Spartanburg, SC 29301 Map · Phone number

About Picket Fence Portraits

Hello beautiful people!

Official Website: picketfenceportraits.webs.com
Blog: http://www.picketfenceportraits.blogspot.com
Also located on MySpace & FaceBook!

I am an on-location, natural light photographer. My style is natural, fun & expressive portraiture without the formal posing. My sessions are fun & relaxed. My goal is to capture the true character of each individual. I'm not going to lie to you, I enjoy photographing fmailies, children & couples more than I do weddings. Weddings are just stressful! BUT if I am hired to photograph a wedding, I put all I do into your special day.

I have been photographing events for about 10 years now. I took photography in high school, as well as being on the yearbook staff. After I graduated high school, I went to college for a few photography classes, and earned two certificates in Photography and Business of Photography. I also worked at Picture People in Westgate Mall (located in Spartanburg, SC) for about 2 years to get experience working with customers. After leaving Picture People, I started photographing events in my spare time. I photographed my first wedding in August of 2007. I do not have a studio, therefore all sessions are on-location. Sessions can be done in your home, yard, local park, or I have various locations to choose from.

My "style" is modern, fun & fresh without the traditional posing. I'm a photojournalist. I specialize in maternity, children, families, and senior grads, but also photograph weddings. When I photograph an event, I do it with raw emotion. I try to put myself into the person's position I'm photographing. What if that were MY child I was photographing? What if I were the mother of the bride I'm photographing? That makes it more personable for me.
I was born on Valentine's Day & I've been love-bitten ever since! I look for the "fairytale" in every way of life. Daydreaming is my specialty. Sometimes, that's how I come up with my best shots. Actually, that's where the idea for the name "Picket Fence Portraits" comes from. Imagine daydreaming about the perfect little house for a perfect family, with the little white picket fence out front. The "picket fence" way of life. Since I can remember, I have committed myself to preserving that love & emotion. An expecting mother. Mother & child. Husband & wife. Just the thought of the love & bond between those loving icons gives me chills! Love is the universal language! It is known around the world.
When you're in love, at times it's sensual, funny, romantic. It can be stupid, but always meaningful. That's how I shoot. Photographs don't have to be the traditional point, smile, shoot method. Show your true self. Your true feelings. The emotion of life itself.

I hope this gives you some insight as to who I am.

Follow Picket Fence Portraits on

00008280002011
be2a9e6ae6c5a0d1 1291293261755 000082750009

2 Reviews for Picket Fence Portraits

Hannah · Married on 11/06/2010

Amanda is a great photographer! She did an awesome job shooting our engagements, bridals, and wedding! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/13/2010

Amanda · Married on 07/02/2011

She did an exceptional job at my wedding the pictures turned out fantastic!!! She is an excellent choice and will make you more than happy with the job she does!!

Sent on 08/05/2011

Picket Fence Portraits FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Digital Files

• Spartanburg, 29301 See on map
    Available evenings & weekends. Contact me for availability.