Puget Sound Strings Reviews

Puget Sound Strings 2
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful Music!

We had a strings duo from Puget Sound Strings play our wedding and our cocktail hour. They were super professional and easy to communicate with! Their repertoire has a lot to choose from, so you can craft the exact feel you want. They even have a sample ceremony song list if all the choices overwhelm you! One of my favorite moments from my wedding was when our recessional began to play. We chose "When I'm 64" by the Beatles and our guests got a kick out of it, they even started singing along! I'd highly recommend working with Puget Sound Strings for any event!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Arthur D Jackson · Married on 12/18/2018

Excellent Musicians Variety of music

Impressive musicians. Very flexible with music selections from the classical and the contemporary. We added the harp for extra color. Highly recommend the Puget Sound Strings for weddings or any event where quality music is desired. The music is present but not dominating.

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • Allison & Wyatt

Allison & Wyatt · Married on 08/18/2018

Thank you so much for making our wedding extra special! We very much enjoyed the popular music of the string trio, as did our guests. My one regret is to not have been present for the cocktail hour so I missed some of the songs! (what could we do). The string instruments played with perfect timing and were accommodating to learning a new song so that I could have my dream wedding. Thank you again we were very happy!
    -Alli & Wyatt 8/18 Kirkland, WA

Sent on 09/22/2018

Joe F · Married on 08/18/2018

Exceptional!

Puget Sound Strings were exceptional! Incredibly talented, professional, reliable. They set up in the backyard and had everyone mesmerized from beginning to end. Highest recommendation!

Sent on 02/18/2019

Janne Marri Heckeroth · Married on 08/10/2018

A++ Vendor

I really wanted live music at my wedding and all the other live band/musicians I looked at were over my budget. Puget Sound Strings worked well within my budget and for a Cello and Violin player. For the little time I heard them they sounded awesome and my wedding guests were astounded and loved it! They thought I shelled out the big bucks for the live music. It worked perfectly with the time frame I allotted and they were professional and on time. I would definitely hire again if given a chance. Loved it!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Rebecca · Married on 08/04/2018

My daughter put a string quartet at the top of her wedding priority list - Puget Sound Strings did not disappoint! They played for both the ceremony and reception and sounded beautiful. Communication prior to the wedding was prompt and efficient. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/07/2018

S · Married on 05/05/2018

So easy to work with! When I picked several songs for the ceremony they were (kindly) candid and suggested the number of transitions might make things feel choppy. I greatly appreciated (and took) their advice and the music was absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Lisa · Married on 09/15/2017

I cannot say enough about this group. This is the thank-you note I sent them...
    "I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for making our wedding ceremony so special. I cannot even begin to express how perfectly beautiful the music was. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. I would imagine that performing at weddings over and over, it would be easy to grow used to the occasion. And I just hoped I could remind you, in case you'd forgotten, just how special what you do really is. This was our wedding day. We will remember this day for the rest of our lives. And your musicians made it even more special than I imagined it. We regretted not catching them before they left, everything was such a blur, I would have loved to meet them and give them my thanks in person.

Additionally, thank you for not only being so responsive and easy to work with, but for giving such sound advice and guidance. So much goes in to planning a wedding, especially without a coordinator; you made me feel very confident that everything would be perfect, and it was.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts."

Sent on 09/29/2017

Laura · Married on 08/26/2017

Wow! These musicians were amazing. Everybody loved the music, they had great music options and played beautifully. I only wish I could have listened to the music longer! They were great to work with and the musicians were very professional.

Sent on 09/25/2017

Michelle · Married on 07/03/2017

Puget Sound Strings were extremely professional, easy to work with, and did a great job for our ceremony. They have a wide selection of classical and popular music to select from – and our guests loved hearing some of their favorite tunes in a classical way. PLUS, it was really special to have their music add that extra special touch to the family, wedding party, and father/bride walking down the aisle. Thank you to the team – the day would not have been the same without you!

Sent on 09/19/2017

I used them to play a custom concert as part of proposing to my girlfriend. They were absolutely perfect! And I had some unusual requests. I had staged a painting class and had them pretend to be regular attendees of the class. On a certain cue, they stopped, grabbed their instruments, and surprised her with the first song while I proposed. They were so nice about the whole thing and couldn't have pulled it off any better. They really went the extra mile to ensure everything would be perfect, and it's a night we'll never forget thanks to them! Highly, highly, highly recommended!

