164 Reviews for Rev. Jim Rooney

Rehearsal (2)
Agnostic (2)
Presbyterian (1)
164 Rev. Jim Rooney Reviews

Reverend Rooney was an absolute pleasure to work with. Everyone who attended our wedding continues to comment on what a beautiful ceremony we had. My wife and I are very blessed to now consider Reverend Rooney a friend who we will continue to keep in touch with throughout our lives. Cannot begin to say enough great things about Reverend Rooney!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Michael, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Reverend Rooney was sweet, caring, professional & helpful. We visited his hermitage and felt right at home. He was inspirational to my husband and I and look forward to a lifelong friendship with Reverend. I cannot wait to have Reverend a part of our children’s lives as well one day. We continue to be in contact with Reverend after the wedding :) He made the ceremony something to remember.. So personal and perfect for us. Everyone at the part raved about how special the Ceremony was!

Profile Picture MELISSA, 2/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jim provided a wonderfully comforting structure to our wedding. He put a great deal of time into getting to know us and what was important to us. Everyone said it was the most beautiful wedding ceremony they had ever attended.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Ron , 12/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Of all the wedding vendors my husband and I booked, our officiant was the one I was most nervous about. Having been raised Catholic, I had no idea what to expect when we chose to get married at our venue instead of in the church. Some of the officiants we researched confirmed my fears, that some random person who didn't care to know us at all was going to be in charge of the most important moment of our lives so far - yikes!

THEN we found Reverend Jim Rooney! The reviews were all great and we met via Skype and he seemed like the real deal. I still had my reservations, but it was more the fear of the unknown still. We met and spoke several times leading up to our wedding day and with each meeting, I found myself feeling more and more comfortable with him and with our decision to get married at our venue. I cannot say enough to express how happy we both were with our ceremony. We've even had several guests tell us that it was the most meaningful ceremony they have ever been to!! Jim really took the time to get to know us and that was well-reflected in our ceremony. I would book with him a thousand times over :)

Profile Picture Kayla, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: No Denomination, Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Jim was wonderful! Our wedding was a few weeks ago and I still have people reaching out to me to tell me how lovely it was! He is truly remarkable!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

After a long search for the perfect person to marry us, my husband and I chose Rev Jim and we are so happy we did! We got married on 10/14/17 and Rev Jim made our ceremony beyond amazing! Jim truly took the time to get to know us and spent time asking us about our memories and life which he later used to create a one of a kind ceremony. Everyone there thought he knew us for years because he remembered every detail of our stories we shared with him. He truly felt like family on our special day. He's incredibly down to earth, professional, funny, punctual and overall great. Rev Jim suggested that during the ceremony we ask guests to mingle to which at first, my husband and I said no thinking that it wouldn't fit with the ceremony. After speaking with Rev Jim, we are so glad we went with his suggestion! The few minutes during which guests were mingling, my husband and I had the opportunity to look around and take everything in. This gave us few minutes to turn around, look at our friends and family and really soak up the moment. I highly suggest doing that. Thank you Rev Jim for making our day unforgettable!!

Profile Picture Paulina, 10/14/17, 8 Reviews

October 7, 2017 - Ceremony

The wedding ceremony is the most important part of the wedding celebration.

We cannot thank Reverend Jim Rooney enough for the fantastic job he did and how he made our wedding day so extra special. The time he took to really get to know us and implement these extra personal touches in our ceremony is commendable. Our guests commented about this all evening.

Reverend Jim, it was a pleasure getting to know you and having you perform a beautiful ceremony. Your melodious brogue, kindness and happy spirit is a memorable treasure we will hold close to our heart's forever.

Thank you.

Beth Anne & Michael

Profile Picture Beth Anne, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Reverend Jim Rooney was simply incredible!!! We have received so many compliments from our wedding guests saying that this was the best ceremony they had ever seen. Jim makes the ceremony so personal to the couple, and was in touch with us from booking, to our wedding. In our meetings together he helped to center us and remind us that the most important thing about this day is our love and nothing else. During our ceremony, Jim told stories of how my husband and I met, how we got engaged, and made it so enjoyable for us. My parents have passed, and although I was worried I would feel emotional, I wanted Jim to mention it. He mentioned both of my parents and I felt them there with me during the ceremony, they were very much alive. I can never thank Jim enough for all that he has done for us.

