1000 River Place Dr, Detroit, MI 48207 Map · Phone number

About Roberts Riverwalk Hotel Detroit

The Roberts Riverwalk Hotel & Residence, Detroit is gracefully tucked in the turn of the century Stroh River Place and overlooks both the Detroit River and Canadian Coastline. Convenient to Detroit's entertainment attractions, The Roberts Riverwalk Hotel offers guests a blend of privacy in an estate-like setting. The Roberts Riverwalk Hotel boasts elegant, traditional guestrooms that maintain sophisticated historic charter of the City of Detroit.

0a4555d4915aed53 1526014948 d3dc8330d1f03ad9 1526014941798 5 a5
Hotel Riverfront Photo
Riverfront Ceremony location overlooking Detroit Riverfront and Canadian Coastline.
5dabbdf7c65837f4 1526014947 280ef30bebd6e157 1526014941789 1 a1
aef27f6e7eaede22 1526014947 51e53cfb5c17ef6d 1526014941792 2 a2
80413d4d2a3a9572 1526014947 6b24d87d19cb4fa4 1526014941793 3 a3
1334e2635a5f4aa2 1526014948 5be278755a770092 1526014941795 4 a4
0a4555d4915aed53 1526014948 d3dc8330d1f03ad9 1526014941798 5 a5

2 Reviews for Roberts Riverwalk Hotel Detroit

Stacy · Married on 10/28/2011

This hotel was amazing and beautiful! They provided me my bridal suite for the day of my wedding and the staff was friendly and accomodating. The view was spectacular and the breakfast was delicious the following morning.

Elizabeth · Married on 07/05/2014

0.6
      1.0
      2.0
      0.0

I had some concerns based off of reviews on other sites, but we thought that a change in management was the issue and decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. I wish that we hadn't

Initially, communication with the Riverwalk was decent. We booked the Riverwalk as one option for a hotel block for our guests. We blocked 20 rooms and they gave us a good rate and also contacted to use their shuttle to transport our guests to and from our wedding venue ( in our contract). Our guests booked all 20 rooms and even more, totally over half of their capacity.
    The Friday of our wedding the hotel was ok. It is an older hotel, but was clean enough and has spectacular views. Saturday of our wedding was where things started to fall apart. First off, there is no free breakfast, it is literally coffee, juice and prepackaged mini-muffins. My bridesmaids and I got ready in a suite and there was not extra toilet paper in the room. We called to the front desk and it literally took an hour for someone to bring more.
    At 11/11:30 when our reception ended we found out that they were not sending the shuttle... apparently they told my wedding planner that it was "broken" and stranded 40 of my guests.
    Once back at the hotel we discovered no parking spots because they had booked another event in the bar at the hotel (which they NEVER mentioned to me). They had a DJ outside of the hotel on the river blasting music SO LOUD until 2:30 in the morning. Most of my family was staying at the hotel and many of them complained to the front desk, to the DJ and the staff did nothing to turn down the music. Some of my family actually left the hotel and drove home that night. The hotel did not offer an apology to me or my guests or any sort of compensation. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, and DEFINITELY not as a wedding block. Whoever the owner is, does not care about customer service, quality of service, honoring contracts and is just out to try to make money.

Roberts Riverwalk Hotel Detroit FAQ