Puget Sound Strings Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Elianor H. Getting married on 12/06/2021

Fabulous string quartet!

Puget Sound Strings was the perfect addition to our wedding! Our quartet was very talented and professional. They played an array of pop covers and timed the songs perfectly as we walked down the aisle. Highly recommend them!
  • Ariana
    Ariana B. Married on 09/04/2021

Easy to work with and BEAUTIFUL performance

The Puget Sound Strings performed the music for my wedding ceremony as well as during the cocktail hour that followed. They were a pleasure to work with and performed beautifully. They make the timing of every song seamless, which in turn made the processional, recessional, etc. stress-free for everyone in the wedding party. They have a great repertoire of songs and also are willing to do custom songs for a very reasonable fee (fee based on complexity). Definitely recommend!
    Cierra O. Married on 08/15/2021

Perfect Elopement

They were so fantastic, they played all my special requests. They made everything truly perfect.
    John Married on 08/22/2020

Wedding Music

Puget Sound Strings provided some beautiful music for our wedding. Their response times made it quite easy to work with them. We had a COVID wedding, and everyone from Puget Sound Strings were great at working with our other vendors to make sure everything went well while still maintaining all the state recommendations for COVID prevention.
  • Rio
    Rio Married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful sounds to compliment any wedding

We thoroughly enjoyed having Puget Sound Strings be a part of our wedding. I always wanted a string band for my ceremony and they did an outstanding job. I requested a custom song for the bridal entrance and it brought so many of our friends and family to tears hearing my husband and I's song on strings. I absolutely recommend them to any couple looking for music for their wedding. (photos by Marnie Cornell Photography)
  • Kathy
    Kathy T. Married on 09/21/2019

Hire the strings...and bring the DJ!

HIRE THESE MUSICIANS. This will be long, but let me start out by saying that choosing the musical entertainment for our wedding was one of the most stressful parts for me. There seemed to be so many options, whether I wanted a band or a DJ, what packages... One thing I did know for sure was that I wanted to have a string quartet at our ceremony. My coordinator, Erika Hernandez, referred me to Puget Sound Strings specifically for the quartet, and after the sticker shock of every other wedding vendor, I was pleasantly surprised by the prices Puget Sound Strings offered. On top of that, I saw that they had a "Bring the DJ" package which allowed you to have a string quartet and a DJ for a steal. Now, I am a person who likes to do her research and read lots of reviews. There were absolutely ZERO reviews for the DJ with P.S.S. so I felt like I was taking a bit of a gamble, but honestly it was the best decision I made. For the string quartet, we picked our ceremony songs which they played beautifully. Our guests couldn't stop complimenting how wonderful the music was for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Once we transitioned to dinner, Brad, the DJ, took over. He actually came over to my husband and I to ask us since we chose cinematic music for our ceremony if we would like him to continue that theme through dinner. This was fully of his own initiative and we loved it. We watched our guests have fun guessing what movie the current song was from, and the music was a conversation starter all through dinner. And then....the dance party. One of my main goals for our wedding was to have a big dance party, and truly the dancing never stopped. Puget Sound Strings helped make my wedding absolutely perfect, and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Puget Sound Strings's reply:

Kathy, we're soooo glad you took a chance on us with our DJ package, and we're even happier to hear that we delivered! All the best.

-Mitchell
    Owner/Violinist
  • Lisa
    Lisa Married on 09/21/2019

Variety of small ensemble options for your wedding

We booked a flute and harp duo for our wedding ceremony. Of course as the bride I didn’t get to hear too much of their prelude or postlude music, but what I did hear was beautiful – very talented musicians. They barely needed any instructions about what the cues were for the processional song and recessional song – they were obviously very experienced at performing at weddings. Puget Sound Strings makes it super easy to book a variety of different small ensemble groups and pick from a variety of wedding classics, classical, pop, jazz, and movie/musical theme music. For a small fee the ensemble can also learn a new song not on their list of songs, but they had so much variety that I didn’t find that to be necessary. Puget Sound Strings has a great system setup, including online payment, easy to use booking form, and one point person for all communication up until the week of the wedding when I got the contact info for the musicians.

