Chesterfield, VA 23832 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $2,000
Availability Check your date

About MJ Mendoza Photography

MJ Mendoza Photography is a natural light wedding + lifestyle photographer based out of Richmond, VA and available for travel throughout Virginia and for destination weddings.

Follow MJ Mendoza Photography on

a658cf4a6b29dd4e 1501777302558 styledshootblog1
styledshootblog1

2 Reviews for MJ Mendoza Photography

Cameron Cooper · Married on 09/28/2019

I cry happy tears every time I see our pictures!!

From the engagement session to the wedding day itself Monica has been an absolute angel and the confidence I needed! I don’t typically like any photos of myself, nor do I like taking pictures AT ALL. Monica made it so fun and natural and I think I literally laughed and smiled through our entire engagement session. And the pictures are honestly amazing. I never thought I’d find myself saying that. EVER! I wanted one thing when choosing a photographer and that was a focus on natural light. This girl knows what she’s doing when it comes to her camera, you in front of it, and working with/around Mother Nature!! Our wedding day was flawless, she was early, prompt and ready to get started. She worked alongside the videographer and day of coordinators and everyone was a team, it was literally the most amazing day ever and I was confident that monica would get every shining moment. And she didn’t disappoint!! I haven’t even received them all yet and I cry I’m so in love with our sneak peak pictures!! Ladies.. I’m telling you she’s the wedding photographer of your dreams!!!

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Omer

Omer Kaufman · Married on 09/01/2019

An Absolute Dream!

Working with Monica and the MJ Mendoza Photography team was an absolute dream!

From our very first meeting, Monica took the time to learn about us, our love story, and what matters to us. Our detailed conversations with Monica not only showed us how deeply and genuinely she cares about the couples she works with, but also made sure all of the little details that made our wedding uniquely ours were captured: from my father in law’s tallit, to the cake pops, to my wife’s bouquet. Those small detail shots are truly special, and we will cherish them forever.

On the big day itself, Monica’s top priority seemed to making us feel comfortable. My wife and I were both sick on our wedding day, so Monica made sure to give us plenty of time and space to take it easy and go at our own pace. She was constantly positive, even when things weren’t going according to plan (I stupidly forgot my dress shoes at home, but Monica helped me stay cool and quickly find an alternative until the actual shoes arrived). She was funny and friendly, which helped us stay loose and relaxed at every stage of the day.

But perhaps most importantly, Monica always made us feel like ourselves. She sought our input to make sure the pictures came out exactly as we envisioned. She took time to ensure all of our special requests were met, including what seemed like a million family portraits. And she perfectly directed our bubble exit so that we got the perfect picture we wanted. Working with Monica, we never felt fake or overly staged, which made the different shoots fun rather than an obligation.

And, unsurprisingly, the photos came out AMAZING! Just 2 weeks after the wedding, we received our entire photo collection - 535 beautifully shot and edited pictures that truly capture the joy of the day. We are so grateful to Monica for memorializing our happy day, and we wholeheartedly recommend her to any couple getting married in the DMV! (If you want to see some of the photos Monica took of our wedding, check out this blogpost from Monica’s website: https://www.mjmendozaphotography.com/blog/omerlauren-linganore-winecellars-wedding)

Sent on 10/14/2019

MJ Mendoza Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Natural
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Save the Date

• Chesterfield, 23832 See on map