Washington, DC 20009 Map · Phone number

About Photos from the Harty

Hi! We're Photos from the Harty!

Photos from the Harty specializes in wedding, event, and lifestyle photography. Though we are based in DC, we have photographed weddings and events all over the United States—and beyond. We tell the story of any event or wedding by capturing even the tiniest, yet immensely important, moment, rather than staging everything to seem "perfect." We believe that the raw moments in life are already perfect, and we strive to capture those things happening in real time instead of re-creating those moments for a photograph.

We've learned a lot from capturing and being a part of all types of special moments, especially weddings. One thing has really stuck with us:

It’s not only important to love your pictures - it’s also essential to like your photographers!

You will spend more time with us on your wedding day - or during any photo session - than anyone else. We’ll be there to help you through anything that may arise, we love to laugh, and we believe that making people happy is one of the best feelings in the world.

So, keep reading to get to know us better. If you like what you read and like what you see, please reach out to us. We look forward to meeting you!

Meet the Photos from the Harty Team!

Sara, Founder + Photographer

• I grew up in the country; I love living in the city
  • My favorite moments are the ones when I find myself smiling in silence
  • My brother gave me a popcorn maker for my birthday and it might be the best thing I've ever received
  • I shot stills for a horror movie; afterward, I tried to watch it, but was too scared
  • I read multiple books at one time
  • Snow will never lose its luster
  • I love to listen to music while I edit photographs, especially rocking out to the 80's
  • My favorite color is red
  • My best friend and I met when we were six years old
  • I burn everything I put in the toaster; at this point, it's almost a talent
  • I am VERY easily excited

Katie, Lead Photographer

• I live for iced chai lattes and parmesan cheese
  • I grew up in Maryland, live in Virginia, but spend all my time in DC
  • I am a firm believer that one can never have too many fuzzy blankets
  • I was a figure skater for 15 years and have been dancing for 18 years
  • As much as I love experiencing special moments through a lens, I also love setting my camera down every once in a while to experience the beauty of this world.
  • My family and I adopted a dog that was rescued from Hurricane Katrina
  • The most rebellious thing I've ever done was dye a section of my hair purple; it was awesome
  • Traveling is one of my favorite pastimes; this world is gorgeous
  • I walk REALLY fast
  • I pay attention to "little" things. A stranger who holds the door, holds a place in my heart

Chris, Photographer

• I grew up in Texas near Galveston. I've been in the DC area since 2005. No, I'm not moving back; I love having four seasons
  • Mussels, oysters, and Belgian beers are my weakness
  • I got into photography by accident. My wife who bought a camera to take photos of our son
  • I'm really into science and science fiction books
  • My wife would say I'm a perfectionist; I say I am very thorough and organized
  • I like pumpkin beer, coffee, and pies in the Fall
  • Audio books are my secret to dealing with traffic and long road trips
  • I'm a fourth generation Texas A&M Aggie, but went to Indiana University for graduate school
  • I have more shoes than my wife

Now you've met the Photos from the Harty team! If you like what you have seen and like what you've read, contact us. We look forward to meeting you!

Follow Photos from the Harty on

21e165d711985efb 1527706555 a38282d0bc64979e 1527706554119 8 Sarah Ben wedding
2b59b8f648d78fdb 1510935012432 winnykwedding0035
www.photosfromtheharty.com
Photos from the Harty | Event, Wedding, Lifestyle Photography www.photosfromtheharty.com
winnykwedding1054

Photos from the Harty 7
  • Jonathan

Jonathan · Married on 09/02/2018

Gorgeous wedding memories

Photos from the Harty was so awesome. We had originally looked at a bunch of different photographers' websites, and we were drawn to Photos form the Harty because their shots were so colorful and alive, which is how we wanted to be able to remember our day.

Sarah and Katie were super easy to work with, they got to know us, and the result was STUNNING. Their photos captured all the fun, the spirit, and the vibrancy of the wedding day. They were also really fun and positive to be around all day, and they helped out with all things big and small (dress bustling, orchestrating family picture time, etc.). I appreciated that they were flexible with the timing of the day (which got away from us), and that they didn't interfere with the experience of the wedding day by posing us for pictures all night. We would highly recommend Photos from the Harty to other couples.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Megan · Married on 10/08/2017

Sara and Katie are the BEST! I had multiple members of my bridal party, family, and friends tell me how comfortable they felt around the photographers. In addition, they were extremely attentive, totally understood the look we were going for, and made the whole photo experience fun!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Bridget · Married on 09/16/2017

I knew Katie and Sara from high school so it was an easy choice for me. But they exceeded all expectations and were so amazing. They insisted that we meet up and talk before actually booking them to make sure we were a good match. They had the best advice... "You have to spend all day with us so liking us is just as important as how good your photos are". And we had so much fun. My husband and his friends loved doing all of the getting ready pictures too. Another thing you do not think about is how easy it is to get your photos afterwards. They sent out a whopping sneak preview of 80 photos! And then the total amount was 1580 glorious photos. The sharing link is so simple and there is even an app which I love for pulling up photos to show friends from my phone. Everyone at the wedding cannot believe how amazing the photos look. Katie and Sara were so professional, patient with the elders and flexible. They blended right in at the wedding and wore cute dresses and flats. They were running around, climbing up on things for a cool above view and getting so many candids. They honestly amaze me!

Sent on 01/02/2018
    Photos from the Harty 17

Award

Photos from the Harty FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 4,300.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,700.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Film, Natural, Photojournalism, Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits

• Jon Fleming Photography
    Jon Fleming Photography Wedding Photographers

Photos from The Harty is an amazing photography team! They always go above and beyond for their clients and are a pleasure to work with! Highly reccomend!

• Washington, District of Columbia, 20009 See on map
    2026562085 (Phone number)
    4106930024 (Other Phone Number)