Photos from the Harty
Hi! We're Photos from the Harty!
Photos from the Harty specializes in wedding, event, and lifestyle photography. We are based in DC but have photographed weddings all over the world. Our goal is to tell the story of any event or wedding by capturing even the tiniest, yet immensely important, moments; we believe that the raw moments in life are already perfect, and we strive to capture those things happening in real-time in order to tell the story of your day as it is.
We've learned a lot from capturing and being a part of all types of special moments, especially weddings. One thing that has really stuck with us through the years is that
It’s not only important to love your pictures - you should also love your photographers!
You will spend more time with us on your wedding day than anyone else. We’ll be there to help you through anything that may arise; we love to laugh and we believe that making people happy is one of the best feelings in the world. We're not afraid to crack jokes or tear up during the ceremony; we really invest in knowing you and what makes you happy/beautiful/perfect; more often than not, we bustle the bride's dress, pin boutonnières, fix guests' outfits or hair, and even tie bowties. We want to do whatever it takes to make your wedding day perfect. That's just us! :)
So, keep reading to get to know us better. If you like what you read and like what you see, please reach out to us. We look forward to meeting you!
Meet the Photos from the Harty Team!
Sara, Founder + Photographer
- I grew up in the country; I love living in the city
- My favorite moments are the ones when I find myself smiling in silence
- My brother gave me a popcorn maker for my birthday and it might be the best thing I've ever received
- I shot stills for a horror movie; afterward, I tried to watch it, but was too scared
- I read multiple books at one time
- Snow will never lose its luster
- My favorite color is red
- My best friend and I met when we were six years old
- I burn everything I put in the toaster; at this point, it's almost a talent
- I am VERY easily excited
- I've lived in the DMV my entire life, but have traveled most of the country
- I am a firm believer that one can never have too many fuzzy blankets
- My favorite food is parmesan cheese; I will literally spoon feed it to myself or take bites out of it like a mouse
- I was a figure skater for 15 years and a dancer for 18
- I was Louise Belcher for Halloween before it was cool
- Destinations on my travel bucket list are Greece, Hawaii, and Peru
- If I'm not busy photographing something, I'm probably dog sitting
- I grew up in Texas near Galveston. I've been in the DC area since 2005. No, I'm not moving back; I love having four seasons
- Mussels, oysters, and Belgian beers are my weakness
- I got into photography by accident. My wife who bought a camera to take photos of our son
- I'm really into science and science fiction books
- My wife would say I'm a perfectionist; I say I am very thorough and organized
- I like pumpkin beer, coffee, and pies in the Fall
- Audiobooks are my secret to dealing with traffic and long road trips
- I'm a fourth-generation Texas A&M Aggie, but went to Indiana University for graduate school
- I have more shoes than my wife
Now you've met the Photos from the Harty team! If you like what you have seen and like what you've read, contact us. We look forward to meeting you!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
Which of the following are included in the starting price?
What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
What primary photographic style do you identify with?
What photography services do you offer?
What photography items do you offer?
Any other questions?Message vendor
9 ReviewsWrite a review
10 User photos
Are you interested?Message vendor
Professional Network & Endorsements1 Endorsement
Photos from The Harty is an amazing photography team! They always go above and beyond for their clients and are a pleasure to work with! Highly reccomend!