Adventure Instead Reviews

Adventure Instead 6
Adventure Instead 7
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 07/27/2019

Adventure Instead and Maddie Mae are AMAZING!

Working with Maddie Mae of Adventure Instead was absolutely one of the best choices we could have made for our wedding. She brings an organizational skill, professionalism, resourcefulness and enthusiasm that is unparalleled and so necessary when planning a wedding! From reading the Adventure Instead website, blog, and IG posts, I could tell that we shared a common idea of what makes a wedding day special and great. Throughout the planning process, Maddie did so much to get to know us, understand our wants/needs, and take so much care in the planning process. She really thought of everything! She also made great recommendations for hair/makeup artist (didn't think ANYONE would come to our cabin at 1am, but she knew someone!) and helped the day go so smoothly. The day-of, she came to our cabin at 2:15am and brought an AMAZING energy to the day. My husband and I were immediately at ease. Our day could not have gone better, the hike was a BLAST, Maddie was so sweet to our dog and found such a great way to incorporate him, we got to our spot right as the sun was starting to come up and the photos were INCREDIBLE. She reminded us to be present, take in the moment, and gave us so many intimate moments to say our vows and do our ring exchange. It really was the perfect day and all of our family and friends are raving about the photos. Would love to work with Maddie again and again and again!

Sent on 07/17/2019
    Adventure Instead 8
    Adventure Instead 9
    Adventure Instead 10
  • Sami

Sami Rae · Married on 07/26/2019

Best. Ever.

If you are on the fence about choosing Adventure Instead because of price or you feel anxious about where you’d go - anything - stop what you’re doing right now (well, maybe after this review) and reach out to Maddie, Amber or Tori. I am telling you choosing Adventure Instead was hands down the best decision we have ever made. My husband and I knew we wanted our wedding day to be about US. Spending quality time together, making memories without any stress and staying authentic. We also wanted wedding photos that looked like art. What Tori gave us was beyond our wildest dreams. From the very second we reached out, she helped us feel good about the cost and start brainstorming badass locations based on our lifestyle and the things we like. I cannot stress enough that you get what you pay for. 100% and much much more. Tori says in contact with you the entire time, she’s up for anything and it seems like is continually doing research to make sure you don’t have to worry about a THING. She even was so kind to stop on her way from another wedding a couple months before ours and scout out our location, find a perfect first look spot and send us videos of the whole thing!! She’s so flexible with you and your family and just seriously the sweetest lil badass you’ve ever met. The day of we were nervous because we aren’t super lovey dovey in public. Not only does she give you lots of time to soak it all in, but she takes the time to encourage you both to hold hands, reflect and be in the moment. I was nervous about posing and EVERY day thing suggests or captures turned out unbelievable!! Oh, another thing we were on the fence about is wanting to be alone with nature to say our vows BUT also wanted not to be close to a town to spend the weekend. She helped us find both! A beautiful secluded canyon top and then jumped in her car and followed our limo from the trailhead to an orchard! My family adored her and you become to comfortable you forget she’s running, climbing and jumping around capturing the best lighting and the best moments. I really feel like the whole process of choosing Adventure Instead brought my husband and I closer together. From start to finish it’s truly such a memorable, personal and special experience. My family and friends who experienced it all want to or wish they would have eloped. Our wedding day truly wouldn’t have been the same if it weren’t for Tori and Adventure Instead. Check out Adventure Instead’s Instagram page and look for Sami and Trey to see what I’m describing (he’ll be in the cowboy hat) ELOPE! :)

Sent on 10/22/2019
    Adventure Instead 17
    Adventure Instead 18

Jesi Tassava · Married on 10/17/2018

Amazing Experience!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Maddie Mae Photography! I realized a few years ago that I did not want to have a big, traditional wedding and I stumbled upon Maddie Mae Photography's Instagram page. I immediately knew that I wanted to have an adventure elopement. When we began working with Amber, she helped us choose a location by getting to know us as a couple as well as our desires for our wedding day. She provided us with tons of information regarding what to wear, flower options, local makeup options, etc...They practically became our wedding planners! We are pretty shy individuals who had never had professionals photo of us taken before, so we were a bit nervous about spending our wedding day with a photographer we had never met before. However, Amber was so incredibly nice and genuine, that we had absolutely nothing to be worried about! She was amazing to work with and made us feel so comfortable. And the best part is, our wedding photos turned out better than we could have ever dreamed. They truly captured the essence of our wedding day. I would recommend Maddie Mae Photography to anyone and everyone who is thinking about eloping on their wedding day!

