5547 30th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98108 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 12

About Puget Sound Strings

Based in Seattle, Washington, Puget Sound Strings specializes in providing instrumental music for your wedding ceremony. They are 100-percent flexible with musical selections and timing when working with you to determine your vision and playlist for the big day. The experienced string quartet can play as a trio or duo, or as solo instrumentalists. Their musical talents play everything from timeless wedding classics, to jazz standards, to popular hits of today.

Puget Sound Strings play high-quality and beautiful music that coordinates seamlessly throughout your ceremony. There are up to six members in the band who can perform. Asside from core string quartet (2 violins, viola, cello) they frequently include harp, piano, flute, and trumpet in the ensemble. You can work with them to create a playlist, and if that includes learning new songs, they will do that too. Not only can they perform at your ceremony but also at the cocktail hour, reception, and rehearsal dinner.

• Sophie Baird-Daniel

Videos 2 vídeos

93 Reviews for Puget Sound Strings

• Kathy

Kathy Toth · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Hire the strings...and bring the DJ!

HIRE THESE MUSICIANS. This will be long, but let me start out by saying that choosing the musical entertainment for our wedding was one of the most stressful parts for me. There seemed to be so many options, whether I wanted a band or a DJ, what packages... One thing I did know for sure was that I wanted to have a string quartet at our ceremony. My coordinator, Erika Hernandez, referred me to Puget Sound Strings specifically for the quartet, and after the sticker shock of every other wedding vendor, I was pleasantly surprised by the prices Puget Sound Strings offered. On top of that, I saw that they had a "Bring the DJ" package which allowed you to have a string quartet and a DJ for a steal. Now, I am a person who likes to do her research and read lots of reviews. There were absolutely ZERO reviews for the DJ with P.S.S. so I felt like I was taking a bit of a gamble, but honestly it was the best decision I made. For the string quartet, we picked our ceremony songs which they played beautifully. Our guests couldn't stop complimenting how wonderful the music was for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Once we transitioned to dinner, Brad, the DJ, took over. He actually came over to my husband and I to ask us since we chose cinematic music for our ceremony if we would like him to continue that theme through dinner. This was fully of his own initiative and we loved it. We watched our guests have fun guessing what movie the current song was from, and the music was a conversation starter all through dinner. And then....the dance party. One of my main goals for our wedding was to have a big dance party, and truly the dancing never stopped. Puget Sound Strings helped make my wedding absolutely perfect, and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 01/14/2020

Puget Sound Strings's reply:

Kathy, we're soooo glad you took a chance on us with our DJ package, and we're even happier to hear that we delivered! All the best.

-Mitchell
    Owner/Violinist
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/21/2019

Variety of small ensemble options for your wedding

We booked a flute and harp duo for our wedding ceremony. Of course as the bride I didn’t get to hear too much of their prelude or postlude music, but what I did hear was beautiful – very talented musicians. They barely needed any instructions about what the cues were for the processional song and recessional song – they were obviously very experienced at performing at weddings. Puget Sound Strings makes it super easy to book a variety of different small ensemble groups and pick from a variety of wedding classics, classical, pop, jazz, and movie/musical theme music. For a small fee the ensemble can also learn a new song not on their list of songs, but they had so much variety that I didn’t find that to be necessary. Puget Sound Strings has a great system setup, including online payment, easy to use booking form, and one point person for all communication up until the week of the wedding when I got the contact info for the musicians.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Puget Sound Strings's reply:

Thanks for your feedback Lisa! I'm really glad to hear that you were satisfied with our music, and that you found our booking and communication to be convenient for you.
  • Rio

Rio · Married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful sounds to compliment any wedding

We thoroughly enjoyed having Puget Sound Strings be a part of our wedding. I always wanted a string band for my ceremony and they did an outstanding job. I requested a custom song for the bridal entrance and it brought so many of our friends and family to tears hearing my husband and I's song on strings. I absolutely recommend them to any couple looking for music for their wedding. (photos by Marnie Cornell Photography)

Sent on 01/07/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Puget Sound Strings FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?
    $ 275.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 700
    Ceremony Music
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?
    Instrumental - Solo
    Instrumental - Duo
    String - Trio
    String - Quartet
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
    4 - 6
  • What instruments does your group play?
    Cello
    Harp
    Piano
    Viola
    Violin
  • What services do you provide?
    Ceremony Music
    Cocktail Hour Music
    Learn New Songs
    Reception Music
    Rehearsal Dinner Music

• 5547 30th Ave NE Seattle, WA, 98108 See on map
    Location of (Puget Sound Strings)