Roselle Park, NJ 07204 Map · Phone number

About Kristy May Photography

My Philosophy

I specialize in providing couples with an intimate approach to their wedding photography needs, pre, post, and day of. Your experience is very important to me. I want my couples and their families to enjoy as much of their wedding as possible. Therefore, outside of a few portraits, I work as inconspicuously as possible because it is your wedding day, not a photo shoot! I also believe that wedding photography should be classic in nature, meant to look beautiful decades from now. Therefore, I don't rely on trendy filters, post-processing or funky lenses and I only offer the highest quality albums and print options.

I really do love photographing weddings and truly believe I have found my calling. Somehow I keep finding the most amazing clients. Perhaps you will be one?

My Background

I started photography in high school and eventually worked as a photojournalist at a small paper in Southern Louisiana post college. Then a Fulbright grant took me to Berlin, Germany, where I worked for the Associated Press and later, Hurricane Katrina sent me to New York to work as the digital assistant for a National Geographic photographer, Ira Block. In 2008, I received a masters in digital photography from The School of Visual Arts. I am an adjunct professor at the Fashion Institute of Technology and teach a course in Multimedia Portfolios for Photographers.

Along the way, my work has been published in various places, including: Well Wed, Culture, Saveur, Apartment Therapy, Edible New Orleans, NRC Handelsblad, Newsday, AM New York, Time Out Kids, Time Out Eating and Drinking Guide 2008 and more!

Follow Kristy May Photography on

2012PORT022
2012PORT003

45 Reviews for Kristy May Photography

Suzanne · Married on 09/13/2017

Absolutely nothing but praise!! We eloped and had a private, just the two of us, very romantic, ceremony in Central Park, NY. Kristy was able to capture every precious moment. I do not like to be the center of attention, and worried about feeling awkward in front of the camera, but she was able to make me feel comfortable and at ease. Not once posing felt forced, all felt very natural. We were really able to enjoy our wedding day together. We visited 3 locations in a 3 hour window, all well planned by Kristy, who kept track of time, no stress or fuzz for us. We were able to visit all locations on our wishlist and got great pics at all of them. She has a very keen eye for details and the best light. Our family and friends, we were not with us on our day, loved the pictures and almost felt like they were part of the day. I highly recommend Kristy, a professional, easygoing and flexible photographer, who will capture your wedding day in the most fantastic manner and will give you beautiful memories!

Mikayla · Married on 08/26/2017

We absolutely love our wedding photos! Kristy did an amazing job capturing every detail of our day. She was so easy to work with and was quick to get us sneak peek pictures before we left for our honeymoon! We would highly recommend Kristy!

Kim · Married on 07/02/2017

We were so lucky to find Kristy for our wedding pictures. Prior to our wedding ( we live in Canada and were being married in NYC) I had multiple conversations with Kristy by phone and email. She always responded and or set up a time that we could chat. Kristy was very friendly and very knowledgeable about Central Park (where we were married) which made it great for us as she knew all the good spots for iconic pictures which is what we were looking for. Kristy was in contact when we got home and told us when to expect our pictures for downloading. After a few days she sent us a quick peek of a few pictures which was nice to see. And to my surprise when the pictures did come there was a great little video as well!! We were very happy with Kristy the day of our wedding and I would highly recommend her for your special day. She certainly made ours!! Thanks again Kristy!!

Sent on 11/06/2017
    Kristy May Photography 1

Kristy May Photography's reply:

Thanks Kim! It was my pleasure being part of your day and taking your wedding photos! :)

Kristy May Photography FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Slideshow, Toning, Digital Files, Proofs
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Slideshow, Toning, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow

• Officiant NYC
    Officiant NYC Wedding Officiants

I have worked with Kristy May many times. She is very professional and her photography is beautiful and always artistic. I would highly recommend her to any couple.

• Roselle Park, NJ 07204 See on map