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • Megan

Megan Larson · Married on 10/12/2018

Unique wedding day experience!

It's difficult to write a review that does Maddie's work justice. Hiring Maddie as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made! The day before our wedding the ferry running to the island we were supposed to say our vows was canceled due to weather. Last minute, she helped us find a secluded cave less than 2 minutes from our place for the ceremony, and a few "off the beaten path" waterfalls for photos. She went above and beyond to turn a stressful situation into a positive. She was instrumental in making the experience fun and stress free, and the results show that. Having her around for the day was like having an old friend around. Hire Maddie! You won't regret it!

Sent on 01/16/2019
    Adventure Instead 19
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 10/06/2018

We are so lucky to have had Maddie capture our wedding day!! Eloping was something we always wanted to do but making sure it was captured in the best way possible was super important to us (I'm also a wedding photographer, so photography was very high on my priority list). Maddie captured our day perfectly. She was helpful from the very beginning of booking her all the way to the days leading up to our elopement. She has a wonderful way with words to put us at ease and in the moment to get all the best shots. Looking back on our photos it feels like we are reliving the moment and I couldn't ask for anything more!

Sent on 09/27/2018
    Adventure Instead 20
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/06/2018

Search no more!

We visited WY in July 2018 for our small wedding. We are from MD so we planned our entire trip via social media, web research & a lot of Trip Advisor reviews! We found Maddie Mae Photography through Instagram. Go ahead &treat yourself, take a look at their work. The photos are moody, dramatic, clean & artistic. After our first inquiry, we had a phone date with Amber so we could get to know each other. She is easy to talk to & sooo happy! We were excited to move ahead. Planning a destination wedding blind is tough! We invited 12 close family members along with us so we wanted to make our time together unforgettable. Amber helped us by making suggestions for restaurants, for our day ahead engagement shoot as well as our ceremony location. We kept in touch A LOT! It felt like she really cared about our day as much as we did. Once we finalized our details, it was time to make our long trip west. We met Amber for the very first time the day before our wedding. She is absolutely the cutest thing, super smiley & having never had professional pictures taken of us before - she made that so very easy on us. We shared an Oxbow Bend sunrise, explored Signal Mountain & ran through a wide open field with the Tetons as our backdrop. WHAT?! We saw a bear, a coyote, Elk & even a wild chicken doing a mating dance for a seemingly annoyed female who already had a baby to care for. Laughter was a big part of that morning. Amber planned to come to our VRBO on wedding day at 3pm, sure enough, right on time! She went unnoticed & made sure to get all the details photographed. She was able to capture our calm morning/early afternoon at home with our family perfectly. When it was time to leave, she pitched in just like a best friend would & helped us gather needed items then joined in the caravan to Schwabacher's Landing (a must see!). We hadn't thought for one minute about possible rain. Wouldn't you know it, the storm came & stayed just long enough for our entire ceremony. A hiccup that could easily ruin any brides big moment, was easily quickly tempered with Amber's calm & cool approach. She made my husband feel confident as he was setting up the landing for our ceremony then came to get me in the car & said "If we're going to do this, let's do it now." Her mood set the tone & we had the most epic wedding day. Our entire group was drenched, but boy were we smiling! Afterward, we were blessed with DOUBLE rainbow. Looking at Amber as we were basking in the after wedding love glow was a highlight. She was smiling from ear to ear, so incredibly happy to be doing what she loves with people who are in love. I can't express how much that meant to us. Having flown across the country, sight unseen, hiring a complete stranger to capture our most precious event we couldn't have been more confident we made the right choice in Maddie Mae Photography. We were lucky enough to work with Amber & our trip to WY is burned in our memory as the best trip of our lives. She was a big part of that & she's an absolute gem. She got our photos to us quicker than the projected timeline. They are ridiculous good! Do yourself a favor & just hire Maddie Mae Photography, you'll die from happiness. You're welcome!

