Cincinnati, OH 45206 Map · Phone number

About Pistachio Press

The Press
Pistachio Press was officially launched during the summer of 2007. Founded by Rachael Hetzel, the press had been functioning informally since 2003 when Rachael drove to Ohio to buy her first letterpress. Since then, she has accumulated several thousand pounds of equipment. Her printmaking background has helped to fuel her passion for paper and ink as well as equipment and design. In 2010 Rachael's husband Jake Massey joined the press full-time. Pistachio Press now prints fine stationery, social invitations and limited edition prints. Rachael and Jake reside in Rochester, New York with their three dogs.

About our Eco Practices
Pistachio Press is committed to using environmentally conscious studio practices. We use rubber-based inks and biodegradable citrus-based solvents for press clean-up. We print on 100% tree-free cotton papers or recycled papers that contain at least 30% post-consumer waste and we either re-use or recycle our office and shipping supplies.

Naming the Press
Pistachio Press was born on a NYC subway in the summer of 2007. Rachael had been trying to decide on a press name with a bit of alliteration. After a round of brainstorming, a friend jokingly suggested Pistachio Press (since the plane they flew in on had offered pistachio biscotti) and the name clicked!

Follow Pistachio Press on

Other couples have also viewed

• The Printed Hand Studio
tile250px
Jenkins2

7 Reviews for Pistachio Press

Claudia · Married on 11/01/2014

My daughter's wedding is being held at a lovely, historic inn in the desert southwest and she wanted invitations that reflected the spirit of the location. She found Pistachio Press' Mexican Tile wedding invitations on Etsy. She contacted them and they immediately sent a variety of lovely samples. We were able to create a completely original design that my daughter absolutely loved. We weren't sure Pistachio Press could duplicate the design but their immediate response was "absolutely!" I was a bit concerned, at first, ordering the invitations from a company so far away, but Jake and Rachael communicated with us on such a regular basis that my apprehensions were quickly laid to rest. When I realized that I needed the invitations shipped to us slightly sooner than originally planned, Jake and Rachael did everything they could do to accommodate my schedule. The entire process from beginning to end was an absolute pleasure and I can't begin to express how thrilled we are with the final product. These are exquisitely lovely unique invitations that perfectly reflect the essence of the wedding. Upon mailing them to our wedding guests, we immediately heard from many of them, commenting on how beautiful the invitations are. I cannot recommend Pistachio Press highly enough. If I could give them more stars I would!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Meghan · Married on 05/11/2013

Pistachio Press is one of those rare gems that happen to be local AND amazing.

Rachael and Jake were a pleasure to work with and were very key in helping us set the tone
    of the big day, with our wedding invitations.

We look forward to working with them again!

Sent on 05/26/2013

Cara · Married on 04/26/2013

Living in Perth, Western Australia I was pretty excited to find Pistachio Press on Etsy as letterpress is fairly limited locally. Jake & Rachael made the Mexican Tile invite in a custom colour (which turned out incredible) for me in a very tight time frame. The invites are just beautiful and I couldn't be happier with the service and quick communication. I posted them out today so I can't wait to hear all the fantastic feedback I am sure they will receive :)

Sent on 03/04/2013

• Cincinnati, 45206 See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (Pistachio Press)