Prange's Florist Reviews

Prange's Florist 5
Prange's Florist 6
Prange's Florist 7

Kristen · Married on 05/12/2018

Joan Prange was amazing to work with. She knew exactly how to execute my vision of modern-eclectic, tropical-inspired, greenery-focused wedding florals, and she nailed it! I also loved how hands-on she was - she would sketch ideas during our meetings and met with us to help coordinate the construction of our DIY ceremony backdrop that she attached greenery to. Joan was also very accommodating - she met with me and took my phone calls on more than one occasion, even when she was busy with other things at that moment and searched high and low for a particular flower we had wanted and of course found it for us. She also impressed me by knowing the species name of basically every flower on the planet so I knew then that she is top-notch. If you are looking for a florist in the Gainesville area, I would highly recommend Prange's!

Prange's Florist 8
    Prange's Florist 9
    Prange's Florist 10
    Prange's Florist 11

Hannah · Married on 04/22/2018

After meeting with several florists before Prange, I was blown away by their genuine desire to see our vision for our wedding decor. The owner, Joan Prange was amazing to work with! She listened carefully to every detail and gave us a reasonable, straight forward cost for each item we needed. She was even kind enough to teach us how to make one of our own decorations so that we could make it affordable on our grad-student budget.

Photo Credit: Tiffany Danielle Photography

Prange's Florist 12
    Prange's Florist 13

Robin · Married on 02/03/2018

Prange's was great to work with! They did an amazing job on our wedding in the Ocala National Forest! The flowers were beautiful and exactly as we envisioned! On the day of, they were even flexible enough to change out some last minute flowers. Highly recommend!

Drucilla · Married on 01/06/2018

All I did was show Joan my wedding colors and tell her the ideas I had in mind, and she knew exactly how to make it a reality. I was beyond impressed with her work! She is a must have!

michelle · Married on 11/19/2017

Reasonable prices, amazing service Would definitely recommend!

Jennifer · Married on 11/18/2017

We loved working with Joan! Both my husband and I got a good feel from her. We went in to the meeting with ideas already in mind. She wrote down every flower in the picture I showed her and guessed that my now husband would want something "weird" and fun. Her attention to detail is amazing and I loved loved loved my bouquet and other flowers! The colors were bold and beautiful just like I wanted. Joan is amazing.

Prange's Florist 14
  • I

Ivy · Married on 11/04/2017

Joan Prange is creative, delightful, and has beauitful taste! We called her a month before our wedding and asked if she could decorate our wedding--which she didn't hesitate to do. It turned out more magical and beautiful than we could have imagined! There were white roses, ivy's vines, and mixtures of white flowers draping all over the inside of the house and outside. I can't thank her enough! My wedding bouquet was one for the book! --She created and ivy vine and white rose arrangement that went all the way to the ground! So grateful for everything she did! Highly Recommend!

Prange's Florist 15

Donavaun · Married on 04/21/2017

Joan was such a blessing to my fiancé and I. She made our event over the top gorgeous. Joan is extremely inventive and she made our arrangements custom, my fiancé and I wanted a modern flare and we wanted stunning arrangements. She drew out sketches for us, held our hand the entire way.The room was dripping in white tulips and Calla lilies. The arrangements were breath taking, and what she did to the altar I am still trying to process, it was magic.

Katie · Married on 09/24/2016

Joan is the best! She truly helped bring my vision to life and everything, from the centerpieces, to the boutonnieres, to my incredible bridal bouquet, turned out better than I could have imagined. She was so easy to work with and I sincerely appreciate how patient she was with me as we were deciding on the exact flowers, colors and textures for my bouquet. Joan even delivered our flowers to the wedding venue the morning of our wedding - by the time I arrived at the venue, everything was set up perfectly, just as I had imagined. She truly went above and beyond, and I am so grateful we hired her! If you are looking for a great local florist in Gainesville for your wedding day, I cannot recommend Joan Prange enough!

Jessica · Married on 12/19/2015

Joan is amazing! She has years of experience in the wedding business and she knows how to help brides bring their floral visions to life. Joan has so many creative ideas and she also has so many resources. She worked with our limited budget and didn't treat us any differently. Joan is a kind, helpful and happy woman. It was a joy to work with her! When you meet with her, bring photos for inspiration as that will definitely help you communicate your vision. Joan will be able to recognize every flower and greenery in the photos that you show. She really is impressive with her knowledge and her talents. On our wedding day, she delivered the flowers right on time and hung our garland at a separate location for us. Joan goes out of her way to serve her couples and to ensure their floral details are perfect. She was such a blessing to work with! Thank you, Joan!

• F

Frederick · Married on 07/18/2015

Prange's was very helpful. She was a pleasure to work with. We used fake flowers for the bridesmaid bouquets. She wrapped them and offered to put some baby's breath in them. My bouquet was absolutely stunning. I had pink garden roses. She did a beautiful job.

Jenn · Married on 05/29/2015

Joan is so sweet and incredibly helpful! I wasn't sure of exactly what I wanted. I explained my theme and colors to her and she brought out a few flowers to show me to help me visualize. She was so patient and really took her time with me, even though I wasn't having a big wedding at all. Between the info she gathered from me at the consultation and her skills, she created the most beautiful bouquet and flowers for my reception. The flowers far exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Joan and Prange's Florist for your wedding and reception!

