Mendenhall Inn Reviews

229 | Mendenhall, PA

229 Reviews for Mendenhall Inn

Monica · Getting married on 05/15/2021

Mendenhall Inn

Beautiful venue! Dottie was friendly and walked us through the venue and talkes us through the entire process of what our wedding will be like. I can't wait to get married at Mendenhall!!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

Thank you so much Monica! We are Looking forward to planning the Wedding of your Dreams with you and your fiance!
  • Tiffanie

Tiffanie Carney · Married on 10/16/2020

Great venue

When we met with Gianna we were blown away, instantly we knew that mendenhall would be the spot where we wanted to get married. The venue was amazing and everyone that worked there seemed so welcoming. I can’t wait to plan our wedding

Sent on 06/20/2019

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

Thank you So Much Tiffanie! We look Forward to working with you and your Fiance On your Special Day! :)
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 09/12/2020

Can't wait! 7/18/20

Love this place! There are multiple different spaces you can use and every budget you can imagine! I can't wait until out wedding I just pray that's it's not too hot, but if it is, we'll move it to the atrium!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

Thank you Brandy! We look forward to planning your wedding with you! Praying for some Nice weather for you! :)
  • Nicole

Nicole Frey · Married on 03/14/2020

Best wedding!

Working with Gianna was such a positive experience. She was so knowledgeable, personable, and easy to contact. She basically made planning the reception a breeze. Everything went well and I received so many positive comments from my guests. The venue looked gorgeous, the food was amazing, and everything went smoothly on the day of my weddings. I would choose Mendenhall Inn over and over again!

Sent on 04/01/2020

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

Thank you Nicole! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your wedding reception at the Mendenhall Inn! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Brian on your big day! Wishing you a life full of love and happiness! :)
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Baxter · Married on 12/31/2019

Perfect all-in-one wedding location

When my husband and I decided we wanted to have a NYE wedding we knew it had to be in a big ballroom and the Mendenhall Grand Ballroom was the perfect location. Everything about the Mendenhall from start to finish was perfect. Our wedding coordinator, Dottie, was an absolute pleasure to work with. Dottie was so experienced and went above and beyond to make sure every tiny detail of our wedding was perfect, from coordinating to vendors, to checking on me before I walked down the aisle. Her attention to detail and calming affect on brides is unmatched! We also received endless compliments on the assortment of food at cocktail hour and were told by guest it was some of the best wedding food they’d ever had. 34 years after my parents got married at the Mendenhall their service and facilities are still awesome… 11/10 stars from us

Sent on 01/19/2020

HI Lindsay!

Thank you very much for the Wonderful Review! We are so happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed your reception here at the Mendenhall inn! We wish you nothing but the best and hope you come to visit soon!
  • Dawn

Dawn Sharpley · Married on 12/31/2019

Wonderful experience at Mendenhall Inn

My daughter's wedding at Mendenhall Inn was perfect. We reserved the venue over a year in advance. Dottie was our coordinator. MI is an incredible value. They have a great reputation, and they did not disappoint. I think the best part about MI is the fact that practically everything is included. Other venues, you need to rent chairs, linens, even forks. MI includes virtually everything except the DJ, Photographer, and (most) flowers. We had the Gold Ballroom, and it was beautiful. We close 4 meals (vegetarian is included, but the 3rd meal was extra). Food was delicious, but I must say the tasting dinner was better - however, a Chef cooking for 4 is different than preparing food for 120. There were no complaints. We began with a ridiculous array of hors d'eouvres during the cocktail party, and then soup, fully served dinner, desserts, and a wedding cake and open bar - all included. They even accommodated some picky eaters who only wanted Mac & Cheese. Dottie couldn't have been more pleasant and accommodating. You really can't go wrong with Mendenhall Inn. My only complaint is that the whole affair seemed to be over in 5 minutes! They even helped us pack up afterwards. Many of our guest stayed on site afterwards, and the included breakfast was great!

Sent on 02/04/2020

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Dawn! We are so happy that your daughter and your friends and family enjoyed the reception here at the Mendenhall Inn! Wishing all of you a wonderful new years and a life full of love and Happiness!

