173 Reviews for Rev. Jim Rooney

Interfaith Ceremony (2)
Agnostic (2)
Presbyterian (1)
173 Rev. Jim Rooney Reviews

Reverend Jim Rooney is an extraordinary human being and marriage officiant!! You could not possibly ask for a more genuine and caring person. Whether you are looking for a traditional ceremony or a very unique one... Jim Rooney is leaps and bounds above all the rest. He truly made my wedding ceremony one I will never forget and all of my family and friends are still raving about it!!

Profile Picture Nicol, 7/13/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious

Jim Rooney is amazing he meets ,guides and provides you with answers to all your questions . He’s on time he’s prints everything and he’s organized. He personalized our wedding and after the ceremony everyone was asking us about him and telling us how great he was. He was my brothers officiant as well. One of my friends said that if she wouldn’t have already married she definetly would have use Rooney.
Again he’s amazing!
Zoraida & Lina

Profile Picture Zoraida, 7/6/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination

Rev. Jim Rooney is fantastic! He was so passionate leading up to the ceremony and throughout. He was exactly what we both wanted - making our day very personal and special. We received many compliments that day saying how personalized I our day was and we know a big part came from our ceremony and Rev. Jim Rooney’s doing. Our ceremony only included parts that we wanted and he was in full support of it. Our favorite part of planning it was how much closer it brought us just in preparing for our ceremony. Writing our answers to his questions about our story was remarkable and added a unique flair to our special day. We cannot thank Rev. Jim Rooney enough for everything!! THANK YOU!! :o)

Profile Picture Pam, 6/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Jim is a spiritually fluent person who understood in a perfect sense how to bring peace, love, communication and understanding to our wedding day. People continue to talk about the wonderful content, flow and vibe of our ceremony.

An intuitive and quick-witted person with a charming demeanor, Rev. Jim is a good-humored Scotsman who turned out to be the perfect choice. We will always look back fondly on our time spent together. He went the extra mile to ensure that our wedding was exactly how we envisioned it. We are beyond thankful to Rev. Jim and highly recommend his services. Don't hesitate to contact him. We just hope he isn't booked on your big day!

All the best,

Stella & Brad

Profile Picture Brad, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We are so grateful to Reverend Rooney for our amazing ceremony. From our initial meeting, he was warm, down to earth, and genuinely interested in getting to know us as a couple. I am not very religious, and my now husband is somewhat religious - Rev. Rooney was able to guide us through a personalized and sentimental ceremony which was tailored for "us" as a couple. The ceremony was extremely important to us both - we feel too many people rush through their ceremony to get to the party, and half the guests aren't even paying attention - we wanted the exact opposite - a ceremony that would be memorable and romantic. Rev. Rooney did just that and more. So many of our guests told us how much they enjoyed our ceremony and how in tune everyone felt - exactly what we were going for! There is no one kinder or more genuine than Rev. Rooney - so if you are looking for a ceremony that isn't cookie cutter, he is the best of the best. He even texted me in the morning to say hello and to hope I was enjoying the day getting ready - little thoughtful touches that truly made it a wonderful experience! THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/1/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Rooney made our ceremony most the most memorable experiece. He took the time to get to know us from the beginning to the end! He made our ceremony so unique to us and our guests are still talking about it! Rev. Rooney truly listened to all of our requests to be included in the ceremony and we couldn’t be happier with picking Rev. Rooney as our officiant. We highly recommend him!

Photo for Rev. Jim Rooney Review - Rev. Rooney marrying Matt & Kyle
Profile Picture Matt, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, No Denomination

Rev Jim Rooney did an amazing job with the ceremony. He recounted our personal story to the guests in a manner that was heartfelt sincere and funny. Everyone was so entertained and moved. All throughout the reception whenever I went to talk with another guest, all they could do was rave about the Officiant. Another aspect he introduced that everyone loved was a 3 minute period of mingling at the very beginning of the ceremony, that suggested guests go across the aisle to meet people they don't know on the other side. This was different but well received and made everyone closer for the upcoming party. He really brought everyone together to have a good time.

Profile Picture Joseph , 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

The search for an Officiant should start and end with Rev. Jim Rooney. My wife and I had the privilege of having Jim preside over our ceremony and it was such an amazing experience.

