Salon Spa W

Des Moines, IA View map

We are so grateful for our community! We love, love, love being part of the East Village and Des Moines. We make efforts to support our community two fold 1) Support a wide range of organizations that our clients passionately support. 2) Seek opportunities to further our green initiatives by supporting clean water, ecology and conservation in our community.

Kaytie Married on 05/09/2015
    Salon Spa W did a great job on our hair! I was very happy with them and would definitely recommend.
    Rachel Married on 10/31/2009
    Kal is the stylist who specializes in bride's hair and makeup and she does a fantastic job. At first I was a little unsure about the hairstyle we settled on because it was a little different that what I originally thought of doing, but as soon as I saw it with my dress at the final fitting, I knew that it was perfect for the dress and the wedding. The makeup was phenomenal! Kal did my sister-in-law's hair for her wedding and it was also just beautiful. All the maids and the moms had their hair done at the salon and they all looked great. The bride's hair is free with a booking of 4 or more bridesmaids, and an updo is about $10 cheaper than some of the other AVEDA salons in town. Can't beat that! We took over the salon for the morning and brought in mimosas and pastries (from La Mie-yum!). Some of my friends and cousins who were not in the wedding party came to the salon to hang out, visit, and have breakfast. It was a great experience and a great way to start a wedding day.
    Megan Married on 04/14/2018
    The team and environment at Salon Spa W were great to work with. Our wedding was at the Embassy downtown East Village so the location & number of stylists was the main reason I picked the salon. The event team was great to work with leading up to the wedding being very clear about service and expectation.

The only two downfalls are both around price. My trail run was the same price as my hair the day of the wedding, I understand the reason they do that is so people don't come in for a 'trial' but actually do it for their wedding. Also, I would have loved to see a deal on pricing based on the number of people or amount money we were spending, with 10 of us total getting hair & makeup, even a small discount would have been appreciated.

There are absolutely no downfalls on the service, my airbrush makeup and beautiful up-do held up until the end of the night. My bridesmaids were incredibly happy with their service as well. Getting ready with everyone in the same room and having them move through our large group quickly made our morning so stress free. They hire a great team and I would book them again in the future!

400 East Locust St, Ste 2 Des Moines, 50309

Mon - Tues: 09:00–20:00 Wed - Thurs: 08:00–20:00 Fri: 09:00–18:00 Sat: 08:00–17:00
Location of (Salon Spa W)

Other vendors in Des Moines for your wedding