Knoxville, TN 37998 Map · Phone number

About Photography by devon

I have many interests, probably to many, that extend in many directions:

• From an amazing cup of coffee to having my wish list include a Burberry Trench Coat.
  • Cheering on one of my favorite Chicago Sports Teams to eating great Sushi.
  • Reading a great Design Magazine to watching a classic B&W Movie.
  • Listening to an inspired Jazz Concert to having a great conversation about building your dream home.

I have been told many times that at our initial meeting I quickly seem like an old friend to my clients. I love talking to my grooms about business and sports and listening to my brides discuss the details of their dream-wedding day.

My name is devon. I can’t wait to meet you!

Follow Photography by devon on

wedding photographer rochester n
wedding photographer knoxville tn marchbanks
IMG8459
wedding photographer knoxville tn wedding mccown 1
Photography by devon
wedding photographer knoxville tn pedigo
wedding photographer knoxville tn godfrey 1
Photography by devon
wedding photographer knoxville tn godfrey
Photography by devon
wedding photographer knoxville tn harvey
wedding photographer knoxville tn marchbanks
Photography by devon
wedding photographer knoxville tn mccown
Photography by devon
wedding photographer knoxville tn reznikov
Photography by devon
wedding photographer knoxville tn sha
wedding photographer knoxville tn weems
wedding photographer knoxville tn weems
wedding photographer rochester n

10 Reviews for Photography by devon

Rebecca · Married on 09/14/2013

Devon Murphy changed my life forever.I know that weddings are always stressful, especially for the bride, but I believe that my wedding was especially nerve-racking, particularly in the photography department.My family & I had picked out the perfect photographer (or so we thought) months before my wedding. We were so excited that we had finally gotten one thing checked off of our Wedding To-Do List. The morning of my bridal portraits, our photographer called my mother &told her that wouldn't be able to take my portraits. That was fine, no professional bridals? No big deal, my mom & I just went & snapped a few ourselves. Later that week, she called again to say that she wouldn't be able to shoot my wedding, at all. This was 2 weeks out from the wedding. Needless to say, I was not so calm this time. After a small panic attack & a lot of prayers, my mom & I went on the search for a new photographer. My mom made a post about our situation on a wedding website & then in steps Devon. He was, of course, the sweetheart that he always is & apologized for our circumstances & was more than willing to help. Devon was truly the answer to our prayers.From our first phone conversation, I was in awe at how professional he was & concerned for my wants for my special day. He was with me every step of the way & made absolute sure that my day went according to plan. He made sure that I had no stress on my wedding day, not just about photographs, but about the wedding as a whole! He truly has an amazing passion & gift for photography & I was beyond blessed to not only have him as my wedding photographer, but also to now call him my friend. My husband and I could not be more pleased about the way that our photographs turned out. Everyone always loves the images, as well as how easy it is to order professional prints directly from his website. He truly captured every detail of our wedding! Devon is just awesome. Two thumbs up, five stars, has down, an amazing guy, photographer & friend.

Courtney Alyssa · Married on 07/13/2013

I first saw and experienced Devon’s work when he photographed my friend’s wedding. I was a bridesmaid, and the photo session was such an easy and effortless process. He gave great direction without ordering us around and still allowed us to have fun and be ourselves. When I saw the photos after the wedding, I was truly blown away. He has a gift for attention to detail and for looking at situations differently than anyone else. As soon as I saw the photos, I knew I wanted (NEEDED!) to work with Devon when my big day came around. A couple of years later, I was lucky enough to do so. I find it really hard to put into words how special the experience was. Devon went out of his way to work with us, because he knew how important it was to me. It was so wonderful to have one aspect of the day that I was not worried about at all! I knew going in that he would take care of everything. Our pictures are so beautiful—I still look at them and am in awe that those rockstars are US!! Devon pours his heart and soul into his work, and the result is more beautiful than you can imagine!

Leah · Married on 10/07/2012

Working with Devon was like working with an old friend. I felt like I had known him for years and he knew exactly what I wanted out of the photos. Devon is more than just a photographer. He strives to build a relationship with his clients and takes the time to learn who you are as a person, and not just what type of photos you want.
    I had first learned about Devon's photography when he came into my workplace. I then followed his blog over the years, without the expectation of ever being able to have such a photographer do work for me. Years later, when I became engaged, he was the first vendor I seeked out. The photography was the most important part of my wedding from day 1, and it was one of the first things I wanted to get lined up. I met with Devon, we hit it off immediately, and I learned that I was able to afford to hire him. He is not ridiculously overpriced like some photographers that I had researched. His prices are comparable for the area, and to me, it was worth the money to capture the emotion that he is able to capture.
    From the first meeting we had, it was clear that Devon was very interested in not only the photos, but my plan for the entire wedding. This is one of the greatest things about him. He genuinely cares about your day, and your wishes. He takes the time to learn the in's and out's of your day so that he can do his part to make it everything you ever imagined.
    Hiring Devon as my wedding photographer led to a relationship that I never would have imagined. Most people that you work with for your wedding just count you as a number, and forget about you when the day is done, but Devon makes it a point to create a friendship. We still get together for coffee and catch up from time to time ;) I not only ended up with great photos from my wedding, but I also ended up with a great friend.

Photography by devon FAQ