5 Reviews for Salon Method

Updos/Styling (1)

I discovered Salon Method on Yelp when I was searching for a hair/makeup vendor for my wedding. I assumed that with so many great reviews, what could go wrong? LOL. Let's start from the beginning:

Owner Nancy only communicates via email when it comes to bridal services, but she takes FOREVER to respond, and despite having all of your information in black & white right in front of her, she still can't figure it out. I scheduled a hair/makeup trial for myself on 9/3 at 10am, and I scheduled 3 hair appointments and 3 makeup appointments on 9/10 at 12pm. Not quite rocket science, right?

I called the salon the day prior to my trial to confirm the appointment, as I thought it was unusual that the salon never called me like they typically do. Good thing I did! Nancy never even booked the trial appointment. Fortunately, the receptionist was very helpful and somehow got me in for my trial. After my trial while I was paying, Nancy approached me to confirm the quantity of services for the following weekend, and she was notably rude and hostile. Bizarre.

Since my trial appointment was so mishandled, I figured it'd be wise to call the salon to confirm my group appointment for my wedding day. Good thing I did - AGAIN! Nancy had previously emailed me stating that my group appointment was scheduled for 12pm, but I was informed by the receptionist that Nancy actually booked it for 9am. I wasn't even getting married until 6pm, why would I get my hair/makeup done at 9am? Also, I overheard that Nancy just took off on an impromptu vacation, leaving the girls there to just wing it. Classy.

There is a stellar group of hairstylists/makeup artists employed here, but the ownership is so trashy that I'd never recommend this place to anyone. Due to all of the confusion precipitated by Nancy's incompetence, one of my girls missed her appointment, and I was obviously never refunded for her makeup service (~$100). I can't say I'm surprised.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling

I got my hair and make up done here by Caity B and Ashley and they were AMAZING. Definitely had a great experience

Profile Picture Gianna, 6/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Nancy is amazing! She has been doing my hair for 7 years and always does a phenomenal job so I HAD to have her as my stylist on my wedding day. The entire process from hair trial to the big day was easy and fun. My hair came out exactly as I wanted and really made a difference to pull my wedding day look together. She did my maid of honors hair as well which came out beautifully. Nancy is very creative and was able to do a gorgeous and intricate updo on my maid of honor, despite her having a very short a-line haircut. She traveled quite a ways for this and I can't thank her enough. I think most stylist wouldn't be a willing to travel with only two girls needing their hair done. If you're looking for someone to do you hair on the big day, or even just for routine cuts and color, I highly recommend Nancy at Salon Method!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/27/14, 3 Reviews