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • Krishanda

Krishanda · Married on 10/06/2018

Best Day of Our Lives

Karson and I want to thank you for being a part of such a special time in our lives. We are absolutely thrilled with our photos. They are breathtaking! Our memories of that day will always come to life through your photos. We apologize for taking so long to write this, as we didn’t know how we could possibly write anything good enough to portray your talent and kindness. We are so happy that fate crossed our paths.

We started planning a traditional wedding and soon found ourselves stressed and unhappy. We felt like we were being lost in the midst of an event not meant for us, but for everyone else. It felt material. We lost sight of what we truly wanted and that was to be together, in love saying our vows. I think every girl dreams of their wedding day and the planning that goes with it, but I quickly started not to care. It was burdensome, tiring and made us unhappy. Then I saw the photos you took of a couple that had gotten married on Mt. Evans and something clicked in me. Why were we even doing this?

I found your website, your Instagram and read many of your posts. We were deeply inspired. Your explanations of elopements took the words we couldn’t find right out of our mouths. You captured pure joy in every couple you photographed. We saw nothing but authenticity. You made us realize that we didn’t have to follow tradition and that we could create a day that was truly ours, meaningful to who we are.

It was decided, we were no longer going to plan a traditional wedding that never felt right. We were going to get married doing the very thing that has brought us joy and happiness over the eight years we have shared our lives. We were going to get married somewhere that made us feel small, that took our breath away.

From that point on we felt such relief and the excitement we once had for our wedding day had returned. The planning was fun, carefree and all about us and what we wanted. Maddie answered every question we had and offered an abundance of advice and suggestions on wedding attire, location, food, and activities. She is truly an expert and had thought of everything. You know from the very moment you book her that you will be taken care of down the even the smallest of detail. Her knowledge was astonishing, and she was only a quick email, text or call away. We couldn’t wait for our day to arrive.

Soon the day came, and we met Maddie for the first time just before 2 am. Her infectious personality made it effortless to enjoy her company. She made us feel not like clients, but like friends. She was beyond prepared with extra blankets, coats, gloves, hand warmers, you name it and she likely had it. Luckily, we hadn’t forgotten anything ourselves, but it was nice to know that if we had we would have been taken care of.

Maddie didn’t waste any time starting to take pictures of the entire journey from the moment we started four wheeling up the trail to the moment we reached the bottom over 8 hours later on our way back to our condo. The second she started snapping photos, I knew how truly excited she was to be there. This wasn’t a job for her, but a true passion. I felt like the day was going to bring her just as much joy as it would bring us. It is a truly different feeling to know that someone cares that deeply. I had wondered if our photos would ever turn out as well as her others, or if she would be just as proud of the photos, she took of us as she was her countless other couples. All those worries slipped away when we reached the lake and started getting ready.

Maddie has this knack for bringing out the best in you, for making you smile endlessly. I felt like the most beautiful person on Earth that day. I can be so awkward in photos and that was one of my biggest concerns. I was worried that there was no way I could take such pretty pictures. It was impossible to have even the slightest moment for thoughts like that while you were with Maddie. She coached and moved you in a way that didn’t feel posed, or unnatural and she made it fun, and meaningful.

The day was truly amazing and one we are sure not to forget, not only because it was our wedding day, but because we laughed, we cried and truly had a blast. We were exhausted with happiness. It was everything our hearts desired and we simply could not have done it without Maddie.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Lauryn · Married on 08/18/2018

My husband and I are both in agreement that hiring Maddie was without a doubt the best decision we made for our wedding! Maddie is so much more than a photographer - she found us an amazing trail to hike for our photos, helped create a realistic day-of timeline, and even patiently taught me how to drive on rough 4WD roads on the way to the trailhead.

Maddie goes above and beyond what you would expect from a wedding/elopement photographer. She provides so much detailed information that wouldn't have even crossed my mind in the planning process. What kind of dress do you wear for an adventure elopement? What do you pack? How do you do your hair and makeup while hiking? She's seriously got it all covered in the files she sends you.

