909 Oregon Street, Oshkosh, WI 54904 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Nic Charles Photography

Hey, How ya doin!? I'm Nic

Nice to meet you! I'm a wedding and portrait photographer based in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Melissa my wife and twin daughters Sabine and Vivienne have made our home here. When i'm not spending time with my family, I have interests in high performance driving, golf, improving myself and socializing.

Being super laid back I get along with everyone I meet. I'm a genuine fan of meeting new people and hearing their stories. Life is a journey in which we can grow from every new person we encounter. Being able to tell people's stories through photos is an amazing feeling. The experience of photography is just as meaningful as the photos you get from it.

I started my Photography journey at a young age with a kodak film camera my mother owned and a lot of the disposable film cameras. I never really thought about doing it as a profession as a child or even a young adult. When digital cameras became available in the early 2000's I bought one made by Sony and wow was that a game changer for me. I fell in love with taking pictures even though I really was still an amateur with little desire to take a step to the next level.

It wasn't until my own wedding a few years back that I decided I wanted to be a part of the special moments people will cherish for the rest of their lives. We hired a friend of a friend and didn't get the results we were hoping for. I knew from the experience we had, that I could offer something so much better and way more meaningful.

Since then i've been shooting non-stop, practicing my craft, perfecting my editing and heightening my photography experience goals for the client. I read, research, youtube and attend workshops as much as time allows to make me better than I was yesterday.

My shooting style is a mix of artistic composition, photojournalism and modern. I'll get all your must have mom/details shots in a creative way. My favorite time for photo sessions are later in the day when the sun glows gold and hangs low in the sky. The tones that can produced during this time (golden hour) for your portrait or wedding day are second to none. When the weather doesn't cooperate, I improvise with lighting and locations you would never think could make a good photo.

I look forward to hearing from you and telling your beautiful story!

-Nic

2 Reviews for Nic Charles Photography

• Samantha

Samantha Gingras · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Amazing photographer

Cant wait to see my photos. I have looked for a longtime some someone who's photos I just loved and had a great price point and Nic has meet all of my expectations.

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Callie

Callie Jagdfeld · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing... just awesome

I actually had another photographer booked, and was just not happy. My DJ, and videographer recommended Nic , and boy am I glad they did. Right away he talked to me on the phone, didnt pressure me. Even gave me tips, to let my other photographer go. I loved his story of why he does what he does. My husband, and I, are so happy with our photos. Nic had the creative eye we wanted. He captured everything we wanted. We felt so comfortable with him. We even got compliments from our attending guests on how great he was. He felt like a guest, like he was meant to be there. I'm so incredibly happy with my photos. You only get to takes these photos once! It's so important to pick the right photographer, and we did. I have no regrets. He genuinely cared for what we wanted.

Sent on 06/21/2019

Nic Charles Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 1,250.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Toning, Prints, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,250.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Toning, Digital Files, Negatives, Prints, Proofs
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Custom Graphics, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Toning, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Nic Charles Photography 1
    -5%
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Irish Entertainment and Photobooth
    Irish Entertainment and Photobooth Wedding DJs

What can i say about Nic Charles Photography....How about "Magic through a click." Nic knows exactly how to capture that priceless, frozen in time shot. I enjoyed the times i have had to work with him and is always very curious and professional. I would trust Nic with any event and or job you are looking for a highly skilled professional.

• Scott Ralph Photography
    Scott Ralph Photography Wedding Photographers

Nic is a professional's professional. I have had the pleasure to work with him as a photographer at a wedding and he has some amazing pics. I don't rubber stamp or endorse just anybody but I do recommend Nic for any of your picture needs.

• 909 Oregon Street Oshkosh, Wisconsin, 54904 See on map