Philadelphia Marriott Downtown is a hotel wedding venue located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This hotel wedding venue is situated in the historic Reading Terminal in the heart of downtown Philadelphia making it a convenient and exciting place to host your special event. Philadelphia Marriott Downtown has the capabilities to host all kinds of events including wedding ceremonies, rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, receptions, bridal showers, and much more.
Facilities and Capacity
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown has many different settings for you to utilize on your special day and each space has its own unique features that will add heritage and sophistication to your special event. The Philadelphia Marriott Downtown is home to three different ballrooms that can be rented out for a wedding or other special event. The Independence Ballroom is 2,640 square feet and can host events with up to 280 guests. The Liberty Ballroom is 6,000 square feet and can host events with up to 650 guests and features views overlooking Main Street. Lastly, The Grand Ballroom is 33,000 square feet and can accommodate very large events with up to 4,500 guests and has a balcony that overlooks Market Street. Additionally, since the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown is a hotel, there are plenty of guest suites available so your guests can conveniently stay on-site. With over 1,400 guest suites, you will not have to worry about finding places for your out of town guests to stay.
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown has a certified wedding planners who are available to help make sure your event is expertly executed. These wedding planners have ample experience hosting and executing a wide range of events of varying styles, themes, and sizes. Philadelphia Marriott Downtown also offers on-site catering services for events. These catering services offer many different packages and serving styles such as banquet, plated, and stations. This venue can supply all the tables, chairs, linens, tableware, barware, flatware, and silverware needer for your special event.
28 Reviews for Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Recommended by 91% of couples
1 User photo
Ali · Married on 11/09/2019
Amazing wedding experience at marriott
My wedding on 9/28/19 was the most amazing time because of the Marriott! Barbara was our sales woman and was amazing to work with. She explained all the details and showed us where the event would be held. Once we booked, she even offered us free flyers tickets in a box! It was the best time!
Gerard Mendoza was our Wedding Planner & he was the most incredible person! He catered to our every need, was always quick to respond to any questions we had. We wanted to make a lot of changes to the food and other things and Gerard made it happen. He made the whole day stress free for us. He even got little gifts for our flower girl & ring bearer and was pretty much taking care of them throughout the night. Everything looked beautiful and turned out amazing! Gerard gave us the suite for an extra night and provided transportation for our honeymoon as well. He goes above and beyond and is simply amazing at what he does! I would put my full trust in him for any event. I cannot thank Gerard and the Marriott enough for making my wedding the day I have always dreamed about!Sent on 10/16/2019
Solomon Jose · Married on 12/01/2018
Great place to celebrate your special event. My guests had a lot of fun. Thank youSent on 01/25/2019
Ashley · Married on 10/20/2018
Amazing experience at the Marriott!!
My groom and I had an incredible experience with our 10/20/18 wedding at the Marriott. I wrote a small novel to share our experience but I wished there were more reviews when I booked the Marriott so I hope this helps! Here are a few of the major areas where we had a great experience with the Marriott team.Sent on 11/07/2018
* Intros / Contract – We started the process with Barbara Bruck who gave us our tour, after which she treated us to a drink and apps at the lobby rest ‘13’. She was very accommodating during the process and stayed in touch but was not pushy. She also provided a detailed folder of information with menus, and floor plans of event space and guest rooms which I used up through the event to help with planning.
* Planner Assignment – after working with Barbara, Gerard Mendoza was assigned as our day of coordinator. He was AMAZING from the beginning – immediately started off very personable, responsive to all requests, and I never had to keep pushing on any specifics (he just remembered and got it done). He was on vacation out of the country the week prior to our event but was still responsive to questions, and his team was able to help me through questions in his absence. Once the event was over – we genuinely missed Gerard since we got so used to talking to and emailing him for the past 10 months! He also made a huge impression on our parents, and even our bridal party, who consistently said he was extremely helpful, friendly, never stressed, and provided any day of request without hesitation.
* Pricing – One of the most attractive points of the Marriott is the package that they offer and the all inclusive rates for tax/gratuity. It was an extremely reasonable cost especially for Center City Philadelphia. Gerard also threw in a handful of extras beyond what our package stated which was a huge treat.
