About Riverbanks Zoo & Garden
Riverbanks Zoo & Garden is a wildlife park wedding venue located in Columbia, South Carolina. Home to more than 2,000 magnificent animals, the zoo offers indoor and outdoor event facilities that exhibit elegance, class, and an extraordinary experience for couples and their guests to enjoy. An exotic alternative to the traditional wedding venues, the zoo facilities provide weddings with a nature-inspired setting, as well as great backdrops for photo opportunities.
Facilities and Capacity
Riverbanks Zoo & Garden offers a variety of indoor and outdoor event spaces that can accommodate both intimate celebrations and festive galas. Ceremonies are held after hours in the property's Magnolia's Garden Terrace, Ndoki's patio, or Riverbanks' Entry Plaza. Receptions, cocktail hours, and rehearsal dinners can be held in venue's five event facility options:
- Ndoki Lodge is an African-themed space featuring high beam ceilings, panoramic views of forest foliage, and at certain times, the opportunity for an elephant or meerkat sighting. The lodge can accommodate up to 500 guests.
- Magnolia Room is one of the most breathtaking and unique spaces in the zoo, accommodating up to 350 guests. It features French doors that open out onto a bricked terrace, boasting views of stately fountains, cascading waters, seasonal flowers, and Riverbanks’ beautiful Walled Garden.
- Tuskers is an ideal space for cocktail parties and can accommodate up to 250 guests. At night, the venue transforms into a chic event facility, featuring bamboo cloud lighting, a floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace, a dance floor area, and a viewing deck overlooking zebras, ostriches, giraffes, and a ten-foot alligator.
- The ARC is an aquarium-reptile complex. It can be subdivided into smaller spaces, and it showcases a 55,00-gallon coral reef tank with sharks, moon jellyfishes, and gharial crocodiles.
- The Birdhouse can accommodate up to 175 guests. It is a sky-lit atrium where guests can have the opportunity to be accompanied by penguins, hornbills, and other exotic birds.
Riverbanks Zoo & Garden provides event rentals for wedding ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, and bridal showers. The venue also accepts appointments for bridal portrait shoots, held after park hours at the Botanical Garden or zoo. Other services offered by the venue include:
- Bridal suite
- Event planning
- Lighting and sound system
- In-house bar and catering
- Set up and clean up
Riverbanks Zoo & Garden is a proud partner of SSA Inc, the event caterer based in the zoo premises. SSA's executive head chef, Adam Milledge, customizes menus and create new dishes exclusively for the event. SSA supports sustainability, helps local farmers, and showcases a variety of different cuisine options. The caterer offers couples the following serving-style options:
- Cocktail receptions
Categories: Wedding Venue