Our guests could not stop telling us how much they enjoyed the ceremony and how unique and memorable it was and kept asking us how long Jim had known us for (as he performed the entire ceremony off book and tailored it to incorporate our story along with religious elements that were special to us). It was as if he had known us for our entire lives. They were shocked when they found out that we had only had 3 Skype sessions beforehand!

My Wife and I couldn’t be more grateful to Jim. His suggestions for what to incorporate into our ceremony were spot on and we couldn’t have asked for more. You will not find a better Officiant.

Profile Picture Brendan, 3/16/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, Single Religion, Customized Vows, Licensed

Reverend Rooney was an absolute pleasure to work with. Everyone who attended our wedding continues to comment on what a beautiful ceremony we had. My wife and I are very blessed to now consider Reverend Rooney a friend who we will continue to keep in touch with throughout our lives. Cannot begin to say enough great things about Reverend Rooney!

Profile Picture Michael, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Reverend Rooney was sweet, caring, professional & helpful. We visited his hermitage and felt right at home. He was inspirational to my husband and I and look forward to a lifelong friendship with Reverend. I cannot wait to have Reverend a part of our children’s lives as well one day. We continue to be in contact with Reverend after the wedding :) He made the ceremony something to remember.. So personal and perfect for us. Everyone at the part raved about how special the Ceremony was!

Profile Picture MELISSA, 2/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jim provided a wonderfully comforting structure to our wedding. He put a great deal of time into getting to know us and what was important to us. Everyone said it was the most beautiful wedding ceremony they had ever attended.

Profile Picture Ron , 12/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Of all the wedding vendors my husband and I booked, our officiant was the one I was most nervous about. Having been raised Catholic, I had no idea what to expect when we chose to get married at our venue instead of in the church. Some of the officiants we researched confirmed my fears, that some random person who didn't care to know us at all was going to be in charge of the most important moment of our lives so far - yikes!

THEN we found Reverend Jim Rooney! The reviews were all great and we met via Skype and he seemed like the real deal. I still had my reservations, but it was more the fear of the unknown still. We met and spoke several times leading up to our wedding day and with each meeting, I found myself feeling more and more comfortable with him and with our decision to get married at our venue. I cannot say enough to express how happy we both were with our ceremony. We've even had several guests tell us that it was the most meaningful ceremony they have ever been to!! Jim really took the time to get to know us and that was well-reflected in our ceremony. I would book with him a thousand times over :)

Profile Picture Kayla, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: No Denomination, Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Jim was wonderful! Our wedding was a few weeks ago and I still have people reaching out to me to tell me how lovely it was! He is truly remarkable!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

After a long search for the perfect person to marry us, my husband and I chose Rev Jim and we are so happy we did! We got married on 10/14/17 and Rev Jim made our ceremony beyond amazing! Jim truly took the time to get to know us and spent time asking us about our memories and life which he later used to create a one of a kind ceremony. Everyone there thought he knew us for years because he remembered every detail of our stories we shared with him. He truly felt like family on our special day. He's incredibly down to earth, professional, funny, punctual and overall great. Rev Jim suggested that during the ceremony we ask guests to mingle to which at first, my husband and I said no thinking that it wouldn't fit with the ceremony. After speaking with Rev Jim, we are so glad we went with his suggestion! The few minutes during which guests were mingling, my husband and I had the opportunity to look around and take everything in. This gave us few minutes to turn around, look at our friends and family and really soak up the moment. I highly suggest doing that. Thank you Rev Jim for making our day unforgettable!!

Profile Picture Paulina, 10/14/17, 8 Reviews

October 7, 2017 - Ceremony

The wedding ceremony is the most important part of the wedding celebration.

We cannot thank Reverend Jim Rooney enough for the fantastic job he did and how he made our wedding day so extra special. The time he took to really get to know us and implement these extra personal touches in our ceremony is commendable. Our guests commented about this all evening.

Reverend Jim, it was a pleasure getting to know you and having you perform a beautiful ceremony. Your melodious brogue, kindness and happy spirit is a memorable treasure we will hold close to our heart's forever.

Thank you.