So not only is Maddie amazingly detail oriented, she's also super easy to get along with. My husband and I are both shy, introverted, and a little awkward in front of a camera. We were instantly comfortable with Maddie; she gave us such a great pep talk right at the beginning that almost made us forget there was even a camera. We had such an amazing time hiking and exploring with Maddie on our wedding day.

Even if you're not exactly sure what you want to do for your intimate wedding/adventure elopement, just talk to Maddie. She's got such a wealth of experience and seemingly endless great ideas; you really can't go wrong. After just one conversation with Maddie you can see just how passionate she is about her work. Just five stars doesn't do Maddie justice; she's an incredible photographer and person.

Sent on 08/31/2018
    Adventure Instead 21
    Adventure Instead 22
    Adventure Instead 23
    Adventure Instead 24
    Adventure Instead 25

Katie Bernard · Married on 08/06/2018

What an Adventure

Maddie is genuinely the kindest person you will ever meet. Her virtues are so true and she deeply believes in the concept of eloping and you can see that from her photos. We haven’t even received our sunrise elopement album yet but I am leaving this review now because she meant that much for us (plus I know they will be amazing). She felt like family just tagging along with us on our hike and even tolerated our high maitenance loud mouth dog! She is so knowledgeable and great at what she does. If I could give her 400 stars I would!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Haley · Married on 07/27/2018

Maddie is AMAZING. I had not idea what to expect, she actually made our wedding day about us! She made us feel 100% comfortable, it was not awkward in front of the camera at all. She had so many different exercises we could do as a couple to connect and be in the moment on our big day which can be hard to do. She kept taking us back and slowing us down so we could enjoy the moment with eachother and not get caught up in the fast paced wedding day schedule, not to mention she is amazingly talented and as soon as I met her I knew I had nothing to worry about. She captured everything single detail and more! She is such a sweetheart. My best decision of my wedding as far as vendors go :D

Sent on 10/01/2018
  • Angel

Angel Hollon · Married on 07/16/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

If you are looking for a wedding/elopement that is the most amazing, adventurous, intimate, and meaningful day of your life, look no more! Maddie is absolutely the photographer for you! Not many people, let alone photographers, want to hike up to 13,000 feet at 3 am for the sunrise, but Maddie is up for challenge!
    Initially my husband and I were going to have a big wedding which made us feel anxious since we find peace in being outside and alone with our dogs. It took 5 minutes of me stumbling across Maddie’s website to determine that a hiking elopement was a better fit for my husband and I, and that Maddie was our girl! Her images capture the beauty of a couple and the outdoors perfectly.
    After reaching out to Maddie we immediately felt comfortable and confident with her and the advice she gave.She was ready to go on any hike no matter the challenge and was also excited that we wanted to bring our dogs with us! Maddie helped us by providing a document full of locations and options we could use for our hike and small ceremony as well as advice for hair and makeup, flowers, and clothing. She is extremely knowledgeable on the timing of the day and her preparedness mixed with her enthusiasm made us feel beyond excited for our day.
    On our elopement day we met Maddie at the trailhead at 3 am to begin our hike up to 13,200 feet. My husband and I are generally camera shy, but Maddie made us feel comfortable. She really is a pro at coaching you through and giving direction of what to do. She also encouraged us to explore around the trail which made for some awesome memories and shots. It was so magical and we are thankful that she included our dogs in the photos as well! After our hike we had a small ceremony at the trailhead. Maddie choose the perfect spot for us to setup and was great with our family as well.
    The photos from our day are breathtaking. Maddie was able to capture our love for each other and the outdoors. This girl really knows what she is doing! Our photos remind us of the most perfect and fun day.
    Maddie is truly a gem and we absolutely recommend her if you want to have an intimate, adventurous, and beautiful day.