Puget Sound Strings's reply:

Thanks for your feedback Lisa! I'm really glad to hear that you were satisfied with our music, and that you found our booking and communication to be convenient for you.
  • Maganda
    Maganda Married on 09/09/2019

Dream wedding with perfect music

I have always dreamed of having a string quartet for my wedding, and I couldn't have picked a better one! Any questions I had were answered quickly, and the contract and planning was easy. Before the wedding started, they even played some fun songs that matched my musical style, like 'Love is an Open Door' from Frozen! And I will never forget that moment the ceremony started. All my bridesmaids started walking, and then it was my turn. My song was played perfectly, and it took so much effort not to cry as I walked down the aisle. Every aspect of my wedding was perfect, and Puget Sound Strings was a big part of it.
  • Mackenzie
    Mackenzie Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing string quarter!

We hired Puget Sound Strings for our ceremony and cocktail hour and they were incredible - not only are they talented, they are professional and very easy to work with.
  • Nancy
    Nancy H. Married on 08/10/2019

They are fabulous and we could not have been more pleased!

What a talented group of musicians and what a pleasure to work with them!!! They performed for our daughter’s wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and everyone was raving about the beautiful music that they produced. But the show stopper for our family was the song that my daughter chose to walk down the aisle - Portuguese Long Song from the movie, Love Actually. They learned this song for her wedding and it actually brought tears to my eyes- it was even more beautiful than in the movie. They are the real deal and we are internally grateful! They are fantastic!!!
  • Crystel
    Crystel Married on 07/20/2019

Simply, amazing!

Puget Sound Strings provided a string trio for my husband and I's wedding ceremony and cocktail hour in July 2019. I regret it's taken me so long to write this review! The string trio was simply, AMAZING. They truly made our wedding ceremony unique and helped bring our vision into reality. My guests were raving about that portion of our ceremony and cocktail hour - they were so impressed and enjoyed the music!

It was Rebecca who we communicated mostly with through email prior to the wedding day. Let me just say, she made the communication and booking process so easy. Their repertoire was definitely impressive and we had a lot to chose of pieces to from. There were 3 specific songs we wanted for our ceremony (Bittersweet Symphony, Here Comes the Sun, & Stand by Me) and I was thrilled to find out they were able to play for us! I also want to thank Rebecca for helping us decide on a song for our bridal party to walk out to after the ceremony. We wanted something a little more upbeat, but still elegant at the same time. She helped us decide on Viva La Vida - the PERFECT ending!

Overall, we were so happy with our decision to have Puget Sound Strings play at our wedding. The booking process was so easy, the string trio came and did an amazing job and everything was just executed so professionally! It truly made our wedding extra special - I had no idea how magical the write music would make the most important part of our day. If you're thinking of booking PSS for your big day or event, DO IT! I assure you, you will not regret it! :)
    Steve F. Married on 07/20/2019

A superb performance

The music was lovely and strengthened the feeling of elegance and sophistication of the occasion and setting. This was exactly what we were hoping to achieve!
  • Shellie
    Shellie D. Married on 07/13/2019

Ultimate dream!

It was always a dream of mine to walk down the aisle while having a string duo playing. Brian called the day before to go over logistics and was very professional. Thank you to Brian and his colleague for making a dream of mine come true! The music was amazing. I just wished it was a bit louder. Highly, highly, highly recommend!!!!
  • Briana
    Briana Married on 07/08/2019

Excellent experience from PSS!

We hired Puget Sound Strings to play at our Roche Harbor wedding in July 2019. Rebecca and Eli were wonderful to work with - responsive to questions, enthusiastic about setting up details, and happy and excited to be there when it finally happened! They arranged many pieces for us for a very reasonable rate and performed them wonderfully, and their travel fees are incredibly affordable. We loved having them at our wedding and recommend them for yours!
    Vivienne B. Married on 06/29/2019

The quartet brought the wedding to another level

Puget Sound Strings provided a string quartet for my son's wedding at Edgewater House in Olalla, WA, in June 29, and the quartet raised the level of the entire event. The musicians were professionals who played with great depth and beauty. During and after the event, many guests commented about how stunning the music was and said the quality was well beyond the 'usual' string quartets they had heard at other weddings over the years. It was also notable that the quartet felt like a cohesive group, not like four classical musicians who just happened to be assigned to this wedding and might not have worked closely together before. We very, very strongly recommend Puget Sound Strings.
  • Diane
    Diane H. Married on 06/29/2019

Perfectly perfect music for a wedding!!

