7326 Robert Ln, Falls Church, VA 22042 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Princeps Studio

The photographer:

Havar Espedal.

I was born in Seoul South Korea and was adopted to Stavanger, Norway when I was 3 years old. I studied art in Norway but not photography. My dad taught me photography when I was 9 and grew up with a basement darkroom.

I taught adult classes for Fairfax county in VA and also freelanced for a decade. I love all kinds of photography! It's all about capturing the essence of life and the world we live in. I believe that you should be able to "feel" a photo, and that's the kind of photography I strive to do.

I shoot anything from portraits, commercial for promotional material, nature, food, travel, editorial, fashion, children and weddings.

All photos are taken by Havar Espedal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Makeup Artist:

Sharon Macorol

Sharon moved from the Philippines when she was 15. Studied photography but developed a passion for makeup. She is a Bobbi Brown expert and a published makeup artist with experience from fashion to weddings.

She is super friendly and she always takes the time to learn about the clients wants and needs.

Follow Princeps Studio on

MS438resizeresize
2267375672729c916425o

2 Reviews for Princeps Studio

Anna · Married on 07/11/2015

We worked with this company for both our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. I couldn't have been happier. Their service was impeccable! My then-fiance and I were looking for a local photographer who not only took amazing candid shots, but we were also interested in more artistic, almost "fashion-esque" shots. We also had some crazy ideas for some fun engagement pictures involving holi powder, which is a colored powder used at festivals and color-runs, as well. Havar and his team did not fail to provide us with everything we imagined.
    For our engagement pictures, we took a bunch of pictures around the grounds of an old field and stone house. Havar did an amazing job of finding perfect angles, perfect lighting, great backdrops, and even dealt with my crazy dog. Christian, who was working with Havar that day, was also wonderful and took some brilliant photos and kept my dog highly entertained. Alone, they are incredible, highly recommended photographers. As a team, they are unstoppable.
    For our holi-powder shots, we found an open field at the top of a hill. They were very patient and had some great GREAT ideas for fun poses. ALL of our photos turned out beautifully! They got our images back to us very very quickly, quicker than we had expected, which was a lovely surprise.
    For our wedding day, Havar arrived on site early, and Christian soon followed. It seemed as if they were everywhere taking pictures of everything that day. I feel like they didn't miss a moment! They have wonderful personalities and are always excited about all the moments surrounding them! We received all the un-edited photographs in less than a week! I couldn't believe it! We still have to go through all the un-edited photographs to choose our favorites and have them post-processed.
    We have already contacted them about a potential "trash the dress" session and couldn't be more excited. I would (and already have) refer them to anyone! Such a delight!

Sent on 07/21/2015

Teresa · Married on 05/10/2014

Havar is not only an extremely talented photographer, he is professional, punctual, and friendly. We hired Havar to do our engagement and wedding photos and he gave us some of the most beautiful photos we've ever seen. He has a great eye for detail and has given us photos that we will continue to cherish for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 03/16/2015

Princeps Studio Pricing

Princeps Studio Price Rates

Princeps Studio FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files, Negatives, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,400.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Negatives, Proofs
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards

• 7326 Robert Ln Falls Church, 22042 See on map