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Adventure Instead 31
    Adventure Instead 32
    Adventure Instead 33

Amy · Married on 07/09/2018

I can not say enough about the amazing photos Amber from Maddie Mae Photography did and how helpful she was leading up to the photo shoot. First-we planned this in a month and we had one day in Rocky Mountain National Park to figure this out! The photos are so magical it leaves me breathless each and every time. We still can't figure out which photos we love the most-true artwork. Amber was so helpful leading up to the day, it was like having an elopement planner. When I started stressing, she had already pulled together the most comprehensive set of ideas, locations, timelines, and hikes into an amazing portfolio to help us narrow down our decisions. On questions from dress, style location, timeline she was there to help. Her artistic ability is amazing.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Nabil · Married on 03/06/2018

Maddie Mae was amazing to work with! My husband and I had never gotten engagement shoot, so I knew I wanted a special person to capture our anniversary shoot. When we first moved to CO, I looked through 50+ photographers on Instagram and read all the reviews. For a person like myself, I knew what mattered would be capturing our true relationship on camera, as well as a genuine attitude to have fun and adventure! TBH, what I first look for in a photographer is their style of photography and capturing natural light! Completely fell in love with Maddie’s pictures at first sight!
    Contacted her in December, and we planned since then to shoot in March. From then on, she sent us ideas of locations where to shoot, how to prepare, and other suggestions (hair, clothing, etc.) For an A-type personality like me, I loved the information and advice while planning!
    From when we first met in-person, Maddie won me over by putting us at ease about how this shoot should be about us. Our shoot is now one of our favorite memories of my husband and I! She never made us feel awkward in front of the camera, made it wonderfully fun, and I fell in love with all our photos! Neither of us are naturals in front of a lens, but she definitely blew us away with the high quality of our shoot! Our family and friends all commented on how beautiful the pictures were!
    Maddie Mae is such a caring person, and truly cares about capturing what you two truly have. I’m incredibly grateful and relieved we chose Maddie as our photographer! We have unforgettable memories of our adventure shoot, as well as amazing photos to keep! BOOK HER! You won’t regret it!

Sent on 04/12/2018
    Adventure Instead 40
    Adventure Instead 41
    Adventure Instead 42

Resa · Married on 09/21/2017

If you are seeking a photographer who is skilled at capturing adventurous elopements, Maddie is your gal. From the time I found Maddie on Instagram and followed her work months prior to my engagement, I knew she had to be our wedding photographer. Her work is incredible. I was even more excited when the opportunity presented itself to finally reach out to Maddie and select her as our photographer. Maddie blew us away when she used Google Earth to show us exactly how the sun would hit each of our potential elopement locations that we had narrowed down, and with her direction that’s exactly how we selected the spot. On the day of our elopement, the trailhead we had selected was unfortunately closed due to an early snowfall but that didn’t stop her from selecting an awesome backup location. The images she captured moved my husband and I because we felt like we were reliving our big day. It’s clear when you see her final work that she’s truly talented and Maddie loves what she does. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience with Maddie that we are already planning to work with her for an anniversary adventure session. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Emily · Married on 09/09/2017

We seriously don't even know how to begin to express how wonderful Maddie has been to us. As a bride who had a huge, hometown wedding planned, I was having extreme anxiety and regret about the whole situation. My husband and I started talking about an intimate wedding instead, and then I found Maddie. She consulted with me immediately (while she was on vacation in Thailand), and I instantly knew that our dream intimate wedding was the way to go. I completely contribute having the confidence to make this decision to Maddie. She talked me through every step of the way, listened to our (and our family's) wants/needs, and tailored our wedding day to be exactly what we dreamed. We hiked the morning of our wedding with Maddie only, and my husband literally said that it felt like we were hiking with an old friend. She will make you feel 100% comfortable and at ease about everything. Our entire family adored her and she worked so well with every one during our intimate wedding day. She made it the best day of our lives. And then... THE PICTURES CAME! As if we weren't already obsessed with her, let me just say that she delivers! Our pictures are absolutely breathtaking. We can't believe that they are actual pictures of us. I can't stop looking at them while crying and laughing because she so perfectly captured every emotion of the day. Our most favorite thing was that Maddie suggested we read our handwritten vows to each other alone while hiking, so that we could have that moment be very intimate and special. We were so glad that we took her advice. We truly feel like that moment, alone with each other in the middle of the Rocky Mountains, was the moment we actually got married. I could go on and on, but seriously just talk to Maddie and you will understand. Maddie is very dedicated to her couple's and making sure that your day is everything you've dreamed of, and we're so thankful that she was part of our day!