Profile Picture Valerie, 10/6/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Jim was amazing! He made our ceremony so personalized and special. From the first time we spoke, my husband and I were sure we wanted Rev. Jim to officiate our ceremony. He really took the time to get to know us, our backgrounds, and our love story. He had everyone laughing and crying throughout the ceremony. So many people came up to us during and after the wedding to tell us how much they enjoyed the ceremony, and I have had three engaged couples who attended the wedding ask for his information because they want him to officiate at their weddings!

Profile Picture Mary Beth, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Rooney was amazing!!!! He really made our ceremony and day so special. All of our guests loved how personal and sentimental our ceremony was and they absolutely loved Rev. Rooney! From the getgo he was super responsive and made the whole process a pleasure. He really tried to get to know us not only as a couple but also as individuals and it reflected in our ceremony. I would highly recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture Christina, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Catholic

Rev. Jim Rooney was so amazing! He was exactly what we were looking for. He was patient, kind, gentle, with a great sense of humor. He let us create our own ceremony but was always available to help when we needed. He provides many options for those who aren’t sure what they’re looking for! (Perfect for my husband and I.)

Profile Picture Alexandria, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We had the honor of having Reverend Jim Rooney preside over our wedding ceremony on August 5, 2017. Two words come to mind – simply the best!

My husband and I wanted an intimate wedding ceremony under god that was just as memorable as the reception. After weeks of interviewing priests, we found Reverend Rooney.

He is extremely personable, kind, genuine, and witty. Most important he takes the time to get to know you and your story, sharing pieces of it during the ceremony in the most eloquent manner. If you are looking for a priest to deliver your perfect wedding ceremony, catered to your needs, then Reverend Jim Rooney is for you!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Jim Rooney could not have made the moment of our marriage any more magical! The ceremony was so personalized and romantic! It was everything we wanted and more! We had our guests talking about the ceremony all night. He delivered the story of our love to our guests using laughter and love, just like it should be told. We could not have asked for a better experience! Rev. Rooney was accommodating, responsive and more importantly, he made sure our love story was told and he represented our love ok our very special day. Who could ask for more!!

Profile Picture Brianne, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I had always imagined getting married in a church, so when my husband and I decided on Blue Hill at Stone Barns and we realized it was logistically easier for us to get married in their space, I knew I wanted someone special to officiate our wedding.

Finding Jim Rooney was a Godsend. We immediately felt so comfortable with Jim when we met with him via Facetime. He made us laugh, but also asked thoughtful questions that made us dig deep to understand why we loved each other and why we decided to get married. We really enjoyed getting to know Jim and even met with him up at his home. Jim took the time and effort to really get to know me and my husband, which made the ceremony so special.

I highly suggest having Jim officiate your wedding especially if you are unable to get married in a church. It felt like an old friend was marrying us which made the ceremony and the day so special.

Profile Picture Claire, 5/6/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Jim Rooney married us yesterday and I couldnt keep track of how many guests told us how much they loved our ceremony and him. He kept everyone laughing and made it interactive all while keeping it personal and memorable. I would highly recommend Rev Jim Rooney!

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jim was the perfect officiant for us, and we are so incredibly glad that we found him! He really helped to make our wedding ceremony personal, unique, and MEMORABLE! Jim is a delight to work with leading up to the big day, and through getting to know you, he customizes the ceremony so it ends up feeling like the perfect fit. All night long, our guests were raving about what a wonderful ceremony we had, and how enjoyable it was. Do yourself a favor and have Jim officiate your wedding! You'll be so glad that you did.

Profile Picture Jen, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jim added so much more to our wedding experience besides having us recite, "I do."
Our guests were very impressed with his ability to recite our relationship story without reading from cue cards.
I would absolutely recommend him.

Profile Picture Joe, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Two years ago my boyfriend (now husband) and family went to a wedding where Rev. Jim Rooney was officiating. My boyfriend turned to me and said one day when we get married we are going to use Rev. Jim. His ceremony was beautiful, personable and most of all memorable. Two years later when my boyfriend proposed to me we knew exactly who we were going to ask to marry us. One of my favorite parts of my wedding day was the ceremony. Rev Jim made our ceremony so special and once again so memorable. Three months later I am still getting compliments on our ceremony. Thank you Rev Jim.

