Rodney Curtis Photography

Troy, MI View map

I'm sure your uncle with a camera means well. No disrespect to him or to your college roommate's twin "who's really into photography." But this is your wedding day and wouldn't you rather have a professional on your team?

I've photographed presidents and dignitaries, celebrities and sports figures, high pressure situations in dangerous foreign lands and weddings too numerous to count. And here's the thing; I absolutely love what I do. I love telling stories with pictures. And it would be really cool if you let me document your special and amazing day!

Brides will tell you that I'm very easy to get along with. Most of the time they don't even see me snapping photos; I like to be unobtrusive. The most common compliment I hear after the wedding is, "Wow, these are great. I didn't even know you were taking this."

I shoot for up to eight hours and within two weeks of the wedding, I will mail you all the pictures on a DVD. These can then be taken to any photo lab or uploaded to any of a myriad of photo processing sites (Costco does a very fine job on my own, personal photos).

You can make the photos into online galleries, print enormous enlargements to hang over your bathtub, gather hundreds of Facebook or Instagram likes, or email them to an aunt in Akron who couldn’t make it to the ceremony because she wrote the wrong date on her calendar.

The point is, the photos will be yours to do with whatever you please and I don’t charge anything more. You give me a $500 deposit to reserve the date, then $1,500 more at the end of your reception. Two grand gets you a lifetime of memories (yeah, that sounded schmaltzy even as I wrote it).

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$1,999.00

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Slideshow
Toning
Trash The Dress
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Save the Date

• Jaclyn
    Jaclyn T. Married on 07/11/2020

Fun and professional!

Rodney was great to work with! He fit in seamlessly with the vibe of our wedding and family. His sense of humor was great, he was fun and professional to work with, even during a pandemic! We love how our photos turned out and were happy with our quickly we got them back!

Rodney Curtis Photography's reply:

Goodness, thank you SO MUCH, Jaclyn! I loved getting to know your family and friends, even from behind a mask!!

You and Jarrett make a great team and I was honored to share the day with you!!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth S. Married on 08/03/2019

Rodney was absolutely amazing!

Rodney really went out of his way to make sure we got amazing photos of our wedding! He was running around all over the beach to make sure he got the best shots! The pictures he took could not have been better! These are the photos I will treasure forever! Thank you so much Rodney!

Rodney Curtis Photography's reply:

Hey thank you, Elizabeth! You had such a fun wedding. It was great hanging out with everyone there. You and your in-laws made me feel like I was family. Cheers!!
    Lia Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Rodney really was the best photographer we could have ever asked for! I was nervous about the weather and he really put me at ease.
    He knew I didn’t want “posed” pictures and really handed me the reins on what the pics would look like. He gave good tips and advise, but basically let me make the decisions.
    At the venue and reception, it was like he wasn’t even there! I know he was taking pictures, but he never got in the way, and seemed to always be there for the big and fun moments.
    I would recommend him to anyone for anything any day. He was everything I wanted in a wedding photographer and more.

Rodney Curtis Photography's reply:

Thank you for the great review! I am so happy YOU'RE happy, Lia! You and Steve were great to photograph and get to know better. I hope you enjoy every one of the hundreds (and hundreds) of photos.

Pastor Pat Ministries Pastor Pat Ministries Wedding Officiants

Rodney is a creative professional with whom I have worked several times. He is especially responsive to the needs of his clients. I recommend him highly!

Troy, 48083
Location of (Rodney Curtis Photography)

Rodney Curtis Photography frequently asked questions

What photography styles does Rodney Curtis Photography offer?

Rodney Curtis Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Rodney Curtis Photography offer?

Rodney Curtis Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Slideshow
  • Toning
  • Trash The Dress
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Rodney Curtis Photography offer for wedding events?

Rodney Curtis Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Digital Files
  • Flush Mount
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
  • Proofs
  • Save the Date

What percentage of users recommend Rodney Curtis Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Rodney Curtis Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Detroit for your wedding