Sent on 10/30/2017
    Adventure Instead 43

Clint · Married on 09/02/2017

My wife and I just got married in September of this year. When we think back upon our whole lives and what was one day we would want to relive over and over again, it was our wedding day. As cliché as that sounds, it was absolutely perfect, and Maddie played a huge part in making it so. Months prior to our wedding day, we knew we wanted to travel somewhere for our wedding, and after randomly discovering Maddie on Pinterest, we found a new friend and photographer who worked tirelessly to find a spot that was perfect for us.

The planning process with Maddie was absolutely great. We decided in early summer that we wanted to get married Labor Day weekend, so we felt VERY fortunate that Maddie happened to be available that weekend! She was really accommodating and worked with us on making this special day a reality throughout the whole planning process. She offered us so much guidance and detailed suggestions to help us find the perfect corner of the world for us. Eventually, we landed on Telluride because she had told us the southwest mountains of Colorado were absolutely amazing- and she was so right!

We wanted our day to be very organic and authentic. Maddie was amazing at just rolling with our not-so-planned day. She really does a great job at understanding the vision each couple is looking to achieve on their special day, and she makes that vision into a reality in such creative and beautiful ways. We felt so special and understood by her throughout the entire process of working together.

Basically, when you hire Maddie, you get more than a photographer in a lot of ways. She has so much guidance to give, she genuinely loves the couples she works with, and she is so EASY to LOVE!!! There is literally no one else we could ever imagine having document such a wonderful, magical day.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Erika · Married on 07/15/2017

Maddie went above and beyond to make our day the most incredible day of our lives. We wanted a small, intimate wedding on a mountain in Colorado and after talking with Maddie, we knew that she was the the girl for us! Being from out of state, I had a lot of anxiety about not being familiar with the area but Maddie put my worries at ease and helped me in any way she could. She answered all of our questions and even gave us recommendations on vendors, venues, etc. My husband and I agree that we literally would not have had the wedding of our dreams if it weren't for Maddie. She was so well prepared, took charge of our crazy families (which was MUCH appreciated), gave direction and kept everyone organized and on schedule. She hiked with us at 4 a.m. and even had a sewing kit when the clasp on my dress broke. She took SUCH great care of us throughout the whole day and captured our wedding day in a way that I am convinced no other photographer could have. She was such a sweet and down-to-earth person and made us feel so comfortable and at ease. Our friends and family at the wedding raved about her all day and were so appreciative of her professionalism. I have had so many compliments on our photographs and can't say enough good things about Maddie! She's a dream!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Rachel · Married on 07/08/2017

Maddie is LOVE!
    We were absolutely astonished by how organized and enthusiastic Maddie was when working with her. From start to finish the quality of our conversations never deminished. I knew she was busy but it felt like we were her only client of the year. She is so passionate and so honest. We adore her so much we joke about getting married again, because we had that much fun! Haha

Sent on 11/07/2017
    Adventure Instead 44

Malisa · Married on 06/29/2017

Even before receiving our photos from our intimate elopement in Colorado, we were telling EVERYONE about our amazing photographer, who just so happens to be the wickedly talented Maddie Mae. During our planning process Maddie took the time to send us info and ideas regarding even the smallest details of our ceremony. She is remarkably familiar with the wedding industry and was extremely gracious with her knowledge and connections with businesses in the Colorado area. When we ran into some issues with location due to unexpected weather less than two weeks before our date, Maddie was flexible and immediately on the hunt to find a similar location that had the same seclusion, accessibility, and landscape we were after.

The day of, Maddie took so many incredible images of the two of us feeling comfortable, natural and in a state of pure post-nuptial bliss. We are so grateful to have had Maddie work her magic and capture those moments that we can look back at treasure for a lifetime. We wouldn't have had our elopement any other way. The experience of having Maddie facilitate and photograph one of the most significant events in our lives was out of this world. If you're looking for adventure and phenomenal photo documentation of said adventure, Maddie is your go-to gal.

