Seattle Officiant and Humanist Celebrant, Frank Harlan is the preferred Officiant of Nontheist, Humanist, Nones and other Non-Religious couples who have choosen to put their faith in a life-long partnership based in mutual love and devotion.
Frank performs Weddings for Straight, Gay, Lesbian, Transgender and Queer couples, and has long been an advocate of Marriage Equality. From Processional to Recessional Frank will script, choreograph and direct your wedding ceremony so that you can manage your nerves and be the best you can be on one of the most significant days of your lives as a couple.
Before you read any further, please scroll up and Click Through my Slide Show of Wedding Ceremony Photos.
RE: Client Reviews
"Please understand that every wedding is different. Every couple’s expectations of their wedding are different. And, everyone who performs weddings is different too. So, I encourage all couples to search out and find a person that they are comfortable working with -- a person that they can relate to, and make a connection with -- an Officiant they believe can help get them create a meaningful wedding ceremony, and get them through one of the most exciting, nerve-racking and wonderful days ever.
For me, being a Wedding Officiant isn’t a popularity contest or some kind of competition. Being the “Best Of” any website’s anything has never been a goal of mine. From what I have read, most couples appear to be very happy with the person they chose to perform their wedding. Every person who performs weddings is providing a unique service based on their experience, their concepts and your wishes."
Currently booking wedding productions through 2020 -- more info at humanistcelebrant.us -- read through Frank's Feedback and the FAQ Page, then if you think he may be a good match for you and your partner, send an email, and include your phone number, wedding date and wedding venue.
As an experienced and full-time professional Officiant, having produced and performed hundreds of weddings. I'm happy to quote a fee over the phone when we speak. Wedding Ceremony production fees range from $575-$900 and include a ceremony rehearsal and a travel allowance. Elopement Weddings (up to 8 guests) a little less.
PLANNING A DESTINATION WEDDING?
If the intention is to bring your wedding party, family, and friends to a unique Pacific Northwest destination location, Frank encourages you to plan as far in advance as possible. Skype, Face Time, Email and the Phone make it easy to plan your wedding day celebration with him in Washington or any other state.
Other couples have also viewed:
Recommended by 97% of couples
Craig · Married on 06/24/2017
We could not say enough positive things about Mr. Frank Harlan. He asked questions early on, about 3 months out, and gradually fine tuned a script that we telephonically reviewed about a week out from the wedding. Not one of our 30+ guests had felt he was in any way the wrong man for the job. He was flexible on the day of the wedding, even moving off script and adjusting the routine, on the fly. We had him from about 1 pm until nearly 8 pm. He was and is worth every penny of his fees. We would recommend this officiant for nearly every type of wedding.Sent on 07/03/2017
Duncan · Married on 08/13/2016
Frank was awesome. He was so confident in his ability to make sure our service was special that it relieved tons of our planning anxiety. He definitely delivered on that confidence! He choreographed a dual-language ceremony and incorporated two families that had only met once before the ceremony. He took all of our requests and ideas for the service and turned them into a cohesive and emotional experience for us and our guests. Thank you so much Frank!Sent on 03/04/2017
Kate · Married on 03/21/2015
Frank did an *amazing* job as the officiant at our wedding (March 2015).Sent on 04/01/2015
Here's a few things we loved about working with Frank:
- When we first met with Frank he took over an hour to clearly and completely explain his approach to weddings. He showed us his (very detailed) script and walked us through his wedding philosophy. It was reassuring to see how well-planned Frank's ceremonies are.
- We wanted a non-religious ceremony that wasn't just the usual script without the word 'God' in it. Frank created a meaningful, moving ceremony based on who we are that was in no means generic. It was very special and we got a lot of compliments from guests on how they had never seen anything like it, how much they enjoyed it, and how much it reflected us.
- Frank is really thoughtful and considered when creating his script. He thinks about how to include the audience (via their participation) and how to arrange the wedding party so the guests can see them (and the photographers get great photos). We had several guests tell us afterward how much they appreciated being included in the call-and-response parts and how this reflected their own traditions.
- Frank was encouraging and supportive throughout; I wanted to leave some traditions behind but wasn't sure and he helped me make the right decisions.
- Frank made the ceremony a real celebration! Not only was it moving, but it was fun and had humorous touches.
If you are looking for a secular, customized ceremony unique to you, Frank is the guy to get!