Rochester, NY 14609 Map · Phone number

About Rosewater Rituals

Welcome!

I am Shadi, an attorney, educator and wedding officiant, and I LOVE love stories.

To me, your wedding is a celebration of the ultimate harmony: a miraculous love union that is a celebration truly worth bringing to life in a ceremonial experience.

I believe love stories are connected to an inner source of mutual respect and power shared between two people who then set out to make the world a better place with their shared vision.

I believe in the power of love to create greater understanding among people, illuminating the world with unity and inspiring all of us!

Watching my parents come from completely different beliefs—my father being a conservative and open-minded Muslim & my mother transforming from a Muslim to a Daoist to a Christian and then to a spiritual non-religious individual, I am used to listening to multiple perspectives, striving to bring understanding through a common ground of love. I believe when we can respect varying perspectives and honor one another, we can become united in the eyes of the world and inspire others to live in harmony.

Since I enjoy exploring what love really means, it’s power to create understanding among people ranging from very similar beliefs to being as different as night and day, and what it looks like in practice, I am invested in getting to know your love story and sharing it with your guests through a unique ceremonial experience.

I don’t believe in meaningless transactional exchanges and traditions. I want your ceremony to be the heart of your celebration involving the beliefs, customs and traditions important to you. I want your guests to feel connected to you and know you better. After all, it took a very special journey to create your love union, so it’s beautiful to honor and share bits of the process that brought you together. Sharing your story with your guests also spreads the power of your love to infinite hearts, like a drop in an ocean, it’s ripple effect can change lives—witnessing what’s truly miraculous between loving couples and how it makes the world a more harmonious place.

I cannot wait to share your unique story with everyone on your celebratory wedding day!

Call me at 281-832-7472 or e-mail rosewaterrituals@gmail.com

Rosewater Rituals 3
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Murphy · Married on 10/07/2018

The Absolute Best!!

My husband and I were looking for someone to marry us that would make our ceremony personal, fun, and romantic. I found Shadi on wedding wire and fell in love with her bio, and after meeting with her in person, fell in love with her! She did an unbelievable job listening to our story, pulling out the most important and beautiful parts that I didn't even know how badly I needed to have said during our ceremony. She was so flexible, working with us whenever we had questions, and personalizing our ceremony so that it fit us perfectly. Weddings can be so stressful but anytime I spoke with her she relieved so much of the tension with her bright personality. She was so organized with everything- she sent us our ceremony words with plenty of time to discuss everything, and was on top of getting our marriage license and sending it off. I knew because we hired her we had one less thing to worry about on such a hectic day. I would highly recommend her to anyone that wants to have the greatest wedding and work with one of the best people I've had the pleasure of meeting! Thank you so much for everything you did, we loved you!!

• Jeanelle

Jeanelle · Married on 09/23/2018

Our wedding was a brunch dance party that happened to have a wedding at it. Shadi quickly understood the laid back vibe and that we seriously wanted it to be fun and stress-free for all our family and guests.

We meet with Shadi with the intent that we might have a friend or family member officiate our wedding. Immediately, we felt as if we were meeting a friend whom we hadn't seen in a while and decided on the spot that we wanted her to officiate us. Bonus points as Shadi used to work at the restaurant we were holding our wedding.

For the most part we knew what we wanted and quickly received a draft and provided iterations about seven or eight months out. Jumping less than a month or so from our day we provided an update as we wanted to save some of the fun bits for our vows. All in all we had perhaps three versions of the script and was a swift and painless process.

Shadi is extremely personable and professional, kind and caring, silly and optimistic, fun and friendly, flexible, and a great person who listens and takes interest in her clients.

Perhaps one of the best things Shadi asked of us to do during the process was to text her once a month to touch base. I did just that and before it it came naturally to check in with her– especially when our plans started solidifying, we got our marriage license, or other mini milestones during the wedding process.

By the time it came to the wedding, we found an officiant– and a friend. She was the perfect person to stand up there with us to marry my best friend and me. We love the vibe and energy she brings– in our ceremony and when your posts pop up on our feed. Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without Shadi.

Rosewater Rituals 4
    Rosewater Rituals 5

Toni · Married on 08/19/2018

Shadi was amazing, the way she laughed with our families on our big day made our hearts warm. We planned our Rochester wedding from Kentucky, Shadi communicated with us primarily via Gmail and Googledocs per my request. She was familiar with our wedding venue (Deerfield Country Club) which was very helpful on our big day. The love story Shadi wrote for us was lovely, 100% recommend if you want to have a memorable and light hearted ceremony!

Rosewater Rituals 6

Rosewater Rituals FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal, Premarital Counseling
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 500.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? Yes
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed, Premarital Counseling, Bilingual
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
  • What languages do you speak? English, Spanish