470 3rd St Ste 202, San Francisco, CA 94107 Map · Phone number

About Makeup by Quis

MaQeup- makeup by Christina "Quis" Chen [http://www.makeupbyQ.com] caters to all makeup needs including weddings, special events, commercial to runway and film and is currently an artist for Chanel and Bloom Bridal Boutique in the Bay Area. Her training as a professional makeup artist began in her teens after finishing the bridal hair/beauty course in Infinie makeup academy. Since then, she has gone onto further training with Shu Uemura and Hollywood's prestigious Cinema Makeup School.

Having lived in Taiwan, Australia and America throughout her life has made her aware of different conceptions of beauty present in different cultures. She is extremely friendly and works according to each bride's desires whether they love that natural glow or glamorous high fashion look.
The makeup used in her kit are only of the finest HD quality including Makeup Forever, NARS, Chanel, MAC, Dior and more. Airbrushing using Temptu products is also an option available for brides who wish for a lightweight, long lasting makeup application.

Follow Makeup by Quis on

Other couples have also viewed

• Bridal Fitness Coach
yingcollagg

4 Reviews for Makeup by Quis

• Kathy

Kathy · Married on 10/06/2018

Understanding, patient and creative - more than just a make up artist

Christina Chen was truly easy to work with, and has the utter most patience. Being a new bride to be and novice in makeup, I needed to work with someone who was understanding and able to guide me through the entire process on hair and makeup for wedding dummies 101. I live in Hong Kong and she was recommended to me through an acquaintance. The fact that she was referred to me from Hong Kong, I felt comfortable from the start and knew she had a good reputation. As I planned for my destination wedding in San Francisco, you can imagine how the time zone difference could potentially pose some problems. However, she was so responsive and accommodating that the time zone difference was no issue. I flew into San Francisco prior to the wedding a month before in order to do a trial run. I would recommend coming prepared with sample photos of makeup and hair style that you want. Christina is not pushy, so she leaves you to decide on your own style and will opine when asked. Leading up to the wedding, Christina was also planning her own wedding which was a month before mine. She was professional and helpful throughout the process and was able to manage everything on top of her own wedding ~ truly amazing! With her packages, it is straight forward and she was able to explain and provide options to accommodate the wedding party despite my many questions. On the day of the wedding, she was truly magnificent in so many ways. I am Chinese and she is Taiwanese, is she was able to relate to some of the customs that had to be incorporated into my wedding. Her aura is so calm which really eases your nerves on the day of the wedding day. She was with me from the start of the day to almost the end of my reception. In Chinese customs you are required to change outfits during the dinner reception, let’s just say she did an amazing job and was by my side the whole time, she was not just my Hair and Make-up artist, but also a confidant and pseudo wedding assistant on the day of. Christina was with me the whole time, and went well beyond her call of duties. Highly recommended if you looking for someone who is amazing at her job and someone who is more than a hair and make-up artist.

Sent on 03/25/2019

Kim · Married on 06/09/2017

Christina and her team were awesome! From my first inquiry to the time of the event, she was super responsive and asked great questions. I'm personally not very comfortable wearing a lot of makeup or dressing up, so the whole wedding styling was very intimidating. She made me feel at ease and provided guidance when I didn't quite know what I wanted. She definitely listened to my feedback and made sure I was happy with my look. I felt beautiful on my wedding day and so did my bridesmaids! I would happily recommend Christina and her team to anyone looking for a stylist!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Cyndi · Married on 07/07/2012

Christina was very responsive with email and was very friendly on the phone when I asked about her services. She did my trial, which lasted 3-4 hours, but the time flew by so quickly because she's so nice and easy to talk to. I booked her immediately for my wedding, even though it was a year in advance!

Christina then helped me with my engagement shoot hair and make-up, which was rescheduled 2 times! She was super flexible with the scheduling and even took time to recommend me to some of her friends when she thought she wasn't going to be available.

On our wedding day, she brought her assistant and they did hair and make-up for seven people in four hours! I was so impressed that my hair and make-up lasted the entire hot summer day with minimal touch-up. Plus, I felt I still looked like me, but with her magical enhancements.

I wish Christina could follow me around and do my hair and make-up for me everyday! Since she obviously wouldn't be thrilled if I asked her to do that, I would definitely go back to Christina for any styling needs in the future. Not only is she excellent at what she does, she is patient, kind, and one of the nicest people I met during the wedding process.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Makeup by Quis FAQ

• What beauty services do you offer?
    Body Art
    Consultations
    Facials
    Hair
    Hair Removal
    Makeup

• 470 3rd St Ste 202 San Francisco, CA, 94107 See on map
    Location of (Makeup by Quis)