Profile Picture Melanie, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Jim was absolutely amazing and an absolute pleasure to have officiate our weeding, which was a themed Venetian-masquerade ball-Halloween style-medieval-Game of Thronesy wedding at The Castle in Tarrytown NY. Let me tell you something right now! Stop looking for an officiant and just call him to schedule a meeting and I promise you will be hiring him on the spot!!! He actually cares about his clients and took the time to really get to know us, our history, our family/culture, and put us in a fascinating position of asking ourselves questions about our relationship/engagement/marriage that we didn't even think to ask ourselves. He added a whole next level layer to everything that we didn't even think existed. We happily made 3 visits to his amazing home in Beacon. Each visit had a purpose. My wife and I were blown away by Jim's professionalism, positivity, demeanor, and the fact that he actually wanted to know who we really were. For our final visit, we did an art retreat at his home where he asked us to contemplate our relationship and paint a painting representing that together, which is really an incredible bonding exercise. He wore the greatest outfit for our wedding (a suit with bowtie/kilt!!!...he will wear whatever fits your particular tastes...he's got all sorts of outfits to choose from) which fit perfectly with the spirit and theme of everything. He made us feel no fear and our guests comfortable. We got more value from him for our money than any other vendor or venue employee or photographer, etc. He was the linchpin of our entire wedding. There is no way it would've worked without him. He made our ceremony so unique that people are still talking about it now and the wedding was in October! We still keep in touch!!!...and I'm sorry to you Rev Jim for only posting this review now!!! Forgive me. You know how we can't help but procrastinate. LOL. But in all seriousness, there is absolutely no reason to search any further....trust me this is your guy!

Profile Picture Michael, 10/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Jim married me and my husband at Tribeca Rooftop on October 21, 2016. We were fortunate enough to have our ceremony on the rooftop and even more fortunate to have Rev. Jim as our officiant. The gorgeous skyline view and Rev. Jim made our ceremony unbelievably beautiful. We had friends and relatives coming up to us during the reception telling us how lovely our ceremony was and also asking us how we found him. He was warm, charismatic and funny. He had all of our guests smiling throughout the entire ceremony. Rev. Jim was able to incorporate our catholic faith while also making it personal and about our relationship. He provided us with so many options to help us tailor our ceremony to one that would be special to us. We could not have been happier with our ceremony. He really gave us the dream ceremony we always envisioned! So glad we found him and that he was part of our dream wedding!

Profile Picture Christine, 10/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Jim Rooney did an amazing job. I may get divorced just so he can marry us again. Thank you so much Jim. Hope to see you again soon!

Profile Picture Francis, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

You will not go wrong with going Rev. Jim Rooney. We had a last minute problem with our officiant and Rev. Jim was quick and professional. All at the same time, he was so engaging in getting to know me and my wife. He had no problem traveling to queens, NY for us He also worked brilliantly with our wedding planning, we had a mixed american/korean wedding. He fit right in! Nothing but top marks for this gentleman!

Profile Picture Steven, 10/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Presbyterian, Single Religion

Reverend Rooney was absolutely amazing!! When we were first looking for an officiant, we read all of the reviews mentioning how guests were coming up to the newlyweds after the ceremony ranting and raving about his ceremony and they couldn't have been more right! We are almost a month out from our wedding and are still getting calls from family and friends talking about how great Reverend Rooney was, how personal the ceremony was, and even asking us how long we've known him since our ceremony was so personal!! We always knew we wanted to get married outside and with a view, and a big issue with some of the family was not having a catholic priest since they were not permitted to marry us outside. Reverend Rooney let us make our ceremony as religious as we wanted to, and while we did incorporate many of the same aspects of a traditional catholic church ceremony, he made it his priority to make our ceremony unique and a true celebration of our love. He was so flexible and accommodating with our busy schedules and we had a few skype sessions with him leading up to our wedding so he could get to know us as a couple. We went to a retreat at his home the week before our wedding for an afternoon where he cooked us the most amazing frittatas and helped us reshift our wedding focus back onto the most important thing-- our love and the reason we were doing all of the crazy planning! It couldn't have been more perfect as we were exhausted leading up to the wedding and all of the little details and issues which were making us beyond stressed-- we left Beacon Hermitage refreshed and recharged after spending the afternoon discussing and painting all of the important things in our relationship and the path that lead us up to our wedding. (He offered a few activities to choose from on the retreat and we chose to paint images and symbols of our relationship.) We highly HIGHLY recommend Reverend Rooney and are so incredibly grateful to have found him!!!

Profile Picture Alina, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We are so happy we decided to have Rev Rooney officiate our wedding! Everyone kept telling us how beautiful our ceremony was and how much they love the way it was set up. My husband and I definitely recommend Rev Rooney to anyone, he was very kind and helped make our wedding absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture nicole, 9/30/16, 4 Reviews