Prange's Florist Reviews

53 Reviews for Prange's Florist

• Savannah

Savannah Enix · Married on 03/14/2020

Better than a dream

Prange's was hired for my wedding on March 14th in Gainesville, FL. Joan was fabulous to work with! After searching high and low for someone to help fit in our limited budget, she came swooping in saving the day. Because both my spouse and I are military stationed outside of Gainesville, she was able to help us create everything we wanted via email and phone consultations. I had the standard bouquets and boutonnieres and wanted very simple single flowers on my tables. She was able to help me by allowing me to bring in the vases, and build them on site the day before my wedding. She was prompt on delivery day and the bouquets were better than I could have imagined. Everyone loved the flowers and I can not recommend them enough.

Sent on 05/06/2020

Prange's Florist's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. We aim to please!

Joan Prange
    Prange's Florist
    352-335-0100
  • Sasha

Sasha Camenker · Married on 11/02/2019

Joan of Arc

Joan is one of those people who is a real straight shooter. She speaks her mind and does quality work. When I first went to her asking about an iris bouquet, she educated me about how temperamental they are, and encouraged me to order a delphinium and white stock boutonniere for my husband so the iris wouldn't wilt half-way through the ceremony. She took a few half-baked Pinterest pictures and turned them into the most beautiful and Shakespearean-looking flower crown I have ever seen, light as a feather but stunning and radiant. I felt like a princess in it. Additionally, she made beautiful bouquets for my bridesmaids and I, with blue hydrangea and delphiniums and iris and stock, and it took my breath away. Lightweight, yet full of color. The weather and temperature outside cooperated so the flowers and iris boutonniere didn't wilt one bit, but I know Joan weaved her magic into every chlorophyll cell. She even gave me $50 cash for being a teacher. That type of integrity is rare these days. If you want an honest, hard-working, creative, visionary florist who has really affordable prices, delivers, and has a pet llama, this is your girl.

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/25/2019

Joan will Fulfill your Wedding Vision

I hired Joan as a florist for my wedding on October 25th at Sweetwater Branch in Gainesville. Prange’s Florist was the most affordable florist I could find in the area and her work is outstanding and beautiful. She did bouquets for my bridesmaids and myself, corsages for mothers, boutonnieres for the men, centerpieces, cake flowers, and flowers for the ceremony colonnade. She stayed within my budget while attaining the look I had imagined for my wedding flowers. She is reliable and dependable. She can help you with suggestions because she is very experienced. I am so happy with how the flowers turned out for my wedding and I would 100% recommend Prange’s Florist for your wedding day!

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • Tatyana

Tatyana Kimble · Married on 09/29/2019

Loved my flowers!

I was originially planning on doing DIY flowers for my wedding but, I am so happy I went with Prange's. They were so helpful during the initial phone call. When I saw my flowers they were perfect, exactly what I dreamed they would be and I can only thank the florist. It was also completely within budget they really help you get what you want!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Kimberley Harmon · Married on 06/22/2019

Wonderful, Helpful, Beautiful Blooms!

Joan was very creative and helped bring my vision to life. She was very kind, helpful, and patient as we brainstormed through ideas for my wedding flowers! I appreciated her open-mindedness and willingness to work with my ideas! I highly recommend this florist! Thank you Joan! 💙

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 06/09/2019

Top Notch Florist

Joan Prange is a fantastic and caring business owner that actually cares about what she does...and her work proves it. I cannot be more grateful for how beautiful and smooth it was to work with her. My flowers were radiant and her service was incredibly accommodating for my needs. Could not recommend her enough.

Sent on 07/14/2019

Kristen · Married on 05/12/2018

Joan Prange was amazing to work with. She knew exactly how to execute my vision of modern-eclectic, tropical-inspired, greenery-focused wedding florals, and she nailed it! I also loved how hands-on she was - she would sketch ideas during our meetings and met with us to help coordinate the construction of our DIY ceremony backdrop that she attached greenery to. Joan was also very accommodating - she met with me and took my phone calls on more than one occasion, even when she was busy with other things at that moment and searched high and low for a particular flower we had wanted and of course found it for us. She also impressed me by knowing the species name of basically every flower on the planet so I knew then that she is top-notch. If you are looking for a florist in the Gainesville area, I would highly recommend Prange's!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Hannah · Married on 04/22/2018

After meeting with several florists before Prange, I was blown away by their genuine desire to see our vision for our wedding decor. The owner, Joan Prange was amazing to work with! She listened carefully to every detail and gave us a reasonable, straight forward cost for each item we needed. She was even kind enough to teach us how to make one of our own decorations so that we could make it affordable on our grad-student budget.

Photo Credit: Tiffany Danielle Photography

Sent on 09/10/2018

Robin · Married on 02/03/2018

Prange's was great to work with! They did an amazing job on our wedding in the Ocala National Forest! The flowers were beautiful and exactly as we envisioned! On the day of, they were even flexible enough to change out some last minute flowers. Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Drucilla · Married on 01/06/2018

All I did was show Joan my wedding colors and tell her the ideas I had in mind, and she knew exactly how to make it a reality. I was beyond impressed with her work! She is a must have!

Sent on 01/11/2018

michelle · Married on 11/19/2017

Reasonable prices, amazing service Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Jennifer · Married on 11/18/2017

We loved working with Joan! Both my husband and I got a good feel from her. We went in to the meeting with ideas already in mind. She wrote down every flower in the picture I showed her and guessed that my now husband would want something "weird" and fun. Her attention to detail is amazing and I loved loved loved my bouquet and other flowers! The colors were bold and beautiful just like I wanted. Joan is amazing.

