OCM Event Space

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
Up to 300 guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
Up to 300 guests

Located in Detroit, Michigan, OCM Event Space is a rooftop wedding venue. It sits on top of One Campus Martius on the 16th floor and offers views of the city’s downtown area. Loved ones visiting the city from out of town might appreciate its convenient city-center location. Coleman A. Young International Airport is just a short drive away, while there are countless hotels and places to stay overnight nearby. Across the street, Campus Martius Park offers trees and fountains for a classically beautiful backdrop to your wedding photos. This space is managed by Bedrock Events.

Facilities and Capacity

OCM Event Space offers 7,800 square feet of highly versatile space where you can hold your wedding celebrations. Here, 350 guests can fit comfortably for both a banquet and a strolling reception. This space can be divided into three smaller rooms, should you be planning a more intimate celebration. A pre-function area sits just outside this room and is equal in size to the main space. It is well-suited to cocktail receptions and food stations, ensuring you and your guests have plenty of space to mingle. For fresh air, you are invited to explore the 5,500 square-foot outdoor wraparound terrace. From here, you can take in the views of the city’s business district, lending an air of vibrancy to events held here. The terrace can accommodate up to 250 guests.

The main function room at OCM Event Space is fully fitted with high-end audio-visual equipment that can enhance your celebration throughout the day. This is enhanced by high acoustic walls and ceilings, for crystal clear audio. The space is fully furnished and contains removable stages, making more space for guests or dancing. The terrace features built-in bars, for convenient champagne toasts wherever you might be. This venue’s managing company looks after bar service, making the wedding planning process easier. They are happy to provide a list of catering companies they recommend, to inspire your choices.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$7,950

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$7,950

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$7,950

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$7,950

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Chairs
Clean Up
Glassware
Lighting/Sound
Set Up
Tables

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$22

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

House Beer
House Liquor
House Wine
Open Bar
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Rooftop

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Bar Services
Clean Up
Event Rentals
Get Ready Rooms
Lighting / Sound
Preferred Vendors Only
Set Up
Wifi

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Audio Equipment
Chairs
Furniture
Lighting
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
Glassware

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
December

• Sharon
    Sharon S. Married on 07/31/2021

Rehearsal Dinner

I booked this space for my rehearsal dinner and we were absolutely blown away. Our coordinator Connie went above and beyond and was always available to help with any questions we had. We loved showing the space off to our friends. There is a great view of the city. As well as we love the a/v and set up. The space is so beautiful and you are in the best hands with their amazing staff. This would also be a great wedding venue or conference space for a work event! 10/10 highly recommend.

OCM Event Space's reply:

Sharon! Thank you so much for the kind review! We loved hosting you and your loved ones and are so happy you were able to enjoy the venue.
    Jordan Married on 06/27/2021

Out of towner dinner

OCM event space was incredible. Spacious, beautiful, and has an amazing view of the city. I’d highly recommend this venue for anyone having a large party or event.

OCM Event Space's reply:

Congratulations again, Jordan. We appreciate you hosting an event with us and hope you and Samuel are well!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Pricing

Team

Julie Glenn
Julie Glenn
Director, Event Venues Team

As Director of the Event Venues Team, I have the pleasure of working alongside the most talented and dedicated Venue Sales and Facilities Technicians around. Our team is laser focused on creating unparalleled experiences for our clients and event guests alike. A little about me: After graduating from Michigan State University (Go Green!), I relocated to South Florida to kickstart my career in the hospitality industry where I worked as an Event Manager for a Destination Management Company. I soon took notice of the remarkable progress happening in downtown Detroit and made my way back home to manage Bedrock’s portfolio of venues. My top three standout moments over the past several years include 1) Hosting my dream wedding atop the Madison Building rooftop, 2) Becoming a Mom to my beautiful daughter Mya and 3) Contributing to the growth and success of our incredible event venues. There is nothing more rewarding than helping others create memories that will last a lifetime!

Brittany Burns
Brittany Burns
Event Venues Team Coordinator

Hi there! I am Brittany Burns! I am a graduate from Michigan State University where I received my Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Business with a focus in Event Planning. I began my professional career out of college with an amazing opportunity working in New York for the New York Yankees. Yes, I know, unpopular opinion but I do love baseball. I was able to kick start this passion of events in the city that never sleeps, and boy was it awesome. Once I moved back to the mitten, I started my journey on the Bedrock Event Team and I can’t believe it’s already been 2 years. I thoroughly enjoy planning events of all kinds but one of my favorites would be weddings. There’s just something about a bride and grooms’ big day that gets me so excited! When I am not assisting with your event you can catch me on the sidelines dancing as the Detroit Lions Cheerleader or coaching a high school dance team.

Lyn Gleasure
Lyn Gleasure
Senior Event Sales Manager

My ideal world would be one filled with rescue cats & dogs, lots of chocolate (especially if peanut butter is mixed in), and the ability to teleport myself to amazing destinations around the world. Throw in some spectacular corporate events and I’m the happiest gal in Detroit! I started managing events over 20 years ago at Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC while also teaching Event Management at Duke University. Along the way I earned my CMP and CPCE designations. One of my favorite events was working with the over 40 national political leaders on a multi-day conference. Talk about a lot of moving parts & endless security meetings! I’ve been back in my home state of Michigan for nearly 4 years and just love it. I am a co-founder of the Detroit Events Council and am active as a national committee member in NACE. In my spare time, I volunteer at the Detroit Zoo hanging out with the penguins and polar bears.

• Event Source
    Rating 4.9 out of 5 , 11 Reviews
    · Wedding Rentals
  • Event Theory
    Rating 5.0 out of 5 , 3 Reviews
    · Wedding Rentals

One Campus Martius Detroit, MI, 48226
(313) 373-8720
Location of (OCM Event Space)

Other vendors in Detroit for your wedding

Wedding Venues