Mendenhall Inn Reviews

Mendenhall Inn 6
Mendenhall Inn 7

Anne · Married on 02/09/2019

Highly recommend!

The Mendenhall was a fantastic venue! We worked with Becky and she was great! I emailed her so many times and she was always so prompt in answering my questions and she is so nice to work with. Choosing the Mendenhall made wedding planning so much easier. Becky and her team took care of so many things! You really get so much for your money at this venue, on the day of the wedding we were able to just have fun and not worry about coordinating anything. We also had many out of town guests at our wedding and it was great to have a hotel venue where all the guests could stay. My husband and I are so happy with how our wedding turned out and that we choose Mendenhall Inn!

ERICA · Married on 12/29/2018

Absolutely incredible. A night my husband and I will never forget

Mendenhall made the wedding planning so smooth and stress-free. They were professional, exceptional with their work and very easy to organize with. We had the time of our lives on our wedding day - hats off to Mendenhall Inn [especially Becky], their staff and Marcus Hook Flowers for making our reception absolutely beautiful. It’s a day we will never forget!

Mendenhall Inn 8
    Mendenhall Inn 9
    Mendenhall Inn 10
    Mendenhall Inn 11
    Mendenhall Inn 12

Mairead · Married on 12/28/2018

Amazing venue!

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Mendenhall - we really cannot say enough positive things about how kind, friendly, and helpful the staff was during the entire process. Dottie was our contact person throughout the planning and she was always incredibly friendly, helpful, and responsive to questions. They did a beautiful job setting up the space. The food was delicious, the hotel was accommodating, and we were confident that everything would be handled perfectly. Many guests stayed at the hotel and we used the bar for an afterparty, which was a fun option to have. It ended up raining all day, and the shuttle at the hotel ended up driving the wedding party around so that we wouldn't get wet, which was so thoughtful. We cannot thank Dottie and the Mendenhall enough for all of the hard work they put into our wedding. Without a doubt they exceeded every expectation we had - it was the best decision we made to have our wedding at the Mendenhall!

Caitlin Ely · Married on 12/15/2018

Bryan and Caitlin

The mendenhll exceeded our expectations and our wedding was perfect! Mario, Dottie and all the staff were so amazing and I would recommend the Mendenhall as a wedding venue to everyone!

Kate · Married on 12/01/2018

Kate - December 1st 2018

Becky was wonderful to work with and made the planning processes sooooo easy and enjoyable!!! The reception went great and people are still talking about how good the food, service and time they had at Mendenhall!!

• Julia

Julia · Married on 10/27/2018

Great Venue

The Mendenhall did an amazing job at exceeding our expectations of a great reception. Becky and Dotty worked great as a team to respond to my husband and my requests, emails, and questions as quick as possible. We brought in a lot of decor and they did a great job setting that up for us as we took a minute before heading to cocktail hour to really take in the way the room looked. They really made planning a wedding easy with everything that comes with your package. As for the food, it was amazing. We have been told by so many of our guests that it was the best food they ever had at a wedding and I have to agree! Bardo and Roberto were great! They really catered to us all night and did an amazing job!

ONE complaint that we do have is the staff at the Alexander Bar for our after party were VERY BLUNTLY RUDE from the minute we walked into the bar. We spent a lot of money on getting food there and brought a lot of our guests back to the bar for them to make more money and tips and they treated us so badly. When my father and myself approached them with our disappointment, they were still just as rude.
    I don't really try to associate the bar with my perfect night at the reception but it was very disappointing.

• Maureen

Maureen · Married on 10/19/2018

My Amazing Wedding Venue

Becky and her staff did an amazing job! They were attentive to our every need. Becky answered every question I had. The venue looked beautiful. I received so many compliments on how good the food was. Booking on a Friday night, I was able to save some money. I was able to come in the day before and decorate the venue the way I wanted. I loved that the hotel and venue were all in the same parking lot, so we didn’t have to shuttle anyone. We were able to have a little after party at their bar/ restaurant. I would highly recommend the Mendenhall Inn!!