Sent on 10/30/2017
    Adventure Instead 45

Kari · Married on 06/27/2017

We were so excited when we chose Maddie Mae as our wedding photographer. We planned an adventurous elopement on a mountaintop in Canada, and since no one would be there, it was paramount to us that the pictures that we had captured the beauty, emotion, and experience of the day for our friends and family. That was what we saw and felt in Maddie's work, and when our day came, she NAILED IT. Her skills are absolutely unmatched, and everyone who saw our pictures was just blown away. And her enthusiasm on the day, her adventurous spirit, and her obvious joy in her work really made it so enjoyable to work with her and created an atmosphere to really capture fantastic pictures! Every time we look at our pictures we relive the best day of our life all over again. All of our friends and family who may have been a bit sad that we didn't have a traditional wedding, upon seeing our pictures all said--Ah, I get it now. So many people we know said it looked like the coolest wedding ever--because Maddie was able to perfectly capture the essence of a truly amazing day!

Sent on 10/03/2017
    Adventure Instead 46

Kendra · Married on 06/20/2017

There is no better way to get married than to plan your elopement with Maddie. We felt like we won the lottery when we contacted Maddie while she was in Europe, and she agreed to photograph our elopement just six weeks later! After learning about what we envisioned, she provided us with a packet of location options, and all the details we could hope for to help us make our choice. She let us choose every last detail of our day, but she was extremely helpful and knowledgeable when we just wanted her expert opinion. Maddie made our day feel like a dream. She is so passionate about couples getting to have the experience of a lifetime, and we truly couldn’t have done it without her. She had packed everything I forgot. She found the most amazing, private place we had ever seen for our ceremony. We were completely comfortable having her with us as we laughed, cried, and held onto each other. One of the best parts of working with Maddie was getting to show our photos to our family and friends afterwards. The photos told the story of our day so well, and it meant so much to them that they could experience it that way. I am forever grateful to Maddie, because I know we would not have such epic memories of our day had it not been for her. And also, for the photos. The beautiful, incredible photos.

Sent on 10/28/2017
    Adventure Instead 51
    Adventure Instead 52
    Adventure Instead 53

Siiri · Married on 06/17/2017

After becoming very overwhelmed with how many photographers are out there , I had found Maddie Mae Photography. I knew instantly, without even talking to her, that I wanted her to capture our big day. By looking through her portfolio, I could see her passion and the couples love captured.

On the day of our wedding my husband and I were very nervous, we can be awkward in photos and have no idea what we were "supposed" to be doing. Maddie isn't about "a pose" or what lighting makes you look best. She reminded us of why we were here, in this exact moment. She lead us down memory lane of our love and everything was so natural from their.

After working with her on our wedding, we knew that all the photos would be amazing, even without seeing them. She made it very natural and LITERALLY captured our love. I look at photos now and they can still make me cry, laugh, and smile. She is the best photographer we have ever had the pleasure of working with. She is genuinely passionate about each interaction she has.

Sent on 10/25/2017
    Adventure Instead 58
    Adventure Instead 59
    Adventure Instead 60

Justin · Married on 06/09/2017

We are very pleased with Maddie's work. She crafted a delightful and meaningful shoot that went better than we could have hoped. A wonderful talent.

Sent on 11/03/2017

Amber · Married on 06/08/2017

Maddie Mae is a truly gifted artist and an amazing professional who goes above and beyond for her clients from the beginning to end. My husband and I are so grateful that we were able to book Maddie for our intimate, sunrise elopement in the Rocky Mountains. As two somewhat awkward introverts, we wanted to make sure our photographer had the right personality to put us at ease in front of the camera but also respect the intimacy of the moments we were sharing, and it was immediately clear that Maddie was the perfect choice. Not only was she instrumental in planning the details, but she also made that day much more special than it would have been without her presence. We seriously had so much fun with her, and she captured every moment perfectly. Our photos turned out more beautiful than we could ever have imagined, and we will be forever grateful to Maddie for her work.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Mikayla · Married on 05/25/2017

Maddie was so patient with us as we figured out the type of day we wanted. Additionally, she was a HUGE help when weather would not allow us to have the experience we initially pictured (lots of snow in late May). Instead, Jared and I had a day that could not have been any more magical and we owe that all to Maddie. She is so kind and fun! All of our family and friends are still showing their friends and coworkers pictures of our day almost 6 months later! Maddie's pictures are so timeless and accurately captured our personalities and love for each other! She is invaluable and I could not picture my day going any differently or in the company of anyone else-it was truly a dream. Thanks Maddie!!

Sent on 10/27/2017