Joan was such a wonderful help, she had so many ideas for me which was great because I was not 100% sure of what I wanted except for the type of flower. You can truly tell she loves her job and she LOVES weddings and it really makes you feel so comfortable using her for your wedding! I had a pearl necklace that belonged to my mother in laws grandmother and when Joan brought my flowers she even went the extra step to secure the necklace to my bouquet!

Absolutely the BEST! SO helpful, willing to work with all of our ideas and added to them to make them beautiful and perfect! Friendly and personal, and very budget friendly. Great knowledge of wedding venues in Gainesville!

Carol · Married on 11/08/2014

Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful bouquet! Joan also did a fabulous job on decorating our ceremony area!

• F

Frances · Married on 10/25/2014

Joan did an amazing job with all the flowers- they looked amazing and my stargazers smelled amazing. all the girls bouquets held up very well. I couldn't be more pleased and I don't have one negative thing to say about the whole experience. ***Please note: I tried NOT to review flexibility or value because my flowers were a gift paid for by a relative, but it brought Prange's overall rating down to a level I felt was unfair, so I gave her five stars. In actuality, I cannot comment on her value or her flexibility except to say that my aunt thought her prices appropriate and she seemed very nice.****

Lillian · Married on 09/20/2014

Joan did a wonderful job with the flowers. I came in with absolutely no idea what I wanted, and she helped maneuver my tastes and preferences and delivered tenfold. She was professional, assertive, as well as kind and gentle. She made all deliveries on time, and even noticed extra tables than we had notified her of at the venue and lent 5 of her own vases to ensure the venue looked wonderful. I recommend this florist, she was incredibly knowledgeable and professional!

Jenny · Married on 08/09/2014

Our wedding flowers were absolutely beautiful!!! Perfect in every way, and Joan was an absolute joy to work with.

Debbie · Married on 03/16/2013

Joan was wonderful - from the first time we sat down with her to begin the floral planning she was most helpful. She is very knowledgeable about the whole wedding scene it Gainesville and that was extremely helpful. She went above and beyond to be certain the wedding went off without a hitch - including helping us iron wrinkled bridesmaid dresses just before the ceremony. She is the BEST! Oh and the flowers were Beautiful too!!!! I would highly recommend using her for your wedding (or any other floral needs).

Ashlee · Married on 12/22/2012

Joan was absolutely amazing! She is so incredibly helpful and talented. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted, so I gave her a general idea and she created something beautiful! I also really appreciated that she didn't try to push me to buy more expensive arrangements. She appreciated my budget and really listened to me. She is very personable and friendly.

Amy · Married on 11/17/2012

Joan with Prange's Florist was simply wonderful! We hired her for our November wedding, and she delivered more than we could ever expect or hope for. I came to Joan within weeks of our wedding and it was such a relief that she understood exactly what I wanted, despite my limited 'technical' knowledge of flowers. She is able to so quickly and effortlessly create a total package that fits any style and price range for the experience you wish to have. She was professional and accommodating - we couldn't have been more pleased with our overall experience. Joan even created a last-minute corsage we had forgotten the morning of our wedding at no charge. If you are looking for a reliable and affordable florist with lots of knowledge and experience, the best choice in the Gainesville area is Prange's Florist, simply put. I would highly recommend them for any of your floral needs. Thank you Joan for helping to make our wedding day so beautiful, and a day that we will always remember!

Sent on 11/29/2012

Prange's Florist's reply:

Thanks Amy! Joan Prange Prange's Florist

Dena · Married on 11/10/2012

When I went in to Prange’s Florist, I really didn’t know exactly what I wanted for my bouquet and my fiancé’s boutonniere. We had a Gator wedding, so our colors were orange and blue. I thought I wanted orange gerbera daisies and some type of lily I saw online. When I met with Joan, she was able to come up with the perfect bouquet by offering her extensive knowledge and experience. She suggested I add blue hydrangeas (which gave the blue without being too much) and knew the perfect flowers to use that would stand up to the day and to my fiancé. She was easy to work with and the prices were extremely reasonable considering the quality of the product. The arrangements she created were more beautiful than we could have hoped for and they looked amazing in the photos, too.

Amanda · Married on 10/12/2012

I put my entire trust into Joan for everything and I am thankful I did! She did an AMAZING job with the flowers.. my entire wedding was perfect.. she fit my "enchanted garden" theme PERFECTLY... there are not that many florists that you can say.. these are my colors, this is my theme and my budget, suprise me! It was beautiful! She and her staff are extremely professional and I would recommend her to ANYONE with Any budget! She is an artist with a kind heart and I am thankful to have been able to have her be a part of my special day! Joan THANK YOU for EVERYTHING! <3

I used Joan Prange as my florist and was VERY pleased with her work. She is a flower expert and is also familiar with all the venues in town, and was able to offer some guidance on certain aspects for me. I am not very knowledgeable about flowers but I did have an idea of what I was looking for. The pictures that I brought as inspiration were actually very expensive. Joan recreated those bouquets with similar, less-expensive flowers and I liked them even more than the pictures! When I first saw my bouquet, I couldn't believe how beautiful and perfect it was. She also did fresh flowers on our wedding cake and it looked gorgeous. My bouquet and our cake are two of my favorite elements from our wedding day. Thanks Prange's Florist!

• Mike

Mike · Married on 05/20/2012

Joan did a fantastic job making the perfect look for our ceremony and reception. She had amazing ideas and followed through making amazing arrangements! We absolutely loved the way everything turned out!