* Accommodations – a huge benefit of the Marriott is the amount of rooms that were provided as part of the package. I (bride) was given a VP Suite starting Friday evening and was used for bridal prep the day of wedding and sleep the night of. This was a 3 bay room with a full dining room, living room, kitchen, powder room, and then a standard bedroom with huge bathroom. More than enough space for 3 makeup artists, 6 girls, bride, moms, and a few others that hung out during the day. See pics for a few of the VP suite. The groom was given his own room for Friday night which was attached to a “grooms suite” which was a cool wood paneled room for groomsmen prep, as well as storage for all of our DIY items. Our parents were upgraded to Marquis Suite rooms (living room area, small kitchenette, bed/bath). The other point is we had multiple requests for locations of other guests’ rooms – to ask that they be near parent rooms/etc to accommodate children. Gerard did a great job accommodating all of these requests which was extremely helpful for our parents. He also guaranteed late checkout for us, and allowed us to have the groomsmen suite/storage room through Monday so we had enough time to pack up and remove all of our decorations. This was a really stress free part of the process and I can’t imagine having to have planned all of this with an independent hotel if we had chosen a venue without a hotel attached.
* Food – we had heard great things about the food prior to our event, and we were glad we heard correctly! First the tasting is amazing – come hungry! Lots of apps of your choice, plus you get a healthy tasting of each of the entrée options. When it came time to pick our selections, Gerard was very generous and threw in a few extra app options since we had too many favorites. As for the day of, we had no complaints on the food – the guests loved all of the options at cocktail hour. There were multiple servers walking apps, there was hand passed champagne and wine, and the pasta station was a hit. We really loved the soup/salad combo for the appetizer which was unique and the guests said it was delicious. The entrees were great - Gerard forced me to eat dinner (thank you!) and the filet was so tender and a very generous size. They were also very accommodating to food allergies – we had a few GF plates which were no problem, and a couple major milk/nut allergies and they were very keen on cross contamination. As for the bars, we worked with them on bar placement to make sure we had enough bartenders per guests, and I had multiple compliments on the signature drink and lack of long lines to get a cocktail.
* Extras – Gerard isn’t just the Marriott “do-er” – he helps with so many other things, here are just a few of the extras that he provided to us throughout the process:
- Uplighting – he provided a deal on uplighting through the in-house vendor which saved us hundreds of $$ after obtaining independent quotes from other vendors, and it looked amazing the night of.
- Meals – we met multiple times over lunch at ‘13’ and was always covered – even the day before the wedding, the groom grabbed lunch with a couple friends – Gerard popped in and saw, and made sure the entire meal was covered.
- Welcome Reception – prior to our Rehearsal at the church, Gerard organized a 1 hour cocktail reception with wine/beer/cheese – which was so nice for family/friends to congregate before our walk to church which was also just provided by the Marriott
- Pre-Cocktail Hour Reception – additionally the day of, we had a private bridal party only cocktail reception with wine/beer and all of the passed apps for cocktail hour – gave us an opportunity to take a breath and EAT prior to mingling with all of the guests
- Room Treats – Gerard made sure all of the parents had drinks waiting in their rooms based on their taste, and cheese plates on Friday to have a mid day snack. He even made sure that a few of our friends who had just flown in had drinks sent up to their room. Beyond that, we had choco covered strawberries and full coffee/drink service the day of the wedding. They even brought some cake to my room so I could enjoy it the next day since I didn’t have time the night of
- Setup/Help – I had a handful of DIY items I brought – Gerard’s team helped to setup the day of, and pack up after the reception. The also made sure all some things I didn’t want lost (champagne flutes, cake cutters) were delivered to room with the cards/gifts and other valuable items.
* Staff/Service– overall, the staff was amazing, from all of the servers the night of, to even the staff at the lobby restaurant ‘13’. The night of, they had one server dedicated by table (we had 23 tables) and they were able to get plates cleared quickly and have food put on the tables quick. My MIL worked in catering for years and was quite impressed, which reinforced my thoughts that they did an amazing job in that regard.
* Overall – we were extremely pleased with our experience at the Marriott and would recommend it to anyone – especially working with Gerard!! We had a family party 2 weeks post wedding and still had people gushing over how amazing everything was - wish we could do it again!
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown's reply:WOW Ashley, thank you so much for your wonderful review! We at the Marriott can't thank you enough for your confidence in our hotel to make your wedding dreams a reality. Congratulations and thank you for writing on Wedding Wire your experience!
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown Price Rates
great center city location. Great staff very easy to work with