Lauren Laderman · Married on 12/27/2019

Most Perfect Wedding

When people ask how was our wedding, the only word to describe it is PERFECT! Everything with Mendenhall was absolutely perfect. We booked the grand ballroom close to a year and a half out from our date with Becky, and she was fantastic. Becky ended up leaving before our wedding, so we got transferred to Dottie, who was also fantastic. From the beginning, the planners at Mendenhall answered every question, call, and email promptly. They are professional planners and know exactly how to throw a perfect wedding. We were told by several guests that this was the best cocktail hour they had ever seen! The spacing of the stations and seafood bar was perfect, and the 3 bars made it so no one ever had to wait in line for a drink! We met twice to go over every detail in person, which I appreciated. They also contracted with the ice sculptor and the bakery. Our ice sculpture and cake were definitely highlights of the night! Both turned out amazingly! The cake comes from Master's Baker, which was cool because we got to go there, do a tasting and design the cake with them, and then Mendenhall took care of the rest! Also, the food was INCREDIBLE! We already knew it would be, but all of our guests were so impressed, especially by the cocktail hour. We had a local mushroom, crab cake, and seafood station plus all the buttered and buffet appetizers. The dessert and coffee stations were all amazing as well! Literally, nothing went wrong at our reception, and everything was only better than we had even imagined! Also, we highly recommend going with the vendors that Mendenhall recommends, as we used several of them (dj, florist, photo booth), and they were all amazing!! People danced ALL night long, and we had even extended our reception! We love the food at Mendenhall so much that we even had our rehearsal there the night before, which was the best decision! It was so convenient since we had so many guests staying in the hotel. This was by far the best rehearsal I have ever seen, as we had a little over an hour of a social hour with open bar and appetizers before the dinner began. Also, all of the entrees in the package are the same cost, so we were able to do really impressive sounding entrees for the rehearsal! The space was also amazing, as we used the library rooms which looked amazing with the fireplace and decorations for winter. I can also say here that Mendenhall is SO accommodating and knows how to deal with anything! We had our ceremony in a church and were told to allow 1.5 hours for the rehearsal. We got done in a little less than an hour, so everyone arrived 45 minutes early. Mendenhall easily adapted and got the bar and appetizers going right away and even extended the social hour a bit so the guests that were not at the rehearsal could still enjoy. Very professional! We also planned to have an afterparty and ordered late night food, which our guests thought was just the nicest touch! Mendenhall has a shuttle that transported guests right from the Grand Ballroom to the restaurant so guests didn't have to walk to the bar! We were greeted by the 2 bartenders as soon as we arrived and the food was promptly put out. I appreciated that they accommodated our later ending reception, since the kitchen typically closes earlier that we had our food being served.

Sent on 02/29/2020

Hi Lauren!

Thank you so much for your kind words and your review of the Mendenhall Inn! We appreciate all of your positive feedback and are so happy tat you ad your guests had a wonderful time! We wish you and your new husband the best of luck in your journey together as husband and wife!

Katie Papp · Married on 12/21/2019

An amazing wedding

Mendenhall inn, dotty and her team did a fantastic job with our wedding. Dotty worked with us for months making every detail perfect. The guests raved about the food and the fantastic service that was provided throughout the night. The whole experience was well above and beyond the price. Having a place for your friends and family to crash after the wedding was also a huge plus. My wedding was perfect and it’s thanks to mendenhall inn!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

Thank you so much Katie for your Review! We are so thrilled to hear you had a marvelous wedding reception! Wishing you and your new Husband a Life full of love and happiness!

• Jackie

Jackie · Married on 10/18/2019

Perfection

We just got married here on 10/18/19 in the grand ballroom and everything was absolutely perfect!! Dottie was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and so much fun to work with! Guests were raving about the atmosphere and how amazing the food was. It is very hard to find a venue that includes everything in their pricing with no additional hidden costs which makes Mendenhall that much better! It's a week after the wedding and I still have guests messaging us telling us how this was the best wedding they've been to! Our wedding here was honestly the best day of our lives and so perfect :)

Sent on 10/24/2019

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

Thank you So Much Jackie! We are So Happy you and your guests had a wonderful time here at the Mendenhall Inn! It was such a pleasure to work with you on your special day! Wishing you and your new Husband a happy life together

Jaclyn Coughlin · Married on 10/11/2019

Mendenhall

Gianna was such a pleasure to work with and made our experience and wedding come ALiVE! Anything we needed she was there for us. The Mendenhall made our movie theme wedding truly spectacular and the service was outstanding! Thank you for making our day so very special.

Sent on 10/18/2019

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

Thank you So Much Jackie! It was truly a pleasure to work with the both of you! Wishing You both a Life full of love, happiness, buttery popcorn, and award winning movie nights! :)

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2019

Best wedding venue ever!

