Kristy May Photography

Roselle Park, NJ View map

My Philosophy

I specialize in providing couples with an intimate approach to their wedding photography needs, pre, post, and day of. Your experience is very important to me. I want my couples and their families to enjoy as much of their wedding as possible. Therefore, outside of a few portraits, I work as inconspicuously as possible because it is your wedding day, not a photo shoot! I also believe that wedding photography should be classic in nature, meant to look beautiful decades from now. Therefore, I don't rely on trendy filters, post-processing or funky lenses and I only offer the highest quality albums and print options.

I really do love photographing weddings and truly believe I have found my calling. Somehow I keep finding the most amazing clients. Perhaps you will be one?

My Background

I started photography in high school and eventually worked as a photojournalist at a small paper in Southern Louisiana post college. Then a Fulbright grant took me to Berlin, Germany, where I worked for the Associated Press and later, Hurricane Katrina sent me to New York to work as the digital assistant for a National Geographic photographer, Ira Block. In 2008, I received a masters in digital photography from The School of Visual Arts. I am an adjunct professor at the Fashion Institute of Technology and teach a course in Multimedia Portfolios for Photographers.

Along the way, my work has been published in various places, including: Well Wed, Culture, Saveur, Apartment Therapy, Edible New Orleans, NRC Handelsblad, Newsday, AM New York, Time Out Kids, Time Out Eating and Drinking Guide 2008 and more!

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Toning

2nd Shooter
Multi. Locations
One Event / Day
Toning
Flush Mount
Proofs

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Engagement Shoot
One Event / Day
Second Shooter
Slideshow

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Flush Mount
Matted Prints
Prints

• Camille
    Camille M. Married on 06/25/2022

The Best Choice for Photography!

We had the best elopement ever thanks to Kristy May! She was super professional, fantastic photos, and a joy to spend time with on such a spectacular day - sweet, easy-going, and thoughtful. Kristy completely knows the ins and outs of an NYC City Hall ceremony and the venues nearby for photos. She made the day a smooth and super enjoyable ride that we will never forget! Thank you, Kristy, for capturing our special day with such grace, depth, and expertise. We wish you could capture our wedding in Copenhagen next year!

Kristy May Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! It was a pleasure photographing your day! Your wedding in Copenhagen will be amazing for sure. :)
    Kristy
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa B. Married on 08/28/2021

Still in awe from the entire experience

We got engaged at the height of the pandemic, and although it was perfect in every way, coronavirus really dragged on the excitement of it all. Planning a wedding so far into the future makes the whole experience just feel strange because it’s so far away. To heighten the excitement a bit, we reached out to Kristy for an engagement photo shoot. We were blown away by the entire experience! We felt comfortable instantly and all the photos reflect my fiancé and I so perfectly. We would recommend Kristy to anyone! We honestly stare at the photos everyday because we are still in disbelief by how beautiful they came out. She’s a rockstar!
  • Matt
    Matt G. Married on 06/27/2021

Terrific photographer for our small wedding

We had a small wedding at a venue where Kristy had worked before. She was fantastic! She was flexible on stuff that mattered to us in the hiring and contracting process, she was incredibly easy to work with, she had a great presence on the day of the event, and most importantly she got us fantastic pictures of everyone present and all the key moments, and got the final product to us even faster than promised. We would recommend her to anyone!

Kristy May Photography's reply:

It was really a pleasure photographing your wedding. Thank you for allowing me to document your special day and loved ones.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Officiant NYC Officiant NYC Wedding Officiants

I have worked with Kristy May many times. She is very professional and her photography is beautiful and always artistic. I would highly recommend her to any couple.

• Officiant NYC
    Rating 5.0 out of 5 , 438 Reviews
    · Wedding Officiants

112 Berwyn Street Roselle Park, NJ, 07204
Location of (Kristy May Photography)

Other vendors in Central Jersey for your wedding