Washington, DC 20009 Map · Phone number

About Photos from the Harty

Hi! We're Photos from the Harty!

Photos from the Harty specializes in wedding, event, and lifestyle photography. We are based in DC but have photographed weddings all over the world. Our goal is to tell the story of any event or wedding by capturing even the tiniest, yet immensely important, moments; we believe that the raw moments in life are already perfect, and we strive to capture those things happening in real-time in order to tell the story of your day as it is.

We've learned a lot from capturing and being a part of all types of special moments, especially weddings. One thing that has really stuck with us through the years is that

It’s not only important to love your pictures - you should also love your photographers!

You will spend more time with us on your wedding day than anyone else. We’ll be there to help you through anything that may arise; we love to laugh and we believe that making people happy is one of the best feelings in the world. We're not afraid to crack jokes or tear up during the ceremony; we really invest in knowing you and what makes you happy/beautiful/perfect; more often than not, we bustle the bride's dress, pin boutonnières, fix guests' outfits or hair, and even tie bowties. We want to do whatever it takes to make your wedding day perfect. That's just us! :)

So, keep reading to get to know us better. If you like what you read and like what you see, please reach out to us. We look forward to meeting you!

Meet the Photos from the Harty Team!

Sara, Founder + Photographer

• I grew up in the country; I love living in the city
  • My favorite moments are the ones when I find myself smiling in silence
  • My brother gave me a popcorn maker for my birthday and it might be the best thing I've ever received
  • I shot stills for a horror movie; afterward, I tried to watch it, but was too scared
  • I read multiple books at one time
  • Snow will never lose its luster
  • My favorite color is red
  • My best friend and I met when we were six years old
  • I burn everything I put in the toaster; at this point, it's almost a talent
  • I am VERY easily excited

Katie, Photographer

• I've lived in the DMV my entire life, but have traveled most of the country
  • I am a firm believer that one can never have too many fuzzy blankets
  • My favorite food is parmesan cheese; I will literally spoon feed it to myself or take bites out of it like a mouse
  • I was a figure skater for 15 years and a dancer for 18
  • I was Louise Belcher for Halloween before it was cool
  • Destinations on my travel bucket list are Greece, Hawaii, and Peru
  • If I'm not busy photographing something, I'm probably dog sitting

Chris, Photographer

• I grew up in Texas near Galveston. I've been in the DC area since 2005. No, I'm not moving back; I love having four seasons
  • Mussels, oysters, and Belgian beers are my weakness
  • I got into photography by accident. My wife who bought a camera to take photos of our son
  • I'm really into science and science fiction books
  • My wife would say I'm a perfectionist; I say I am very thorough and organized
  • I like pumpkin beer, coffee, and pies in the Fall
  • Audiobooks are my secret to dealing with traffic and long road trips
  • I'm a fourth-generation Texas A&M Aggie, but went to Indiana University for graduate school
  • I have more shoes than my wife

Now you've met the Photos from the Harty team! If you like what you have seen and like what you've read, contact us. We look forward to meeting you!

Follow Photos from the Harty on

• byDesign Films
  • SamShots Photo & Video
  • Shelly Pate Photography
  • Brad Krivit
21e165d711985efb 1527706555 a38282d0bc64979e 1527706554119 8 Sarah Ben wedding
2b59b8f648d78fdb 1510935012432 winnykwedding0035
www.photosfromtheharty.com
Photos from the Harty | Event, Wedding, Lifestyle Photography www.photosfromtheharty.com
winnykwedding1054

9 Reviews for Photos from the Harty

• Jonathan

Jonathan · Married on 09/02/2018

Gorgeous wedding memories

Photos from the Harty was so awesome. We had originally looked at a bunch of different photographers' websites, and we were drawn to Photos form the Harty because their shots were so colorful and alive, which is how we wanted to be able to remember our day.

Sarah and Katie were super easy to work with, they got to know us, and the result was STUNNING. Their photos captured all the fun, the spirit, and the vibrancy of the wedding day. They were also really fun and positive to be around all day, and they helped out with all things big and small (dress bustling, orchestrating family picture time, etc.). I appreciated that they were flexible with the timing of the day (which got away from us), and that they didn't interfere with the experience of the wedding day by posing us for pictures all night. We would highly recommend Photos from the Harty to other couples.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Megan · Married on 10/08/2017

Sara and Katie are the BEST! I had multiple members of my bridal party, family, and friends tell me how comfortable they felt around the photographers. In addition, they were extremely attentive, totally understood the look we were going for, and made the whole photo experience fun!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Bridget · Married on 09/16/2017

I knew Katie and Sara from high school so it was an easy choice for me. But they exceeded all expectations and were so amazing. They insisted that we meet up and talk before actually booking them to make sure we were a good match. They had the best advice... "You have to spend all day with us so liking us is just as important as how good your photos are". And we had so much fun. My husband and his friends loved doing all of the getting ready pictures too. Another thing you do not think about is how easy it is to get your photos afterwards. They sent out a whopping sneak preview of 80 photos! And then the total amount was 1580 glorious photos. The sharing link is so simple and there is even an app which I love for pulling up photos to show friends from my phone. Everyone at the wedding cannot believe how amazing the photos look. Katie and Sara were so professional, patient with the elders and flexible. They blended right in at the wedding and wore cute dresses and flats. They were running around, climbing up on things for a cool above view and getting so many candids. They honestly amaze me!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Award

Photos from the Harty FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 4200
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Add'l Hours
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 5600
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Film
    Natural
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Custom Graphics
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Second Shooter
    Slideshow
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Prints
    Proofs
    Save the Date

• Jon Fleming Photography Wedding Photographers

Photos from The Harty is an amazing photography team! They always go above and beyond for their clients and are a pleasure to work with! Highly reccomend!

• Washington, District of Columbia, 20009 See on map
    2026562085 (Phone number)
    4106930024 (Other Phone Number)
    Location of (Photos from the Harty)