Gianna and her team were amazing! Not only were they very responsive, but they were so nice and easy to work with, so professional. Our wedding was everything we could have dreamed of, and The Medenhall handled it all perfectly from beginning to end. Can't say enough good things!!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

Thank you So Much Jess for the review! We are so Happy you both enjoyed your wedding reception here at the Mendenhall Inn! We hope you and Jason have the happiest life together! :)
  • Cait

Cait Kim · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing all around

I worked with Dottie and she was absolutely amazing. She was always quick to respond when I had a question, she kept me up to date on everything, and she made planning a wedding in Pennsylvania from Atlanta a breeze! The reception was like a dream. The staff was pleasant and very helpful, the decorations were amazing, and the food was delicious. Guests commented that it was the best wedding they had ever been to!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Lorela

Lorela Senne · Married on 08/31/2019

Spectacular & memorable

We had our wedding ceremony & reception at the beautiful grand ballroom. It was indeed the wedding of my dreams. I highly recommend Mendenhall Inn, a great place to have a spectacular event, their excellent service from sales to staff, bartenders etc. will surely make your event a memorable one.

Sent on 09/15/2019

Hi Lorela!

We are so glad you and Ryan had a wonderful wedding here at the Mendnehall Inn! Wishing you a life full of love and happiness as you and Ryan start your new lives as Husband and Wife! :)

My · Married on 08/17/2019

Better than we could've imagined!

We got married in the Grand Ballroom at Mendenhall on 8/17/19, and it was everything we dreamed of and so much more! We booked this venue back in 2017 because we absolutely loved it. We originally were working with Becky, but she's since moved on to their sister property, so we got to work with Gianna for the remaining months leading up to our big day. Gianna was extremely personable and made every big decision so easy for us - we could not have asked for a better experience. The food was phenomenal, and the staff were all so professional and courteous. We highly recommend this venue to any one looking to get married!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

Thank you so much My! We are so glad to hear you and AJ had such a wonderful wedding Experience! It was a pleasure to work with both of you on your special day and We wish you all the best! :)

Lisa Kalinowski · Married on 07/20/2019

Flawless Wedding from booking through the day of

Our experience working with Dottie, Becky and Gianna was awesome! They answered ALL questions and went above and beyond helping us with everything. Also, allowing me, somewhat of a control freak do things I wanted to do on my own and be there to support me. Roberto was a blessing the day of the wedding as well as Dottie and, especially, Gianna, who was a dream to work with through it all. Thank you ALL from the bottom of our hearts for a completely FLAWLESS wedding for our daughter and her new husband!

Sent on 08/09/2019

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

Hi Lisa! The Pleasure is all Ours! That you so much for your kind words. We know that Alex and Courtney are going to have a beautiful life together! Wishing them and your families the best! :)
  • Corina

Corina · Married on 07/06/2019

Perfect Venue!

I cannot say enough nice things about Mendenhall! They decorated, took care of all my things, and created the perfect wedding for me and my husband! The packages they have are amazing, we went with the Silver Package and got everything we needed and more! From the centerpieces, dinner choices, cake, and beautiful ballroom, it was ALL great! We worked with Gianna and she is the sweetest person ever! She made sure all my ideas happened and that my wedding day was perfect. Our guests mentioned multiple times that our food was the best wedding food that they have ever had. The food and service were top notch!! I HIGHLY recommend Mendenhall!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

Thank you so much Corina! It was truly amazing to work with you and your family on your special day! Wishing you and Ryan the Best in your New Lives together as husband and wife! :)
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/28/2019

Amazing experience

My wedding was in the Grand Ballroom on June 28, 2019 and my husband and I couldn't be happier with our experience. Dottie, our wedding coordinator, took care of every detail leading up to the event. She was very responsive to the many questions I had and she completed her job with the greatest professionalism. Mario, the maitre' d, was also very accommodating. It started to rain right before our ceremony and he drove us down to the ballroom and walked me upstairs with an umbrella over my head. The Mendenhall did not let anything get in the way of making it the most perfect day. I thank the entire staff for making our wedding day extra special. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Hi Stephanie!

Thank you so much for your review. We had so much fun planning your special day, and we are so happy that you enjoyed everything! Wishing you and your new Husband a life full of love and happiness!
  • Dina

Dina Saitis · Married on 06/07/2019

Elegance and Warmth

Dottie and her entire staff were outstanding from the very first time we met to the final days and to the most beautiful wedding reception. Dottie provided us top notch service. Always courteous, helpful, reassuring, and professional. The Mendenhall Grand Ballroom was the absolute perfect venue for the my daughter's wedding. Capturing her dream of luxury with a sense of warmth, The Grand Ballroom at Mendenhall and its incredible staff delivered beyond our expectations. The abundance of delicious food and the white glove service was so very impressive. If we need to host another beautiful event we most certainly will return.

