4405 1st Pl NE, Washington, DC 20003 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Nick Welsh Photography

Hello there. Thanks for stopping by my corner of the world! My name is Nick and I've been a photographer for the better part of a decade. I find that I'm happiest when the camera is in front of me. I've been an artist for as long as I can remember. My natural inclination is to create. I've been seen documenting everything from food to events to news to travel photography.

A bit about myself. I'm a midwest guy from Ohio. I currently live in Washington, DC with my wife and my 4-year-old boxer, Duke. I love food, music (I play drums and guitar), and traveling as much as I can! I also love extra legroom on airplanes. In my dreams, if I wasn't a photographer, I'd be playing drums for John Mayer. Either that or running a food truck making (and definitely eating) lots of tacos and chips and salsa.

But enough about me. Let's talk about you! You're probably here because you have something or someone that you'd like photos of, so let's collaborate and see what works best for you. Just click the "contact" link to get in touch with me. I'm also on Instagram, so hopefully I can provide you some inspiration. Give me a follow and some likes.

Looking forward to my next project with you. Let's make something together.

FAQ

How would you describe your style?

I'm definitely a laid-back photographer. I like to photograph those real, candid moments as they happen, and I prefer natural light. My goal is to capture the beauty of life and the in-between moments that too often go over-looked.

How long does it usually take to get my photos?

Depends. If it's a large endeavor, like a wedding, typically 4-6 weeks. For something smaller, like an engagement shoot, probably a week. I do my best to make sure there is a fast turn-around time. I know how exciting it can be to see what photos were made. Believe me, I can't wait to get them to you! But I also want to take the time to ensure that you receive the best possible images.

Can I use the photos on Facebook?

Absolutely! All I ask is that the photo is not cropped, filtered, or altered in any way. I put a lot of work into the finished product.

What should we wear to our engagement session?

I have created a few Pinterest boards for inspiration for the ladies, as well as the fellas. This is simply meant for inspiration, not copying. Sometimes it can be daunting to decide what to wear. Shoot me a message and I'll send you the links to the Pinterest boards. People tell me I have good style. I got you.

What do you shoot with?

Typically I'm armed with a Canon 5D Mark III (x's 2), a Canon 24mm f1.4 L, Canon 35mm f1.4 L, Canon 50mm f1.2 L, Canon 135mm f2 L, Canon 70-200 f2.8 L, a few strobes, lots of memory cards, and batteries. For travel, I usually have my Fuji X100S around my neck. If you're a photographer and would like to know more about what's in my bag, shoot me a message.

Can I get the RAW files?

Unfortunately, no. The best way I believe to describe "why" is this: When we eat out at a restaurant, we don't usually ask the chef for raw, unprepared food, do we? Photos are no different. The picture taking process doesn't stop after the camera shutter snaps. Afterwards, I spend a lot of time culling images and editing them to make sure they're at their absolute finest. Don't worry. The images I send you will be the best I can deliver.

Are you looking for second shooters?

Always. Shoot me a message and we'll chat.

What if you didn't answer my question here?

Shoot me an email and I'll be all over it.

Photographer
Nicholas Welsh
www.nickwelshphotography.com
nickwelshphotography@gmail.com

Follow Nick Welsh Photography on

Other couples have also viewed

• KB Visual
Bad ass bridesmaids
Bad ass bridesmaids
Bride groom laughing
Bride groom laughing
Rings on leaves with rain.
Rings on leaves with rain.
Groom with groomsmen
Bridesmaids enjoying jokes.
Bridesmaids enjoying jokes.
Bride dress shot.
Bride dress shot.
Bride & Groom under tree.
Bride & Groom under tree.
Newly married couple!
Newly married couple!
Engaged couple cherry blossoms
Engaged couple cherry blossoms
Bride & Groom under a tree.
Bride & Groom under a tree.
Engaged couple National Harbor
Engaged couple National Harbor
Engaged couple with flowers.
Engaged couple with flowers.
Engaged couple in DC.
Engaged couple in DC.
Henna hands of a bride.
Henna hands of a bride.
Bride & Groom in the fall.
Bride & Groom in the fall.
Engaged couple Georgetown.
Engaged couple Georgetown.
Bridesmaids DC.
Bridesmaids DC.
Bride & Groom Air Force.
Bride & Groom Air Force.
Bride & Groom under veil.
Bride & Groom under veil.
Engaged couple under tree.
Engaged couple under tree.
Flower couple.
Flower couple.
Couple a dogs!
Couple a dogs!
Black & White vintage couple.
Black & White vintage couple.
sh7a8383nickwelshphotography2017 51 145165 159622616147276

10 Reviews for Nick Welsh Photography

• Gabriel

Gabriel L. · Married on 01/17/2020

Excellent Photographer

Nick was incredible from start to finish. The engagement shoot was great and a moment for him to gauge how to shoot during the wedding. He was relaxed and chill and was great at capturing the best scenes. The engagement photos and wedding day photos turned out great with fantastic lighting and editing. We now have a great set of photos to remember our day! To top it all off he was on time, creative, and easy to work with. I highly recommend Nick Welsh Photography for capturing your day.

Sent on 10/01/2020

Nick Welsh Photography's reply:

Gabe! Thank you so much for your kinds words! Also, I'm so happy that you guys trusted me to capture your big day. Thank you! Much love and be well!

We highly recommend Nick as a photographer. We used him for both our engagement and wedding photos. He's extremely friendly and easy to work with. We always felt comfortable in front of the camera. We would absolutely use Nick again in the future.

Sent on 06/22/2016

We were lucky enough to have Nick as our photographer for both our engagement session and our wedding (we bought the wedding package, which included both sessions), and he did a fantastic job! My husband and I are not terribly comfortable in front of the camera, but the photos turned out great thanks to Nick's efforts.

He also makes sure to understand which photos are important to you, and actually gives out a checklist of photos for you to fill out about a week before the wedding. It was super helpful when we were trying to figure out what we did (and didn't) want!

All in all, if you're looking for a photographer, I can't recommend him enough! I'd give more stars if I could.

Sent on 04/09/2016

Nick Welsh Photography Pricing

Nick Welsh Photography Price Rates

Nick Welsh Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3000
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Toning
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3000
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Toning
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Second Shooter
    Slideshow
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Digital Files
    Prints
    Proofs
    Save the Date

• 4405 1st Pl NE Washington, DC, 20003 See on map
    Monday through Saturday 9am-6pm
    Location of (Nick Welsh Photography)