Roanoke, VA 24018 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 1

About Melissa Durham Photography

Soulful. Connected. Luminous.
It's about deeply rooted human connections.
The heart and soul of life.
It's about big, exuberant, unabashed love.
It's about love stories.

I'm Melissa Durham, and I'm an elopement, intimate wedding, & couple's photographer based in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.

What should you expect?

A visual story-teller who believes in sessions that nourish adventurous, connected relationships.
The documentation and preservation of your legacy and your love story.

VIRGINIA + WORLDWIDE

Melissa Durham Photography 3
Melissa Durham Photography 4
Melissa Durham Photography 5

Kimberly · Getting married on 02/22/2022

I can't not say enough how much I love Melissa. Not only was she super awesome to work with, I'm convinced that my wedding day wouldn't have gone as smoothly with out her. From the beginning Melissa put my nerves at ease, we communicate over email and phone since she is located in Virgina and I'm located Massachusetts. Not once did I second guess my decision to hire a photographer from out of state, she was constantly checking in with me and making sure we were on the same page. When the day finally came, it was borderline a hurricane outside. Melissa spent the day helping me carry my bags, bouquet, veil, and her camera equipment from location to location in the wind and rain. She really put my needs first, all while capturing my wedding day, she really is some kind of super woman. Now that I look back on the moments she captured I'm blown away. Her work is absolutely stunning, my husband even mentioned that he though she made us look like to models in a magazine. I'm dragging on here but really Melissa is a master in her craft and her personality and professionalism are miles above other vendors I've met and worked with.

Sent on 01/14/2017

Jon · Married on 04/13/2018

Melissa did an amazing job for our wedding and engagement shoot. When we started planning our wedding, we had budgeted a specific amount for each of our vendors, and when we were selecting our photographer, Melissa was a little more than what we were planning on spending on photography. I remember my wife talking me into it, and I am so glad she did. Of all our wedding vendors, Melissa provided the best value of all of them, and we had some great vendors. Melissa really stood out in so many ways. The first is that I have never really been comfortable around the camera. I just don’t like having my picture taken. Think Chandler from Friends. But it ended up being so easy with Melissa. Part of it is how warm and caring she is. She creates such a relaxed environment that you forget that she has a camera. She also really got to know us as a couple and what was important to us. The amount of detail she would remember from one conversation to the next was unreal. It really made working with her fun. She also took some amazing photographs, and the amount of emotion and details she was able to capture in her photos is pretty unreal. Her wedding pictures really captured the entire day. The day went by so fast, but with her wedding album, we can relive the day just by scrolling through them. It was such an amazing day, and I am so thankful that Melissa was able to capture it all. I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Rebecca · Married on 04/07/2018

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Melissa! She flawlessly photographed our engagement session and wedding. She not only captured each memory perfectly, she was also a joy to be around and get to know. Melissa constantly stayed in touch and checked up on me prior to the wedding. She wasn't afraid to jump in and help when I was stressed with the wedding timeline and took care of the details as if it were her own special day. Her calming presence and caring personality allowed me to fully enjoy each moment of our wedding. I can't wait to be in front of Melissa's camera again!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Melissa Durham Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4200
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    One Event / Day
    Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Prints

Real Weddings

• Pumpernickel Pickle Catering Co.
    Pumpernickel Pickle Catering Co. Wedding Caterers

Melissa has such a gift to share with the world! Beautiful work and a wonderful personality. We would highly recommend her services!

• Makeup by Holly Burton
    Makeup by Holly Burton Wedding Hair & Makeup

Not only is Melissa an extremely down-to-earth, kind-hearted woman, she is also incredibly talented at capturing one of life's most sacred moments on film. She has an amazing eye for candid, beautiful photography that you will cherish forever! It was an absolute joy to work with such a smart and talented photographer and will be recommending her to all of my future bridal clients!!

• RSP Entertainment
    RSP Entertainment Wedding DJs

Melissa, your words could only be echoed from our end, but obviously from the photography side things and thank you very much for your high compliments, we're glad our passion for what we do shows! It's obvious that you love what you do as well, which we feels helps make you great at it! You make everyone comfortable and the photo experience of the evening enjoyable. Capturing those little moments others may miss results in the big smiles you see on client's faces when they get to see their pictures for the first time, and many more times throughout their life together. We look forward to working with you at upcoming events and celebrations! For anyone looking for a photographer for your wedding, definitely check Melissa out, we highly recommend her!

• Roanoke, 24018 See on map