Mendenhall Inn

323 Kennett Pike, Mendenhall, PA 19317 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing

About Mendenhall Inn

Mendenhall Inn is an elegant hotel wedding venue in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania that serves couples in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas. With two spacious ballrooms and a beautiful outdoor patio, the luxurious inn is perfect for rustic and classic gatherings with sophisticated flair. At this restaurant and hotel wedding venue, expect top-notch service and elegance that will enchant your guests.

Facilities and Capacity
The venue can host indoor and uncovered outdoor gatherings for up to 275 guests. The Grand Ballroom features decorative ceilings, a massive chandelier and a stunning spiral staircase. The Gold Ballroom, which has an outdoor patio, is embellished with multiple vintage chandeliers. From the fountain to the railroad tracks, Mendenhall Inn has ample opportunities for wedding photographs.

The staff at Mendenhall Inn is ready to accommodate all of your needs. Through a range of services and all-inclusive wedding packages, they will ensure that every last detail is put into place. Their services include:

• Setup
  • Cleanup
  • Event planning
  • Event rentals

Cuisine
As a restaurant, Mendenhall Inn has an executive chef and catering team that provides white glove service and delicious menu items, including cake and dessert. They promise to delight both you and your guests. Serving styles include buffet, plated, stations, hors d'oeuvres and dessert. Cuisine options include:

• American
  • Gluten-free
  • Lactose-free
  • Nut-free
  • Vegan
  • Vegetarian

Accommodation
The hotel wedding venue has overnight accommodations available. Their packages include options for dinner, breakfast buffet and admission to local tourist attractions. Couples and guests will love the old-world hospitality at the inn.

Other Facilities
Before the festivities, your wedding party can prepare in the bridal suite. Guests may also utilize the wheelchair access and on-site parking.

Other Services
Mendenhall Inn can host your engagement party, bridal shower, ceremony and reception. The team also provides additional services, including:

• Bartenders
  • China
  • Glassware
  • Linens

History
In 1917, the farm that is now Mendenhall Inn was owned by Pierre DuPont. He also purchased the surrounding properties. Soon after, the Millhous Brothers bought the farm and turned it into a feed store. The barn was turned into a restaurant in 1968, then purchased by its current owners in 1982. In 1990, a 70-room hotel was added by the Hionis family. The Grand Ballroom was built in 1994, while the original Gold Ballroom was renovated in 2006.

Location
Mendenhall Inn is 32 minutes from downtown Philadelphia and Philadelphia International Airport. It is 60 minutes from Lancaster, 60 minutes from Reading and 21 minutes from Wilmington, Delaware.

Follow Mendenhall Inn on

Mendenhall Inn 6
Mendenhall Inn 7

Ashley · Married on 03/30/2019

The absolute best!!!!

Mendenhall Inn went above and beyond to make our wedding day everything we could’ve dreamed of and more! We received so many compliments on how fantastic the food was and how beautiful the Gold ballroom looked. Anytime I had questions or needed to change something, Becky and Gianna were on top of it and always responded quickly and professionally! I’ve also attended many weddings at this venue and they have never disappointed! Choosing The Mendenhall Inn for our reception was one of the best decisions we made! We couldn’t have been happier!

Sent on 04/08/2019

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley! The pleasure was all ours!
    We wish you and Nick the Best of Luck on your Journey through life together! :)

Sarah · Married on 03/23/2019

Exceptional Service

I could not be happier with our choice for a wedding venue. Mendenhall met my extremely high expectations! I first started working with Becky but she moved to a different position at the company and the transition to Dottie was seamless. I met with Dottie to discuss everything that I had previously discussed with Becky and Dottie did not miss a beat. She understood exactly what I wanted in terms of how I wanted the venue to look and she made sure I was 100% satisfied. Our personal server was amazing - I was never without a drink in my hand! The hotel staff was friendly and our hotel room was beautiful. Our guests raved about the food and service! My wedding was exactly what I pictured and what I wanted and I am so thankful to Mendenhall for that. As a tip, we took our wedding pictures at Longwood Gardens, and even in March before everything bloomed, it was so beautiful and I know my pictures will be amazing! I hIGHLY recommend that you book your event at Mendenhall!

Sent on 04/13/2019

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

We are so Happy that your Special Day was Everything that you Imagined! It was a pleasure working with both of you! We wish you and your New husband the Best of luck in your New Life Together!

Mendenhall Inn Pricing

Mendenhall Inn Price Rates

Mendenhall Inn FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 9
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Set Up
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Chair Covers, Dance Floor, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access

• Woodward Studios
    Woodward Studios Wedding Photographers

As a wedding photographer, the Mendenhall Inn is one of my favorite venues. Both banquet rooms also have separate rooms for cocktails/ceremonies. I adore the inclosed outdoor courtyard. The grounds are very good for photos, especially the train tracks!

• VIP DJ Entertainment
    VIP DJ Entertainment Wedding DJs

This is an amazing venue to have any event! We have entertained many weddings at The Mendenhall Inn. They have two beautiful ballrooms to choose from and a few options for where you would like your ceremony. The staff goes above and beyond every single time! Food is delicious and always served with a smile. Highly recommended!

• Castaldi's Salon
    Castaldi's Salon Wedding Hair & Makeup

Of any venue we have worked with, Mendenhall Inn is hands down one of the most reliable, professional & fun places we have collaborated with. The wedding team is absolutely phenomenal, and our clients are always gushing about the warm atmosphere and kind demeanor of the staff. We love working with the Mendenhall team!

• 323 Kennett Pike Mendenhall, Pennsylvania, 19317 See on map