16 East University Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32601 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Prange's Florist

In 1991, Joan Prange thought to build a business designing wedding decor for brides using plants, lighting and drapings. It was beautifully done. A friend told her to expand into wedding florals, saying that she did a "nice job" with flowers. The rest is history. For over 20 years, Prange’s Plantscapes and Florist has brought joy to brides with their distinctive bouquets and wedding decor. Bringing a background in Botany and Horticulture to the mix, designers often flavor their creations with distinctive blooms and greens, both native and exotic. From the classic tradition of white on white, to today’s hot trends with organic greens and taupes, or deep rich ruby and pinot noir shading, wedding colors are determined by your preferences, but then enhanced by textural combinations to the great delight of our brides.

As for a fine gem, at Prange’s we take dreams and budgets and meld them, creating beautiful settings for all of our beautiful brides...we just love weddings!

Wechsler Weinreb 0597
Richly colored roses grace her bouquet.
Shimmering wedding at the Historic Thomas Center.
Shimmering wedding at the Historic Thomas Center.
Delightful, colorful and distinctive tropical blooms are combined with traditional English gaarden...
Anemones, peonies and other garden blooms grace this bride's bouquet.
Anemones, peonies and other garden blooms grace this bride's bouquet.
Candlelight white hydrangea, open cut creamy calla lilies and ruby cymbidium orchids contrast...
Reception at Adena G & CC

Prange's Florist 5
Prange's Florist 6
Prange's Florist 7

Kimberley Harmon · Married on 06/22/2019

Wonderful, Helpful, Beautiful Blooms!

Joan was very creative and helped bring my vision to life. She was very kind, helpful, and patient as we brainstormed through ideas for my wedding flowers! I appreciated her open-mindedness and willingness to work with my ideas! I highly recommend this florist! Thank you Joan! 💙

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 06/09/2019

Top Notch Florist

Joan Prange is a fantastic and caring business owner that actually cares about what she does...and her work proves it. I cannot be more grateful for how beautiful and smooth it was to work with her. My flowers were radiant and her service was incredibly accommodating for my needs. Could not recommend her enough.

Sent on 07/14/2019
    Prange's Florist 8

Kristen · Married on 05/12/2018

Joan Prange was amazing to work with. She knew exactly how to execute my vision of modern-eclectic, tropical-inspired, greenery-focused wedding florals, and she nailed it! I also loved how hands-on she was - she would sketch ideas during our meetings and met with us to help coordinate the construction of our DIY ceremony backdrop that she attached greenery to. Joan was also very accommodating - she met with me and took my phone calls on more than one occasion, even when she was busy with other things at that moment and searched high and low for a particular flower we had wanted and of course found it for us. She also impressed me by knowing the species name of basically every flower on the planet so I knew then that she is top-notch. If you are looking for a florist in the Gainesville area, I would highly recommend Prange's!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Prange's Florist FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet? $ 174.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet? $ 55.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere? $ 9.00
  • Typically, what can a customer expect to pay for your wedding floral services? $ 1,521.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services? Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit, Wholesale/Bulk

Real Weddings

• A'vie Events
    A'vie Events Wedding Planners

Prange's has some of the most beautiful flowers! We love working with this group of talented florists!!

• Sweet Serendipity Photography
    Sweet Serendipity Photography Wedding Photographers

Prange's Florist never ceases to amaze me with their absolutely brilliant floral creations. Whenever I see a bride is using Prange's for their florals I know that I am in for a real treat!

• KB Kakes, LLC
    KB Kakes, LLC Wedding Cakes

I love working with Prange's Florist!!!! I NEVER worry about the flowers, they have been perfect every time! The quality of the flowers and the quality of their work are impeccable!!!!

• 16 East University Avenue Gainesville, 32601 See on map