We loved working with Puget Sound String for our daughter's wedding. The quartet for the ceremony and cocktail hour was beyond beautiful and we had their DJ for our reception/dance. The music and lights made an awesome dance party!!!
    Tiffanie F. Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful!

Puget Sound Strings was prompt and professional. Their set up was unnoticeable and the music was beautiful. They provided exactly what we expected and allowed us to choose the music selections.
  • Maria
    Maria Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful Music!

We had a strings duo from Puget Sound Strings play our wedding and our cocktail hour. They were super professional and easy to communicate with! Their repertoire has a lot to choose from, so you can craft the exact feel you want. They even have a sample ceremony song list if all the choices overwhelm you! One of my favorite moments from my wedding was when our recessional began to play. We chose "When I'm 64" by the Beatles and our guests got a kick out of it, they even started singing along! I'd highly recommend working with Puget Sound Strings for any event!
    Arthur J. Married on 12/18/2018

Excellent Musicians Variety of music

Impressive musicians. Very flexible with music selections from the classical and the contemporary. We added the harp for extra color. Highly recommend the Puget Sound Strings for weddings or any event where quality music is desired. The music is present but not dominating.
  • Allison & Wyatt
    Allison W. Married on 08/18/2018
    Thank you so much for making our wedding extra special! We very much enjoyed the popular music of the string trio, as did our guests. My one regret is to not have been present for the cocktail hour so I missed some of the songs! (what could we do). The string instruments played with perfect timing and were accommodating to learning a new song so that I could have my dream wedding. Thank you again we were very happy!
    -Alli & Wyatt 8/18 Kirkland, WA
    Joe Married on 08/18/2018

Exceptional!

Puget Sound Strings were exceptional! Incredibly talented, professional, reliable. They set up in the backyard and had everyone mesmerized from beginning to end. Highest recommendation!
    Janne M. Married on 08/10/2018

A++ Vendor

I really wanted live music at my wedding and all the other live band/musicians I looked at were over my budget. Puget Sound Strings worked well within my budget and for a Cello and Violin player. For the little time I heard them they sounded awesome and my wedding guests were astounded and loved it! They thought I shelled out the big bucks for the live music. It worked perfectly with the time frame I allotted and they were professional and on time. I would definitely hire again if given a chance. Loved it!
    Rebecca Married on 08/04/2018
    My daughter put a string quartet at the top of her wedding priority list - Puget Sound Strings did not disappoint! They played for both the ceremony and reception and sounded beautiful. Communication prior to the wedding was prompt and efficient. Highly recommend!
    S Married on 05/05/2018
    So easy to work with! When I picked several songs for the ceremony they were (kindly) candid and suggested the number of transitions might make things feel choppy. I greatly appreciated (and took) their advice and the music was absolutely beautiful!
    Lisa Married on 09/15/2017
    I cannot say enough about this group. This is the thank-you note I sent them...
    "I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for making our wedding ceremony so special. I cannot even begin to express how perfectly beautiful the music was. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. I would imagine that performing at weddings over and over, it would be easy to grow used to the occasion. And I just hoped I could remind you, in case you'd forgotten, just how special what you do really is. This was our wedding day. We will remember this day for the rest of our lives. And your musicians made it even more special than I imagined it. We regretted not catching them before they left, everything was such a blur, I would have loved to meet them and give them my thanks in person.

Additionally, thank you for not only being so responsive and easy to work with, but for giving such sound advice and guidance. So much goes in to planning a wedding, especially without a coordinator; you made me feel very confident that everything would be perfect, and it was.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts."