911 Kingsley Street, Asbury Park, NJ 07712 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 20 to 250
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing

About Porta

For those looking for a beautiful, unconventional space for their wedding, Porta's Abbot Room easily transforms its indoor and outdoor spaces into the magical setting you envision for your special day.

Porta's communal tables and family style dining are the perfect way to celebrate the union of your love. Our food is unparalleled: we boast an Excellent rating from the New York Times and a top rating from Zagat. And don't forget the dancing. At Porta, you can't help but eat, drink, and dance the night away.

Make your wedding a party to remember by inviting your guests to Porta, a destination restaurant in one of Travel + Leisure's top ten beach towns in the country, located just one block away from the beach and the iconic Asbury Park boardwalk.

Eat, drink, and be married!

abbot outside area
20 2015bride and groom under lights 1 jpg
2015 apcocktailhourmonk jpg
2015monkcocktailhour jpg
Porta
abbot table in front of duck
Porta
abbot table in front of fox
Porta
abbot table set for wedding
Porta
abbot wedding set up under lights jpg
engelken wr 4 2 16 b g dip on dancefloor
Porta
monk room for ceremony from front jpg
nutella pie and sweets

Porta 6
Porta 7

Melissa · Married on 08/03/2018

Porta is perfect!

We LOVED Porta as our wedding venue! Food, dancing, celebrating our love with loved ones and capturing it all was what was most important to us (and doing it without putting us in serious debt). We had our photographer, videographer, our friend officiated, we brought in local donuts from Purple Glaze to add to our dessert options, we used their house DJ, DJ Za who was amazing. We had a sweetheart cake for ourselves, and did a lot of DIY.

Not only were we left happy with our experience but guests (friends and close family... no obligatory invites), continue to tell us it's the best wedding they've ever been a guest at. Which is something people don't typically say if they don't mean it. I truly feel this is mostly attributed to the venue. We still get texts from friends/family who were guests who had never been to Porta saying, "We're back at Porta to eat!" That's how delicious the food is.

Porta will assist with planning, we already had a vision so for us it was getting approval. Chandler was our coordinator and she rocked. She answered our questions and we never had to hunt her down. Cocktail hour first was amazing (Friday at the shore, before the ceremony... I highly recommend this - and for every wedding), were are so happy we were able to do that. The wedding had to end a bit earlier than most since the room is turned into a club after but we had a rooftop afterparty at The Asbury Hotel and ended up at the diner after. All walking distance.

We had SO MUCH fun! And we found that what we were left with were the memories of how much fun we had which just really put the stamp of approval on our decisions. The space, the food, the staff... all amazing. I highly recommend!

Sent on 01/28/2019
    Porta 8
    Porta 9
    Porta 10

Sharon · Married on 06/24/2017

I can't say enough about Porta, and neither can my wedding guests! We hosted our wedding here in late June and it was the pizza party to end all pizza parties. The food was great, the drinks were strong and the in house event coordinator, Chandler, made all of my ridiculous requests happen. I asked for A LOT and Chandler was kind and accommodating throughout everything- from confetti cannons to my elaborate table decor, she took care of it all!

You can keep looking for a venue- but if you are looking to have a true party I PROMISE you will not find a better place or a better value. Both the Abbot and Monk rooms have a lot of decor, the space includes a tables, chairs, dinnerware, a full staff (including a coordinator), private event entrance and outdoor space, private event bathroom and an existing sound system! The food and drink packages were amazing and included a range of options to fit all of your guests' dietary concerns- vegetarian, GF etc. We took SO many leftovers with us to our after party but they were just too delicious, it was gone by the end of the night! On top of all of that, the staff was professional and responsive (I cannot stress enough how responsiveness is key when booking a wedding vendor, yet so hard to find!!!) They put up with my numerous bridezilla emails, probably spent a couple of hours setting up my 2 car loads of decor and allowed me to bring in a 14 foot spread of homemade cookies. On they day of, they navigated through any of the small and large hiccups with ease. We had falling flowers, an ambulance called and some crashers- the team took care of it all! Chandler even went the extra mile and helped me find a private space to change in to my second gown for night.

The only downside was that we had to end the party at 9 PM- but, hey, there are so many places to continue the party nearby! You should probably just book Porta now before someone else takes your date!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Jaimie · Married on 11/13/2016

I have always dreamed of getting married at Porta and my dream became reality on 11-13-16. Lots of planning and preparation went into this important day. When I walked into my reception room on my Wedding Day I was overcome with happiness. It was like everything we had discussed just fell into place. Everything looked amazing and the FOOD was to die for - as usual!!! I worked with Amy Floss throughout my entire wedding process and she was truly awesome. She always answered my questions in a timely manner, she gave great advice, she eased my nerves, and she was always open to new ideas. I would have been lost without her. She also recommended some pretty cool people to help make my day even better (i.e., bakery, florist, parking, etc.) PORTA was everything I thought it would be and more. If you are into the Porta vibe and are thinking about getting married here, YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD!!!!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Award

Porta Pricing

Porta Price Rates

Porta FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, China, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting, Dessert, Server(s)
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 20.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 250
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 20
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 2
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Banquet Hall, Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Decor, Lighting, Photo booth
  • What food and beverage items are available? Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware
  • What transportation and access is available? Wheelchair Access