Prange's Florist

16 East University Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32601 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Prange's Florist

In 1991, Joan Prange thought to build a business designing wedding decor for brides using plants, lighting and drapings. It was beautifully done. A friend told her to expand into wedding florals, saying that she did a "nice job" with flowers. The rest is history. For over 20 years, Prange's Plantscapes and Florist has brought joy to brides with their distinctive bouquets and wedding decor. Bringing a background in Botany and Horticulture to the mix, designers often flavor their creations with distinctive blooms and greens, both native and exotic. From the classic tradition of white on white, to today's hot trends with organic greens and taupes, or deep rich ruby and pinot noir shading, wedding colors are determined by your preferences, but then enhanced by textural combinations to the great delight of our brides.

As for a fine gem, at Prange's we take dreams and budgets and meld them, creating beautiful settings for all of our beautiful brides...we just love weddings!

Candlelight white hydrangea, open cut creamy calla lilies and ruby cymbidium orchids contrast...
Shimmering wedding at the Historic Thomas Center.
delightful, colorful and distinctive tropical blooms are combined with traditional English gaarden...
Anemones, peonies and other garden blooms grace this bride's bouquet.
Anemones, peonies and other garden blooms grace this bride's bouquet.

• Real Weddings 3

Prange's Florist 5
Prange's Florist 6
Prange's Florist 7

Kristen · Married on 05/12/2018

Joan Prange was amazing to work with. She knew exactly how to execute my vision of modern-eclectic, tropical-inspired, greenery-focused wedding florals, and she nailed it! I also loved how hands-on she was - she would sketch ideas during our meetings and met with us to help coordinate the construction of our DIY ceremony backdrop that she attached greenery to. Joan was also very accommodating - she met with me and took my phone calls on more than one occasion, even when she was busy with other things at that moment and searched high and low for a particular flower we had wanted and of course found it for us. She also impressed me by knowing the species name of basically every flower on the planet so I knew then that she is top-notch. If you are looking for a florist in the Gainesville area, I would highly recommend Prange's!

Prange's Florist 8
    Prange's Florist 9
    Prange's Florist 10
    Prange's Florist 11

Hannah · Married on 04/22/2018

After meeting with several florists before Prange, I was blown away by their genuine desire to see our vision for our wedding decor. The owner, Joan Prange was amazing to work with! She listened carefully to every detail and gave us a reasonable, straight forward cost for each item we needed. She was even kind enough to teach us how to make one of our own decorations so that we could make it affordable on our grad-student budget.

Photo Credit: Tiffany Danielle Photography

Prange's Florist 12
    Prange's Florist 13

Robin · Married on 02/03/2018

Prange's was great to work with! They did an amazing job on our wedding in the Ocala National Forest! The flowers were beautiful and exactly as we envisioned! On the day of, they were even flexible enough to change out some last minute flowers. Highly recommend!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Prange's Florist FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet? $ 174.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet? $ 55.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere? $ 9.00
  • Typically, what can a customer expect to pay for your wedding floral services? $ 1,521.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services? Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit, Wholesale/Bulk

Real Weddings

• A'vie Events
    A'vie Events Wedding Planners

Prange's has some of the most beautiful flowers! We love working with this group of talented florists!!

• Sweet Serendipity Photography
    Sweet Serendipity Photography Wedding Photographers

Prange's Florist never ceases to amaze me with their absolutely brilliant floral creations. Whenever I see a bride is using Prange's for their florals I know that I am in for a real treat!

• KB Kakes, LLC
    KB Kakes, LLC Wedding Cakes

I love working with Prange's Florist!!!! I NEVER worry about the flowers, they have been perfect every time! The quality of the flowers and the quality of their work are impeccable!!!!

• 16 East University Avenue Gainesville, FL 32601 See on map