16 East University Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32601 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Prange's Florist

In 1991, Joan Prange thought to build a business designing wedding decor for brides using plants, lighting and drapings. It was beautifully done. A friend told her to expand into wedding florals, saying that she did a "nice job" with flowers. The rest is history. For over 20 years, Prange’s Plantscapes and Florist has brought joy to brides with their distinctive bouquets and wedding decor. Bringing a background in Botany and Horticulture to the mix, designers often flavor their creations with distinctive blooms and greens, both native and exotic. From the classic tradition of white on white, to today’s hot trends with organic greens and taupes, or deep rich ruby and pinot noir shading, wedding colors are determined by your preferences, but then enhanced by textural combinations to the great delight of our brides.

As for a fine gem, at Prange’s we take dreams and budgets and meld them, creating beautiful settings for all of our beautiful brides...we just love weddings!

Wechsler Weinreb 0597
Richly colored roses grace her bouquet.
Shimmering wedding at the Historic Thomas Center.
Shimmering wedding at the Historic Thomas Center.
Delightful, colorful and distinctive tropical blooms are combined with traditional English gaarden...
Anemones, peonies and other garden blooms grace this bride's bouquet.
Anemones, peonies and other garden blooms grace this bride's bouquet.
Candlelight white hydrangea, open cut creamy calla lilies and ruby cymbidium orchids contrast...
Reception at Adena G & CC

54 Reviews for Prange's Florist

• Savannah

Savannah Enix · Married on 03/14/2020

Better than a dream

Prange's was hired for my wedding on March 14th in Gainesville, FL. Joan was fabulous to work with! After searching high and low for someone to help fit in our limited budget, she came swooping in saving the day. Because both my spouse and I are military stationed outside of Gainesville, she was able to help us create everything we wanted via email and phone consultations. I had the standard bouquets and boutonnieres and wanted very simple single flowers on my tables. She was able to help me by allowing me to bring in the vases, and build them on site the day before my wedding. She was prompt on delivery day and the bouquets were better than I could have imagined. Everyone loved the flowers and I can not recommend them enough.

Sent on 05/06/2020

Prange's Florist's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. We aim to please!

Joan Prange
    352-335-0100
  • Natasha and Roger Weddding Day

Natasha · Married on 12/14/2019

Beautifully

My flowers were beautiful please contact this company if you looking for amazing flowers.

Sent on 08/22/2020

Prange's Florist's reply:

Thank you so much! You were and are an amazing bride! We were honored to be a part of your incredible wedding!

Joan Prange
  • Sasha

Sasha Camenker · Married on 11/02/2019

Joan of Arc

Joan is one of those people who is a real straight shooter. She speaks her mind and does quality work. When I first went to her asking about an iris bouquet, she educated me about how temperamental they are, and encouraged me to order a delphinium and white stock boutonniere for my husband so the iris wouldn't wilt half-way through the ceremony. She took a few half-baked Pinterest pictures and turned them into the most beautiful and Shakespearean-looking flower crown I have ever seen, light as a feather but stunning and radiant. I felt like a princess in it. Additionally, she made beautiful bouquets for my bridesmaids and I, with blue hydrangea and delphiniums and iris and stock, and it took my breath away. Lightweight, yet full of color. The weather and temperature outside cooperated so the flowers and iris boutonniere didn't wilt one bit, but I know Joan weaved her magic into every chlorophyll cell. She even gave me $50 cash for being a teacher. That type of integrity is rare these days. If you want an honest, hard-working, creative, visionary florist who has really affordable prices, delivers, and has a pet llama, this is your girl.

Sent on 11/04/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Prange's Florist FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet?
    $ 174.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet?
    $ 55.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere?
    $ 9.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)?
    $ 65.00
    $ 200.00
    $ 1521
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services?
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Set Up
  • How would you describe your floral designs?
    Classic
    Romantic
    Rustic
    Tropical
    Vintage
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Set Up
    Venue Visit
    Wholesale/Bulk
  • What types of arrangements do you provide?
    Aisle Decor
    Non-Floral
    Single Flowers

1 Real Wedding

• A'vie Events Wedding Planners

Prange's has some of the most beautiful flowers! We love working with this group of talented florists!!

• Sweet Serendipity Photography Wedding Photographers

Prange's Florist never ceases to amaze me with their absolutely brilliant floral creations. Whenever I see a bride is using Prange's for their florals I know that I am in for a real treat!

• KB Kakes, LLC Wedding Cakes

I love working with Prange's Florist!!!! I NEVER worry about the flowers, they have been perfect every time! The quality of the flowers and the quality of their work are impeccable!!!!

• 16 East University Avenue Gainesville, 32601 See on map
    Location of (Prange's Florist)