324 Jefferson St., Fort Collins, CO 80524 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $6,500
Availability Check your date

About Adventure Instead

Hey there! We’re Maddie, Amber, and Tori, the team behind Adventure Instead! We are adventure elopement photographers who are passionately dedicated to helping couples embrace their brave and daring sides to create intimate, meaningful, and wildly different wedding experiences. We believe your wedding day should be a true reflection of your relationship and that you should enjoy every moment of your unique, adventurous day without anxiety, stress, or worry.

Marriage is one of the greatest adventures; that’s why we think your day should look, feel, and be the truest reflection of you and your partner. We’re here to do more than just document your love story; we’re here to be your adventure partner, your wedding planner, and your cheerleader.

No matter where, when, or how you want to commit your life to your partner- on top of a mountain, under a waterfall, sliding down sand dunes- we’ll be there every step of the way. We will travel to any epic location you choose and document every last detail of your unique love story.

Follow Adventure Instead on

• Phoco
  • Blue Canoe Photography
  • Sarah Barth Images
tori ware adventure instead adventureinstead com 16 51 727534 157877859615129
Adventure Instead
adventure instead maddie mae amber sovorsky rf30rs 2018 1 51 727534 157877872021266
tori ware adventure instead adventureinstead com 16 51 727534 157877859615129

79 Reviews for Adventure Instead

• Kendra

Kendra Helm · Getting married on 03/08/2022

I highly recommend Adventure Instead!

My husband and I eloped back in August in CO. We got the honor to work with Amber, and she was amazing. Down to getting to know us, helping find the perfect location, to the photographs she took. She was such a sweetheart to work with and made this whole process so easy and fun. I highly recommend Adventure instead to anyone looking into it!

Sent on 10/02/2020

Chelsea DeBernardis · Getting married on 03/07/2022

Best adventure ever!

We had such an amazing experience with Amber & Adventure Instead from the very beginning! We especially appreciated the thoughtfulness and care that goes into the pre-elopement process where they send you questionnaires to get to know you and what you want from your day. Not only were they fun to complete together, but it meant a lot knowing the effort that Amber put in to getting to know us before photographing one of the biggest days of our lives! Amber is so discreet and skilled at what she does that we actually wondered if she took enough photos when the hike was over, because we hardly noticed her taking them! Of course once our sneak peek photos came in...WITHIN 24 HOURS...we realized how many awesome shots she had gotten. Then....there's COVID. Amber and the rest of the team worked with us to adjust our package when we realized our family couldn't travel and it was just going to be the 2 of us. From waking up in the middle of the night to meet us for a sunrise hike...to running back UP the mountain on our way down when we realized we lost my husband's boutonniere(!)...to turning over our sneak peek photos in 24 HOURS and the rest of them within a month...Amber is the best and we would recommend her to any couple looking for an intimate, unique, unforgettable elopement experience!

Sent on 09/03/2020

R L · Getting married on 12/07/2021

Amazing Elopement with Tori

As someone who is a photography aficionado myself, I set the bar really high when it came to finding a photographer for my own elopement. Someone who can get the perfect lighting, play with angles/depth-of-field, capture us in our best element, get the perfect exposure…my partner and I went through a lot of photographers’ portfolios, but Adventure Instead’s photos jumped out with their punchy yet natural editing style. Their images were vivid, warm, natural, clean, and composed to feature the couple without losing sight of the stunning scenery. We submitted a request on their website, and very quickly, Tori reached out.

From our initial consultation, Tori was friendly - and a trove of information. She explained the concept of an elopement and how it fit into our wedding vision. She also walked us through her packages and helped break down which worked best for the locations/timeline we had in mind (We happened to know exactly where we wanted to elope to, and how we envisioned our storyboard to look, but if you don’t - Adventure Instead can 100% help recommend/find you something/somewhere from scratch).

We booked with Tori in February 2020 for a July elopement. Shortly after, COVID hit, which put a cloud of uncertainty over our plans. Tori was immensely encouraging and accommodating throughout the process. Because we weren’t planning to bring any family or friends, and our elopement date was rather far away, Tori suggested that we continue preparing what we could for it, and that she’d help evaluate the go/no go situation as the date neared. From sending us guides on where to shop for dresses/suits, giving suggestions on props to bring, keeping track of COVID situations, applying for a national park permit…Tori played the roles of our elopement mentor, photography professional, friend, and confidant (with whom I gossiped about dresses, styles, planning, COVID worries, and so much more). Two weeks from the elopement date, Tori reached out to know that while she had everything booked and was ready for our big day, she’d only do it if we felt 100% comfortable. Otherwise, we could reschedule for a later date on her calendar without hassle/cancelation fees. We were bullish about the situation, so we greenlit the trip on our end, but we were grateful that she put our health/comfort level/best interests in mind.

Because of the multitude of email/phone exchanges we had with Tori, we felt like we were catching up with an old friend when we met her on morning of our elopement day. She was literally the nicest person you could find - during the shoot, she gave simple instructions, and nudged us to only do things that we usually do/interact normally as if we were spending time together on a regular day. Anyone who knows me knows that I’m one of the most awkward posers - so I was initially apprehensive about what to do in a “photoshoot” - but Tori did not explicitly ask us to “pose” at all. Her style is “you do you, and let me worry about the photos.” In hindsight, looking at the photos which Tori delivered way ahead of what the contract required, I was truly surprised by how candid, pretty, happy, and cute my partner and I look when we…show each other affection and interact in our normal way (hey, confidence boost!)

So, if you are looking for someone who is more than just a photographer (aka your new best friend), knowledgable about elopement, able to uncover your inner model that you didn’t know existed, makes you comfortable, creates a magical day, is accommodating, and delivers rad photographs you can keep for a lifetime, Tori is your girl! And going with Adventure Instead is one of the best choices I had made in life, second only to choosing my partner with whom I got to spend this wonderful elopement with.

Sent on 08/22/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Adventure Instead FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 4400
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    One Event / Day
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 6500
    One Event / Day
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Film
    Natural
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
    Vintage
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Slideshow
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Prints
    Save the Date

• 324 Jefferson St. Fort Collins, CO, 80524 See on map
    7192876005 (Phone number)
    Location of (Adventure Instead)