23 Downing Road, Peabody, MA 01960 Map · Phone number

About Retonica

Retonica originally started doing large-scale installations of color-changing LED lighting. Since then, we have evolved into lighting events of all kinds. Using our state-of-the-art wireless lighting, you can now have lighting in places you never thought possible.

Break free of standard uplighting and imagine color-coordinated lit centerpieces that turn your entire function hall into a dance floor. No more dark areas around the perimeter after dinner, each table becomes part of the show. Spotlight guests as they give speeches, light tables one by one to call them for dessert, dancing, you name it! Our designers will turn your event into a full-scale stage production, and everything can change at the touch of a button.

If you're a DIY-er, you can rent our uplights and use the included remote control to color your space any way you choose. We ship nationwide.

img1622

15 Reviews for Retonica

• Tara

Tara McMullen · Married on 11/10/2018

Unbelievably awesome!

We hired Retonica to provide lighting for our wedding reception at the Loyal Order of Moose (“Moose Lodge”) in Salem last month – and I am soooooo glad we did! I am not exaggerating one bit when I say that Retonica’s lighting scheme completely transformed our fairly ho-hum drab reception hall into something beyond special and magical… Joey is a miracle worker!

Prior to the reception, I exchanged several emails with him to discuss our needs, ideas, and budget, and I sent him some photos of the unadorned space to give him an idea of what we were working with. We then met with him twice in person at the space to do a walk-through, play with some sample lights, and further discuss our needs and preferences. His ultimate design scheme (complete with TONS of uplights, dance floor lighting, music responsive LEDs, and color changes) hit every mark and checked every box on our list….. it was EXACTLY what we wanted. Even though we hadn’t always been able to articulate exactly what we wanted…he seemed to intuitively know what we would like!

All of our guests who had previously attended other events at the Moose told us that when they first walked into the reception, they didn’t even recognize the space – it looked that amazing and different! Initially I hadn’t wanted to spend the money on lighting, given our already tight wedding budget – but it really was one of the best investments we made in our special day. I don’t regret any dollar we spent hiring them – they were worth every last penny!

Joey was professional, courteous, creative, and so fun to work with – and clearly has a top-notch team. 10/10, five-stars-across-the-board, would-hire-again!

Sent on 12/27/2018

DonandSoo · Married on 10/08/2016

If i could add a title to these reviews, Joey's would be: "joey to the rescue"! A little bit of context: Finding a vendor for the lighting and decor for the wedding was the hardest task for me- even harder than finding my wedding dress (and I tried on 118 dresses before finding mine!). After spending hours on pinterest and other decor related websites for inspiration, contacting every single vendor within 30 miles of Boston, I still didn't know what I wanted. Given my lack of focus, other vendors were very impatient with me, but then I found Joey! He was incredibly understanding from the very beginning, and through many many many email exchanges with photos, images and videos that he sent me, we were able to narrow down what I wanted for the wedding! And then: the decor was WAY over our budget. So we went back to emailing and calling each other A LOT. Many ideas were thrown around again, and then he was able to yet again find an idea that was going to be spectacular and brand new: a projection of candles (think Harry Potter) on the ceiling of our tent! It was within budget, we found another vendor that would be helping us, all was finally good to go! And then: a week before the wedding, the other vendor emails us telling us that he has a family emergency and won't be able to make it to the wedding. I frantically call Joey and he tells me he's brainstorming ideas, and wants to talk to us on the phone to show us his new vision! And this wasn't enough for him! He reshuffled his schedule so that we could meet at the venue 3 nights prior to the event so that we could see the effect of his lasers in the venue itself- The lasers were not the kind that you would expect at a electronic music rave (unless you want that, in which case Joey can also do that), but it was incredible how tastefully the lasers would project different patterns and effects that mimicked drapes, water, etc! Everything was perfect. THANK YOU JOEY!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Amazing service, beautiful lighting! Our wedding venue was an old space with not much to work with and joey made it look like the most gorgeous room! Thank you for making all our dreams come true!

Sent on 04/22/2017

Retonica FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding lighting? $ 495.00
  • Which of the following does starting price include? Delivery, Monograms, Pinspotting, Uplighting
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding lighting package? $ 1,500.00
  • Which of the following does your most popular wedding package include? Audiovisuals, Chandeliers, Clean Up, Dance Floor Lighting, Day-Of Coordination, Delivery, Hanging Lit Decor, Lanterns, Monograms, Outdoor, Pinspotting, Setup, String, Uplighting, Wall Wash
  • What lighting services do you provide? Accent, Chandeliers, Dance Floor Lighting, Hanging Lit Decor, Lanterns, Monograms, Pinspotting, Uplighting, Wall Wash
  • What decor services do you provide? Clean Up, Day-of Coordination, Drapery, Event Design, Event Planning, Setup
  • What decor items are available? Backdrops, Candles/Holders, Table Runners, Vases

• Primavera Dreams
    Primavera Dreams Wedding Planners

Both, my clients and I, love working with Joey, who is friendly, professional, well organized and always willing to help. The last wedding we’ve done together was such a hit! The lighting was top-notch and indeed highlighted the couple’s individuality as being modern, sharp and very classic at the same time. We’ve got many compliments on the lighting, and the couple was delighted. Professional lighting is a must in the modern world of events and weddings, and a good vendor is instrumental for an overall success. I highly recommend Joey and Retonica!

• 23 Downing Road Peabody, 01960 See on map