324 Jefferson St., Fort Collins, CO 80524 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $6,500
Availability Check your date

About Adventure Instead

Hey there! We’re Maddie, Amber, and Tori, the team behind Adventure Instead! We are adventure elopement photographers who are passionately dedicated to helping couples embrace their brave and daring sides to create intimate, meaningful, and wildly different wedding experiences. We believe your wedding day should be a true reflection of your relationship and that you should enjoy every moment of your unique, adventurous day without anxiety, stress, or worry.

Marriage is one of the greatest adventures; that’s why we think your day should look, feel, and be the truest reflection of you and your partner. We’re here to do more than just document your love story; we’re here to be your adventure partner, your wedding planner, and your cheerleader.

No matter where, when, or how you want to commit your life to your partner- on top of a mountain, under a waterfall, sliding down sand dunes- we’ll be there every step of the way. We will travel to any epic location you choose and document every last detail of your unique love story.

Follow Adventure Instead on

• Bailey Cross Photography
  • Brigette Burgman Photography
  • Alyssa Wood Photography
tori ware adventure instead adventureinstead com 16 51 727534 157877859615129
Adventure Instead
adventure instead maddie mae amber sovorsky rf30rs 2018 1 51 727534 157877872021266
tori ware adventure instead adventureinstead com 16 51 727534 157877859615129

Adventure Instead 5
  • Mari-Louise

Mari-Louise Østigaard · Getting married on 11/08/2020

Lofoten - Norway

If you’re on the fence, take the leap - It will be your best decision. Maddie Mae is not just a photographer. Anyone can take wedding pictures, but very few create art.

I have worked as a model and had countless professional pictures taken of me. Yet, this is the very first time I have seen my real self captured, genuine feelings. that's unique. The pictures are so pure and truly reflect all the magic we felt those days. I love the shots where she has captured small expressions of my husband that I love so much - those expressions that are so difficult to freeze in time. It's worth more than I can express.

-------------------
    To be honest, Maddie did most of the planning. We just showed up with our wedding attire in our backpacks and had a really great time - the weather in Lofoten that day was gloomy and not as expected. But it just made our day more special. It might for some seem weird to spend such a private day with two people you haven't met before, but it all felt so natural. Maddie's husband Alistair was kind enough to come along and made everything so easy. He helped a ton with controlling our crazy, needy dog as well. They are the coolest couple and I am so grateful that we were able to spend our wedding day with them.

I couldn't be happier. Warmly recommended.
    xx

Adventure Instead 6
    Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Kate

Kate Follen · Getting married on 06/05/2020

What an amazing experience!

Amber was so amazing to work with! My husband Chris and I are beyond grateful that she encouraged us to make our day truly about us and helped make it a day that we will never forget. The photos turned out incredible and we are so happy we hired Adventure Instead. We drove to the Sand Dunes and Amber was a perfect guide throughout the entire day. We had a lot of ups and downs to deal with (food poisoning, unexpected freezing weather, hail on our motorcycle ride, etc) and she handled it all like a champ, I’m not sure what we would have done without her. She clearly has a huge passion for her work and it truly shows in her stunning photos. We finally created a photo album and can’t wait to have that as our first wedding heirloom! Thanks for everything Amber. If you’re on the fence about eloping, do it! :)

Sent on 12/21/2019

Nabil · Married on 10/20/2019

Maddie Mae was amazing to work with! My husband and I had never gotten engagement shoot, so I knew I wanted a special person to capture our anniversary shoot. When we first moved to CO, I looked through 50+ photographers on Instagram and read all the reviews. For a person like myself, I knew what mattered would be capturing our true relationship on camera, as well as a genuine attitude to have fun and adventure! TBH, what I first look for in a photographer is their style of photography and capturing natural light! Completely fell in love with Maddie’s pictures at first sight!
    Contacted her in December, and we planned since then to shoot in March. From then on, she sent us ideas of locations where to shoot, how to prepare, and other suggestions (hair, clothing, etc.) For an A-type personality like me, I loved the information and advice while planning!
    From when we first met in-person, Maddie won me over by putting us at ease about how this shoot should be about us. Our shoot is now one of our favorite memories of my husband and I! She never made us feel awkward in front of the camera, made it wonderfully fun, and I fell in love with all our photos! Neither of us are naturals in front of a lens, but she definitely blew us away with the high quality of our shoot! Our family and friends all commented on how beautiful the pictures were!
    Maddie Mae is such a caring person, and truly cares about capturing what you two truly have. I’m incredibly grateful and relieved we chose Maddie as our photographer! We have unforgettable memories of our adventure shoot, as well as amazing photos to keep! BOOK HER! You won’t regret it!

Adventure Instead 7
    Adventure Instead 15
    Sent on 04/12/2018

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Adventure Instead FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 4400
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    One Event / Day
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 6500
    One Event / Day
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Film
    Natural
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
    Vintage
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Slideshow
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums