Roselle Park, NJ 07204 Map · Phone number

About Kristy May Photography

My Philosophy

I specialize in providing couples with an intimate approach to their wedding photography needs, pre, post, and day of. Your experience is very important to me. I want my couples and their families to enjoy as much of their wedding as possible. Therefore, outside of a few portraits, I work as inconspicuously as possible because it is your wedding day, not a photo shoot! I also believe that wedding photography should be classic in nature, meant to look beautiful decades from now. Therefore, I don't rely on trendy filters, post-processing or funky lenses and I only offer the highest quality albums and print options.

I really do love photographing weddings and truly believe I have found my calling. Somehow I keep finding the most amazing clients. Perhaps you will be one?

My Background

I started photography in high school and eventually worked as a photojournalist at a small paper in Southern Louisiana post college. Then a Fulbright grant took me to Berlin, Germany, where I worked for the Associated Press and later, Hurricane Katrina sent me to New York to work as the digital assistant for a National Geographic photographer, Ira Block. In 2008, I received a masters in digital photography from The School of Visual Arts. I am an adjunct professor at the Fashion Institute of Technology and teach a course in Multimedia Portfolios for Photographers.

Along the way, my work has been published in various places, including: Well Wed, Culture, Saveur, Apartment Therapy, Edible New Orleans, NRC Handelsblad, Newsday, AM New York, Time Out Kids, Time Out Eating and Drinking Guide 2008 and more!

Follow Kristy May Photography on

Kristy May Photography 6
Kristy May Photography 7

Anne Anderson · Married on 12/01/2018

Kristy is the BEST!

Kristy and her team were absolutely spectacular to work with. They were so efficient, and captured AMAZING shots, but I never felt that I was being taken away from the main action/fun of the day, which was exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 12/19/2018
  • Shelley

Shelley Hynd · Married on 10/25/2018

Simply Amazing!

I have nothing but praise for Kristy! She is everything we had hoped for in a photographer, and more. Her work is simply stunning. We spent a long time looking for a photographer, we knew what we wanted from our photos, but it was so hard to find with a reasonable budget. Kristy's work is far superior to others we've looked at, some at double or near triple her price point. She is so lovely to work with, so friendly and very knowledgeable. This was great for us as we are from the UK, so having the chance to work with someone who knows great locations, or how to put together timelines for the day makes the whole things so much easier. We had a few hiccups on the day (family getting lost in Central Park, food trucks parking and ruining pictures!), but Kristy kept everything on track, and kept us on time for getting to each location. We had Kristy for 8 hours, I think she called it an epic elopement (a term we love!). She made us feel happy and comfortable all day. She pointed out small things such as, when I had to touch up my make up on my nose, that had gone red due to the cold. We now have a huge folder of pictures that are more beautiful than we could have hoped for, and that we will cherish forever! You won't be disappointed if you hire Kristy for your big day.

Sent on 12/12/2018
    Kristy May Photography 8
    Kristy May Photography 9
    Kristy May Photography 10
    Kristy May Photography 11

Diana Z. · Married on 09/15/2018

Kristy was a dream come true!

While looking for photographers, we had a budget in mind that seemed to be too little for what we wanted. Everything we liked was way out of our price range, double and higher. Then we came across Kristy May. her work was exactly what we wanted, executed more beautifully than anything we had seen by far, and yet affordable. Her professionalism and pleasant demeanor were also part of what made working with her a true delight. Since our wedding we have received our photos and they are everything we could have dreamed of. If you want a photographer who will capture every memorable moment of your special day, and allow you to actually enjoy it, Kristy is the photographer you want.

Sent on 10/20/2018
    Kristy May Photography 12

Kristy May Photography FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Slideshow, Toning, Digital Files, Proofs
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Slideshow, Toning, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow

• Officiant NYC
    Officiant NYC Wedding Officiants

I have worked with Kristy May many times. She is very professional and her photography is beautiful and always artistic. I would highly recommend her to any couple.

• Roselle Park, 07204 See on map