Angela Booth · Married on 09/15/2018

What a Party

Mendenhall Inn was our glass slipper. A one-stop-shop that takes care of so much that you start to feel like you’re leaving something out! The per-person price they give you is the price you pay. No surprise fees or gratuity. You only pay for extras you add. Even the cake vendor they use was great. Becky was the main coordinator that assisted us and she answered every question we had, leaving no stone unturned. Leading up to the day, they are very thorough, making sure they are covering all your bases. Becky and Dottie both went above and beyond to help us prepare and make sure every detail for our wedding was in place. They are super flexible and do everything they can to accommodate all your needs. Having the lounge there for our guests made for a great after-party and the hotel was so nice. Many of our guests came to us in the weeks after our wedding to tell us it was one of the best wedding receptions they had ever been to. We received many compliments on the food, environment and service. They really made our day so seamless and easy. Can’t say enough good things.

Justine · Married on 08/11/2018

Wedding Date: August 11th 2018. Choosing the Mendenhall Inn as my wedding location was by far the best decision I ever made regarding my wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Dottie was phenomenal and made all of my wishes come true. I loved working with her and her energy just made my experience that much better. The food was amazing.. people are still talking about how good it was! The staff the day of the wedding were great and did everything they could to make sure Mike and I were taken care of. If you choose this location for your wedding you will not be sorry.

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 08/04/2018

My wedding reception at Mendenhall Inn in August was the most perfect celebration I could ever ask for. From the first venue tour with Becky, we knew we wanted to have our reception there. Becky was amazing to work with! She was on top of everything, answered emails almost immediately, and made me feel calm throughout the entire planning process. The venue is beautiful, the food was absolutely delicious, and their entire staff was so awesome from start to finish. Our guests could NOT stop talking about our wedding day! I do not have enough words to express how much I loved the Mendenhall Inn. We want to relive that day over and over! Thank you everyone who made our day so amazing!

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/09/2018

Mendenhall was the absolute best choice for venue for my wedding. From the very beginning we were comfortable with the process and the contact, Dottie, was so knowledgeable and responsive. When it came down to the actual wedding day, I knew I didn’t need to worry about a single thing! My friends and family are still raving about how good the food was and how it was such a beautiful venue!

Danielle · Married on 03/31/2018

Becky is wonderful. She helped us through the entire process and assisted us with anything and everything. The venue itself was very pretty and the food is always delicious. Mario was our matrede probably not spelled correctly, he was also great he made sure the day went as planned. Overall I am very satisfied with this venue and the people who make everything work.

Danielle · Married on 03/31/2018

Bridget · Married on 12/31/2017

Dottie was absolutely wonderful, she was a pleasure to work with and really made sure that everything ran smooth. Her entire staff was pleasant and accommodating. The Mendenhall made sure our day was perfect, and that it was.

Colleen · Married on 12/29/2017

Mendenhall Inn is the best place to have a wedding. You get so much for your money!! The ballrooms are beautiful and the food is delicious. Everyone couldn't believe how much food there was and some even said this was the first wedding they didn't leave hungry and even had trouble trying to finish the prime rib! Becky was our coordinator and she was fantastic! She was very responsive to all my crazy questions and was very attentive and accommodating I would recommend The Mendenhall to anyone looking for the perfect venue!

Mendenhall Inn 13
    Mendenhall Inn 14
    Mendenhall Inn 15

Lindsay · Married on 11/25/2017

We had the best time at our wedding reception at the gold ballroom at Mendenhall Inn! It was beautiful, and our guests were raving about the food! Dottie was super helpful during the planning process, and made sure every detail was how we wanted it. We also felt like the prices were very fair- we got everything we wanted for less than what other venues offered. Would highly recommend!