Beth Anne & Michael

Profile Picture Beth Anne, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Reverend Jim Rooney was simply incredible!!! We have received so many compliments from our wedding guests saying that this was the best ceremony they had ever seen. Jim makes the ceremony so personal to the couple, and was in touch with us from booking, to our wedding. In our meetings together he helped to center us and remind us that the most important thing about this day is our love and nothing else. During our ceremony, Jim told stories of how my husband and I met, how we got engaged, and made it so enjoyable for us. My parents have passed, and although I was worried I would feel emotional, I wanted Jim to mention it. He mentioned both of my parents and I felt them there with me during the ceremony, they were very much alive. I can never thank Jim enough for all that he has done for us.

Profile Picture Valerie, 10/6/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Jim was amazing! He made our ceremony so personalized and special. From the first time we spoke, my husband and I were sure we wanted Rev. Jim to officiate our ceremony. He really took the time to get to know us, our backgrounds, and our love story. He had everyone laughing and crying throughout the ceremony. So many people came up to us during and after the wedding to tell us how much they enjoyed the ceremony, and I have had three engaged couples who attended the wedding ask for his information because they want him to officiate at their weddings!

Profile Picture Mary Beth, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Rooney was amazing!!!! He really made our ceremony and day so special. All of our guests loved how personal and sentimental our ceremony was and they absolutely loved Rev. Rooney! From the getgo he was super responsive and made the whole process a pleasure. He really tried to get to know us not only as a couple but also as individuals and it reflected in our ceremony. I would highly recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture Christina, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Catholic

Rev. Jim Rooney was so amazing! He was exactly what we were looking for. He was patient, kind, gentle, with a great sense of humor. He let us create our own ceremony but was always available to help when we needed. He provides many options for those who aren’t sure what they’re looking for! (Perfect for my husband and I.)

Profile Picture Alexandria, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We had the honor of having Reverend Jim Rooney preside over our wedding ceremony on August 5, 2017. Two words come to mind – simply the best!

My husband and I wanted an intimate wedding ceremony under god that was just as memorable as the reception. After weeks of interviewing priests, we found Reverend Rooney.

He is extremely personable, kind, genuine, and witty. Most important he takes the time to get to know you and your story, sharing pieces of it during the ceremony in the most eloquent manner. If you are looking for a priest to deliver your perfect wedding ceremony, catered to your needs, then Reverend Jim Rooney is for you!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Jim Rooney could not have made the moment of our marriage any more magical! The ceremony was so personalized and romantic! It was everything we wanted and more! We had our guests talking about the ceremony all night. He delivered the story of our love to our guests using laughter and love, just like it should be told. We could not have asked for a better experience! Rev. Rooney was accommodating, responsive and more importantly, he made sure our love story was told and he represented our love ok our very special day. Who could ask for more!!

Profile Picture Brianne, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I had always imagined getting married in a church, so when my husband and I decided on Blue Hill at Stone Barns and we realized it was logistically easier for us to get married in their space, I knew I wanted someone special to officiate our wedding.

Finding Jim Rooney was a Godsend. We immediately felt so comfortable with Jim when we met with him via Facetime. He made us laugh, but also asked thoughtful questions that made us dig deep to understand why we loved each other and why we decided to get married. We really enjoyed getting to know Jim and even met with him up at his home. Jim took the time and effort to really get to know me and my husband, which made the ceremony so special.

I highly suggest having Jim officiate your wedding especially if you are unable to get married in a church. It felt like an old friend was marrying us which made the ceremony and the day so special.

Profile Picture Claire, 5/6/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Jim Rooney married us yesterday and I couldnt keep track of how many guests told us how much they loved our ceremony and him. He kept everyone laughing and made it interactive all while keeping it personal and memorable. I would highly recommend Rev Jim Rooney!

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jim was the perfect officiant for us, and we are so incredibly glad that we found him! He really helped to make our wedding ceremony personal, unique, and MEMORABLE! Jim is a delight to work with leading up to the big day, and through getting to know you, he customizes the ceremony so it ends up feeling like the perfect fit. All night long, our guests were raving about what a wonderful ceremony we had, and how enjoyable it was. Do yourself a favor and have Jim officiate your wedding! You'll be so glad that you did.

Profile Picture Jen, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews