Mark Mirocha Photography

Mark Mirocha Photography

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Mark Mirocha Photography

I’m Mark and I am glad you found your way here. I am a Minnesotan who has made his home in wonderful Portland, Oregon. I’m a lover of beauty. Whether it be on a morning walk in my neighborhood, during a hike in the woods or while making dinner at home with my amazing wife, I’m constantly inspired by life's simple pleasures. One of the ways that I enjoy experiencing the world is by taking photographs. Most days I carry a camera with me. (On your wedding day, I’ll carry two!) I strive to take honest, meaningful and beautiful photos. I’m attracted to natural light and soft shadows. Quiet expressions and unspoken words. When people ask me what sets me apart from other wedding photographers, I often think about my ability to connect with and understand my subjects. I am an observer to my core. I love watching the way couples interact with each other. Seeing the way that an inside joke whispered in your bride-to-be's ear makes her throw her head back in laughter or seeing you geek out when your DJ plays your favorite song. I love capturing  all of the fleeting moments that tell your story.

When I'm not out photographing weddings, I love hanging out at home with my wife Lydia and our twins Jack & Audrey. If we're not camping on the coast, hiking in the Gorge or getting lost in the woods, you'll find us riding our bikes all over Portland. But really, most of the time we're either eating or thinking about eating. We love drinking IPA's at Sweet Hereafter, eating tacos at Por Que No, bagels at Spielman's, and pizza at Ken's. You might see us spending way too much time (and entirely too much money) at New Seasons or dreaming about how we wish we could decorate our house with everything at Canoe.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I look forward to meeting you and learning your story.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Regions serviced: Portland

Follow Mark Mirocha Photography on

35 Reviews for Mark Mirocha Photography

Engagement Shoot (3)
Digital Files (3)
Proofs (2)
High-Res Images (1)

Mark was the absolute best choice for our wedding. He has photographed many of our friend's weddings so we knew we wanted him to take our photos. He was so laid back and easy to work with, got our pictures back to us incredibly fast, and we have had so many compliments on them. They are absolutely stunning. Also, Mark is someone you actually want around on your big day, he's funny and friendly and adds a calming presence to a busy day.

Profile Picture Justine, 6/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I found Mark online after looking at the websites of several other photographers in the Portland area. The quality of the pictures in his portfolio online really caught my eye. I am truly happy with the pictures that we received after our engagement shoot--the work that Mark puts into making these photos great really shines through! He has an eye for this and really knows what he is doing.

Some specific things that come to mind about our experience with Mark:
Mark is very responsive! I actually reached out to Mark at the same time as I reached out to a few other photographers and his response was by and far the quickest. In fact, Mark maintained this level of responsiveness throughout the entire process, which really gave us peace of mind. We also received our photos very quickly after our photoshoot.

Mark was also very flexible with our needs throughout the entire process. For example, he was up for shooting us in multiple outfits. Mark also gave us free reign to pick where in the Portland area we wanted to have our shoot done and gave us some great ideas at the same time.

Mark was also very professional and kind. Throughout the shoot, after putting us in a pose, Mark would often ask, "Is this natural? Is this something you would normally do?" I really appreciated him asking us this and it stuck with me afterwards. It just shows how much he cares about the quality and authenticity of his photos. It's clear that Mark really understands the meaning and importance of such special photos. I will definitely recommend Mark to everyone! Thanks, Mark!

Profile Picture User7080158, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My fiancé and I had been looking for a few weeks for a photographer in the Portland area that had high quality photography at a reasonable price. We liked the lighting and style of Mark's photography, and that he offers digital files and full rights of the images (a lot of the photographers in the area we looked at require that you print images through them in addition to the shoot, and many require that you pay per image.) Mark keeps his pricing simple and provides flexibility in using your images as you want.

Mark was very responsive and sent us the digital files and proofs within a week of our shoot! We love every image and hope to work with him for our wedding.

Profile Picture Elvia, 7/8/17, 1 Review