Sent on 12/15/2017
  • I

Ivy · Married on 11/04/2017

Joan Prange is creative, delightful, and has beauitful taste! We called her a month before our wedding and asked if she could decorate our wedding--which she didn't hesitate to do. It turned out more magical and beautiful than we could have imagined! There were white roses, ivy's vines, and mixtures of white flowers draping all over the inside of the house and outside. I can't thank her enough! My wedding bouquet was one for the book! --She created and ivy vine and white rose arrangement that went all the way to the ground! So grateful for everything she did! Highly Recommend!

Sent on 01/30/2018

Donavaun · Married on 04/21/2017

Joan was such a blessing to my fiancé and I. She made our event over the top gorgeous. Joan is extremely inventive and she made our arrangements custom, my fiancé and I wanted a modern flare and we wanted stunning arrangements. She drew out sketches for us, held our hand the entire way.The room was dripping in white tulips and Calla lilies. The arrangements were breath taking, and what she did to the altar I am still trying to process, it was magic.

Sent on 05/02/2017

Katie · Married on 09/24/2016

Joan is the best! She truly helped bring my vision to life and everything, from the centerpieces, to the boutonnieres, to my incredible bridal bouquet, turned out better than I could have imagined. She was so easy to work with and I sincerely appreciate how patient she was with me as we were deciding on the exact flowers, colors and textures for my bouquet. Joan even delivered our flowers to the wedding venue the morning of our wedding - by the time I arrived at the venue, everything was set up perfectly, just as I had imagined. She truly went above and beyond, and I am so grateful we hired her! If you are looking for a great local florist in Gainesville for your wedding day, I cannot recommend Joan Prange enough!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Jessica · Married on 12/19/2015

Joan is amazing! She has years of experience in the wedding business and she knows how to help brides bring their floral visions to life. Joan has so many creative ideas and she also has so many resources. She worked with our limited budget and didn't treat us any differently. Joan is a kind, helpful and happy woman. It was a joy to work with her! When you meet with her, bring photos for inspiration as that will definitely help you communicate your vision. Joan will be able to recognize every flower and greenery in the photos that you show. She really is impressive with her knowledge and her talents. On our wedding day, she delivered the flowers right on time and hung our garland at a separate location for us. Joan goes out of her way to serve her couples and to ensure their floral details are perfect. She was such a blessing to work with! Thank you, Joan!

Sent on 03/23/2016
  • F

Frederick · Married on 07/18/2015

Prange's was very helpful. She was a pleasure to work with. We used fake flowers for the bridesmaid bouquets. She wrapped them and offered to put some baby's breath in them. My bouquet was absolutely stunning. I had pink garden roses. She did a beautiful job.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Jenn · Married on 05/29/2015

Joan is so sweet and incredibly helpful! I wasn't sure of exactly what I wanted. I explained my theme and colors to her and she brought out a few flowers to show me to help me visualize. She was so patient and really took her time with me, even though I wasn't having a big wedding at all. Between the info she gathered from me at the consultation and her skills, she created the most beautiful bouquet and flowers for my reception. The flowers far exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Joan and Prange's Florist for your wedding and reception!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Joan was such a wonderful help, she had so many ideas for me which was great because I was not 100% sure of what I wanted except for the type of flower. You can truly tell she loves her job and she LOVES weddings and it really makes you feel so comfortable using her for your wedding! I had a pearl necklace that belonged to my mother in laws grandmother and when Joan brought my flowers she even went the extra step to secure the necklace to my bouquet!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Absolutely the BEST! SO helpful, willing to work with all of our ideas and added to them to make them beautiful and perfect! Friendly and personal, and very budget friendly. Great knowledge of wedding venues in Gainesville!

Sent on 01/15/2015

Carol · Married on 11/08/2014

Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful bouquet! Joan also did a fabulous job on decorating our ceremony area!

Sent on 11/16/2014
  • F

Frances · Married on 10/25/2014

Joan did an amazing job with all the flowers- they looked amazing and my stargazers smelled amazing. all the girls bouquets held up very well. I couldn't be more pleased and I don't have one negative thing to say about the whole experience. ***Please note: I tried NOT to review flexibility or value because my flowers were a gift paid for by a relative, but it brought Prange's overall rating down to a level I felt was unfair, so I gave her five stars. In actuality, I cannot comment on her value or her flexibility except to say that my aunt thought her prices appropriate and she seemed very nice.****

Sent on 11/09/2014

Lillian · Married on 09/20/2014

Joan did a wonderful job with the flowers. I came in with absolutely no idea what I wanted, and she helped maneuver my tastes and preferences and delivered tenfold. She was professional, assertive, as well as kind and gentle. She made all deliveries on time, and even noticed extra tables than we had notified her of at the venue and lent 5 of her own vases to ensure the venue looked wonderful. I recommend this florist, she was incredibly knowledgeable and professional!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Jenny · Married on 08/09/2014

Our wedding flowers were absolutely beautiful!!! Perfect in every way, and Joan was an absolute joy to work with.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Debbie · Married on 03/16/2013

Joan was wonderful - from the first time we sat down with her to begin the floral planning she was most helpful. She is very knowledgeable about the whole wedding scene it Gainesville and that was extremely helpful. She went above and beyond to be certain the wedding went off without a hitch - including helping us iron wrinkled bridesmaid dresses just before the ceremony. She is the BEST! Oh and the flowers were Beautiful too!!!! I would highly recommend using her for your wedding (or any other floral needs).

Sent on 04/07/2013