About Rev. Jim Rooney

Priest, Celebrant and Officiant.

Your life together begins here…

“What you are is God’s gift to you; What you make of it, it’s your gift to God.”

This is the reflection I have on my Ordination Card. It sums up my belief in life and relationship with God, family and friends.

We all need the time and space to hear that inner voice to allow us to be who we are called to be. I believe we can only experience this self-discovery by allowing ourselves to touch and be touched in all of life’s experiences and then taking the time and space to hold on to them; to cherish and sometimes to let go.

To this end I’ve created Beacon Hermitage. The Hermitage is situated in the beautiful Hudson Valley at the base of Mount Beacon, the highest point in the Hudson Highlands.

In the quiet and calm of Beacon Hermitage you will find a place that affords you both an opportunity to focus on what really matters: your relationship and future happiness. It will help you deal with the most important aspects related to planning a wedding- you and your partner. Envision the loving moments you will experience here with your partner that will empower you both to remember why you are getting married. This marriage is a public declaration and commitment of your love for each other that has the power to inspire and enrich you for life.

Awaken into your creativity for inspiration and self-expression on your personal path to the altar of life. Seek each other’s beauty of spirit. This is the soul who is entrusting their life to you. Find the reassurance from each other to step confidently into a journey that will require your love, strength, patience, wisdom, forgiveness, charity and joy.

I invite you to join me in allowing the Spirit of our Creator to touch your mind, body and spirit. I look forward to sharing with you in your journey as you seek renewal and recommitment to life and community.

I am an ordained priest in the Roman Catholic Tradition and registered civil marriage celebrant based in Beacon, with a wide experience of performing various ceremonies including: weddings, same sex weddings,funerals, memorials, baby naming days, commitment ceremonies, anniversaries and special occasions.

My training and experience have given me a deep knowledge of the role of officiant and celebrant in the community and the important role of ritual and ceremony in our lives. Together we will create a beautiful Order of Service that expresses your deepest feelings and most powerful emotions – whether they be feelings of love, joy, optimism, grief or acceptance.

The first step may seem daunting but I will personalize a ceremony to your every need and I will share with you my broad collection of ideas, poetry, readings, music and rituals, if you don’t know where to begin.

As a priest, officiant and chaplain I really love what I do, and you can be sure that I will always put your needs and wishes first and help you develop the ceremony you want.

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Interfaith Ceremony (2)
Rehearsal (2)
Agnostic (2)
Presbyterian (1)

We are so grateful to Reverend Rooney for our amazing ceremony. From our initial meeting, he was warm, down to earth, and genuinely interested in getting to know us as a couple. I am not very religious, and my now husband is somewhat religious - Rev. Rooney was able to guide us through a personalized and sentimental ceremony which was tailored for "us" as a couple. The ceremony was extremely important to us both - we feel too many people rush through their ceremony to get to the party, and half the guests aren't even paying attention - we wanted the exact opposite - a ceremony that would be memorable and romantic. Rev. Rooney did just that and more. So many of our guests told us how much they enjoyed our ceremony and how in tune everyone felt - exactly what we were going for! There is no one kinder or more genuine than Rev. Rooney - so if you are looking for a ceremony that isn't cookie cutter, he is the best of the best. He even texted me in the morning to say hello and to hope I was enjoying the day getting ready - little thoughtful touches that truly made it a wonderful experience! THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/1/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Rooney made our ceremony most the most memorable experiece. He took the time to get to know us from the beginning to the end! He made our ceremony so unique to us and our guests are still talking about it! Rev. Rooney truly listened to all of our requests to be included in the ceremony and we couldn’t be happier with picking Rev. Rooney as our officiant. We highly recommend him!

Photo of Rev. Jim Rooney in Beacon, NY - Rev. Rooney marrying Matt & Kyle

WV
WY
8 AWARDS

2 ENDORSEMENTS
Work with Rev Jim Rooney is always such an honor. Witnessing and documenting his ceremonies are already a reminder of why we do what we do. He emphasizes the magnitude of what a wedding day means on the day and for the rest of their lives. We always learn about the couples he is marrying through his ceremony, and everyone feels the impact of the words and story.

I recommend Fr Jim as your officiant. Professional care at it's best!

376 Breakneck Road, Beacon, NY 12508   See On Map
917-880-0791 (phone)
Rev. Jim Rooney is a wedding Officiant from Beacon. We service weddings throughout the local area, including New York City, Westchester, and Hudson Valley. Rev. Jim Rooney is a professional wedding officiant that has been part of the New York wedding industry for 18 years. We specialize in Catholic, non denominational, Interfaith, religious, spiritual ceremonies.