Sent on 09/04/2015

Mitchell and team were FANTASTIC! Our wedding attendees all gushed about how lovely and truly romantic our ceremony was and I have to give the credit to Puget Sound Strings. They were really easy to work with, very professional, and extremely talented. We would definitely recommend them to friends, family and perfect strangers.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Patricia · Married on 08/22/2015

Their music was beautiful and made the ceremony so lovely! Many comments that live music made it really special! Very easy to work with and always prompt to answer any inquires! Thanks!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Lauren · Married on 08/22/2015

Puget Sound Strings was such a hit at our wedding! We chose them because we loved that we could include a combination of both classic and contemporary songs in our ceremony. They also learned the Notre Dame Alma Mater to be played during the sign of peace, which was so special and personal to us. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Mitchell at Puget Sound Strings was very accommodating with our music selection and the feel we were going for the ceremony. I halfheartedly asked if they could play a specific song that was not on their list of songs for my walk down the aisle and they were able to arrange it for me! Mitchell always responded to any questions we had within a day. They were easy and seamless to work with. Puget Sound Strings played beautifully and really made our ceremony extra special, especially with us being musicians ourselves.

Sent on 10/29/2015

We had a string duo for our wedding and were very happy with our choice. Our wedding was outdoors and Puget Sounds Strings played beautifully; many of our guests complimented them to us after the wedding! Mitchell was great to work with; he was very responsive and helpful with choosing music for the ceremony. Our duo was also flexible with the arrangements at the venue the day of the wedding, and they had a great sense for when to switch music and pause during and after the ceremony with little guidance from us. Overall, we would highly recommend Puget Sound Strings!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Jeremy · Married on 06/13/2015

We were able to have Puget Sound Strings play at our wedding this June in Snoqualmie, and could not have been more happy with our choice. Their repertoire is fantastic, and they do provide one arrangement not on their list (as long as you let them know well in advance).

Working with Mitchell was very simple and stress-free, and to be honest, we never had to talk to the lead musician on the day of the ceremony. They worked with our officiant for cues, and were able to set up well in advance. It was nice that they needed minimal guidance, and they performed flawlessly! They added a very special touch to our wedding, and I would recommend this group very highly to anyone looking for a string quartet to play at an event.

Sent on 06/19/2015

Sarah · event on 06/05/2015

I hired Puget Sound Strings to play at a masters program graduation. They played during the ceremony as well as during the reception. I gave only a little guidance for the ceremony music and let them free-play for the reception. BEST IDEA EVER. They played a wide range of music during the reception that was current and recognizable. Making the arrangements with them was easy and stress-free. I would HIGHLY recommend using Puget Sound Strings for any event.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Diana · Married on 04/23/2015

I am not from Seattle, but I was planning a corporate event there and needed a trio for the pre- and post-receptions. Puget Sound Strings was recommended to me by the venue, and I was extremely pleased. The pre-planning was wonderful and I was put at ease knowing I was in great hands. The musicians were also able to be flexible as we needed them to begin earlier as originally planned. The musicians were prompt, professional, and played wonderfully. I am very pleased with everything and hope to have the opportunity to work with PSS again soon!

Sent on 05/11/2015
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 09/20/2014

I hired a string duo through Mitchell at Puget Sound Strings. Mitchell was easy to reach via phone and email. He was responsive, organized and professional. Everything ran smooth from them showing up on time, to the quality of music. Everyone complimented the music. I highly recommend Puget Sound Strings.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/20/2014

The Puget String Quartet was fabulous! They made our wedding day ceremony music absolutely amazing. It was truly a memorable day and their music made it absolutely magical. We highly recommend Puget Sound Strings to other couples look for a talented group of artists.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Kendra · Married on 08/16/2014

Puget Sound Strings was the perfect choice for our wedding. They played beautifully and were exactly what we were looking for to enhance our special day.

Sent on 09/09/2014

Randy · Married on 08/09/2014

We couldn't be more pleased with our experience with Puget Sound Strings. They performed at our outdoor ceremony and reception. We saw them playing at the Seattle Wedding Expo in Jan '14 and reached out to them via email. They provided a wide ranging play list from which to choose selections. Their contract allowed for one additional selection at no additional cost. I took them up on the opportunity. We managed all correspondence through email which included a relocation from one spot to an adjoining spot as well as an interruption for our introduction. They communicated their needs for an outdoor venue as well as the relocation which allowed me to ensure everything went smoothly. They played beautifully and looked like they were having as much fun playing as I was listening to them.

Sent on 08/12/2014

Mitchell from Puget Sound Strings was so easy to work with from the very first email. We had a piano and cello duo play during our wedding ceremony. Our wedding was during a Catholic Mass and Puget Sound Strings was also able to play music during the parts of the mass that needed piano accompaniment! All I had to do was send over the sheet music. Puget Sound Strings made the whole process so easy and stress free! And of course, the music itself was wonderful during the ceremony. We chose a mix of a few modern pop songs during the prelude and more classical wedding songs during the ceremony. My new husband and I were even commenting on the fantastic music while we were up on the alter. We would highly recommend Puget Sound Strings!

Sent on 08/13/2014