Theresa · Married on 11/04/2017

Mendenhall had it all - amazing food, beautiful ballroom, lovely outside area for photos, and a hotel right on site. We truly could not have asked for more from this venue. Becky was so responsive to every email and extremely helpful during the planning process. She truly invests herself in every couple planning a wedding at Mendenhall. Our night was absolutely beautiful from start to finish and we could not ask for anything more!

Meghan · Married on 10/27/2017

I recently had both my wedding ceremony and reception at Mendenhall Inn and the day was absolutely perfect! Dottie helped me throughout the whole planning process and she was a joy to work with - responsive to emails, personable, and flexible. The food was amazing, but my favorite part was the mashed potato bar we did at cocktail hour; our guests loved it and I'm so glad we decided to go for it. The value at Mendenhall Inn is incredible compared to other venues my husband and I looked at; you get so much more for your money at Mendenhall (centerpieces, cake, food, etc.). We would highly recommend Mendenhall to other couples when searching for the perfect wedding venue!

Tracy · Married on 10/21/2017

We worked with Becky and it was a wonderful experience. Becky was such a delight to work with from the beginning. Our daughter loved going to see her also. She made everything so easy to do. The entire staff on our wedding day was more than professional and accommodating. We had family stay over night and the had a pleasant experience also. All of our guests raved about all of the food from cocktail hour to dinner and dessert. We would absolutely recommend everyone here especially if you need a wedding venue.

Stacy · Married on 10/20/2017

The Mendenhall Inn is a fabulous wedding and reception venue. We had our wedding there last month and the staff (especially our sales consultant Becky) made everything so easy and stress free. Their all inclusive packages offer a wonderful value that is hard to find elsewhere (and believe me we looked!). We received many compliments from our guests regarding how great the food was as well as the service everyone experienced from all of the staff. I’m so glad we chose the Mendenhall Inn as our wedding/reception venue and you will be too!

Heather · Married on 10/07/2017

The staff at Mendenhall truly made our wedding day a one of kind expereince and did everything possible to make sure that day was a perfect. Everything from the service to food was exquisite! We are still getting compliments from our guests on how perfect it was. Dottie, Eivind and Mario were beyond amazing and made, what I have heard to be a hectic day, seem effortless. We definitely got our fairytale wedding!!

Mendenhall Inn 16
    Mendenhall Inn 17
    Mendenhall Inn 18
    Mendenhall Inn 19
    Mendenhall Inn 20
    Mendenhall Inn 21
    Mendenhall Inn 22

Jess · Married on 10/06/2017

My husband and I were married at the Mendenhall Inn this past October and I can't say enough about how exceptional everything was. We worked with Dottie and she was incredibly helpful and went above and beyond to make our day extra special. The entire year leading up to the wedding, anytime I had a question about anything, Dottie was just a phone call or an email away. She is such a sweet person who really cares about making sure everything goes according to plan. The facilities at the Mendenhall are absolutely beautiful and the staff set up everything for our wedding exactly as we asked for. I was so happy when I saw how everything looked. The Grand Ball room Atrium looked like a lush greenhouse during our wedding ceremony. It was even more beautiful than I imagined. The staff treated us and all of our guests like royalty. Everything, from the food to the drinks to the service, was perfect. I am so glad we chose the Mendenhall. I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Krysten · Married on 09/16/2017

I worked with Becky S. during our entire wedding planning process and I could not have been more happy with her! Mendenhall Inn offers so much for the price (centerpieces, gratuity, cake, etc) that it beat almost all other places that we looked that could hold our guest count (180). The attendants during our ceremony were great, they were very professional and took care of anything we needed, including tissues during my Matron of Honor's speech! Becky answered every single one of my emails with helpful information and was willing to work with us to meet her throughout the week when we needed. I am so grateful to her for all of her support during the planning process; she offered helpful suggestions to make our reception memorable. Choose Mendenhall for your ceremony and reception and ask for Becky and you will not be disappointed! Thank you Becky!

Katie · Married on 09/08/2017

Mendenhall was a perfect venue. Dottie thought of extra touches that we hadn't even considered and many of our guests raved over the food! We could not have been more happy without decision!