & Makeup

Every time a bride notes my work, she is referring to a Sarah K Chen photo. Sarah sees such beauty in the bride, the moment, the atmosphere, the energy and captures it in the most gorgeous framing. She sees light at it's fullest as it falls lusciously over the bride. It's a sheer pleasure working with her. She is witty, sweet, professional and seamless in her presence.

• Tustin, 92782 See on map