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing food, staff, & ballroom!

Beautiful reception venue with delicious food & amazing staff!! Dottie (wedding coordinator) & Mario (maitre d) are the best!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

Thank you so Much Christina! It was a pleasure working with you both on your special day! We wish you all the best! :)
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 03/30/2019

Wedding 3.30.2019

Wow!!! All I can say is Mendenhall Inn did not disappoint. My husband and I had our wedding reception in the grand ballroom on 3.30.2019. It was nothing less than perfect. Our guests are still telling us how amazing the food was and how wonderful a reception we had! Gianna and Dottie were SO helpful throughout all our planning. The staff were amazing!!! The venue was absolutely beautiful with the huge staircase and chandelier. If you are thinking about booking Mendenhall for your wedding ... do it! You will not regret it!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

The pleasure was all ours Leah! We are so Happy you and Arthur had a wonderful experience! Best wishes to the both of your as you start your lives together!

Ashley · Married on 03/30/2019

The absolute best!!!!

Mendenhall Inn went above and beyond to make our wedding day everything we could’ve dreamed of and more! We received so many compliments on how fantastic the food was and how beautiful the Gold ballroom looked. Anytime I had questions or needed to change something, Becky and Gianna were on top of it and always responded quickly and professionally! I’ve also attended many weddings at this venue and they have never disappointed! Choosing The Mendenhall Inn for our reception was one of the best decisions we made! We couldn’t have been happier!

Sent on 04/08/2019

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley! The pleasure was all ours!
    We wish you and Nick the Best of Luck on your Journey through life together! :)

Sarah · Married on 03/23/2019

Exceptional Service

I could not be happier with our choice for a wedding venue. Mendenhall met my extremely high expectations! I first started working with Becky but she moved to a different position at the company and the transition to Dottie was seamless. I met with Dottie to discuss everything that I had previously discussed with Becky and Dottie did not miss a beat. She understood exactly what I wanted in terms of how I wanted the venue to look and she made sure I was 100% satisfied. Our personal server was amazing - I was never without a drink in my hand! The hotel staff was friendly and our hotel room was beautiful. Our guests raved about the food and service! My wedding was exactly what I pictured and what I wanted and I am so thankful to Mendenhall for that. As a tip, we took our wedding pictures at Longwood Gardens, and even in March before everything bloomed, it was so beautiful and I know my pictures will be amazing! I hIGHLY recommend that you book your event at Mendenhall!

Sent on 04/13/2019

Mendenhall Inn's reply:

We are so Happy that your Special Day was Everything that you Imagined! It was a pleasure working with both of you! We wish you and your New husband the Best of luck in your New Life Together!
  • Kacie

Kacie McCormick · Married on 03/02/2019

Mendenhall Inn

My husband and I got married on March 2 in the Grand Ballroom at Mendenhall. I loved that the complex has everything you need. With our ceremony we got a hotel room, flowers, cake, and all the table linens and catering under one roof. The pricing is very transparent and reasonable. I loved the grand ballroom with the staircase and the atrium, it really made for a great evening. We had about 150 guests and there was definitely room for more.
    We got prime rib and chicken Marsala for our meals. The vegetarian option was a vegetable wellington which made it accommodating for vegan guests. The prime rib is enormous and all of the food is delicious, we got many compliments.
    The weekend of our wedding there was a bus tour which used many of the rooms and the Mendenhall coordinated with Concordville Best Western Plus to provide rooms with a free shuttle for overflow guests. I have nothing but great things to say about the Mendenhall, it made planning easier for me and made for a great day for my husband and I.

Sent on 03/04/2019

Anne · Married on 02/09/2019

Highly recommend!

The Mendenhall was a fantastic venue! We worked with Becky and she was great! I emailed her so many times and she was always so prompt in answering my questions and she is so nice to work with. Choosing the Mendenhall made wedding planning so much easier. Becky and her team took care of so many things! You really get so much for your money at this venue, on the day of the wedding we were able to just have fun and not worry about coordinating anything. We also had many out of town guests at our wedding and it was great to have a hotel venue where all the guests could stay. My husband and I are so happy with how our wedding turned out and that we choose Mendenhall Inn!

Sent on 02/12/2019

ERICA · Married on 12/29/2018

Absolutely incredible. A night my husband and I will never forget

Mendenhall made the wedding planning so smooth and stress-free. They were professional, exceptional with their work and very easy to organize with. We had the time of our lives on our wedding day - hats off to Mendenhall Inn [especially Becky], their staff and Marcus Hook Flowers for making our reception absolutely beautiful. It’s a day we will never forget!

Sent on 01/15/2019