112 Berwyn Street, Roselle Park, NJ 07204 Map · Phone number

About Kristy May Photography

My Philosophy

I specialize in providing couples with an intimate approach to their wedding photography needs, pre, post, and day of. Your experience is very important to me. I want my couples and their families to enjoy as much of their wedding as possible. Therefore, outside of a few portraits, I work as inconspicuously as possible because it is your wedding day, not a photo shoot! I also believe that wedding photography should be classic in nature, meant to look beautiful decades from now. Therefore, I don't rely on trendy filters, post-processing or funky lenses and I only offer the highest quality albums and print options.

I really do love photographing weddings and truly believe I have found my calling. Somehow I keep finding the most amazing clients. Perhaps you will be one?

My Background

I started photography in high school and eventually worked as a photojournalist at a small paper in Southern Louisiana post college. Then a Fulbright grant took me to Berlin, Germany, where I worked for the Associated Press and later, Hurricane Katrina sent me to New York to work as the digital assistant for a National Geographic photographer, Ira Block. In 2008, I received a masters in digital photography from The School of Visual Arts. I am an adjunct professor at the Fashion Institute of Technology and teach a course in Multimedia Portfolios for Photographers.

Along the way, my work has been published in various places, including: Well Wed, Culture, Saveur, Apartment Therapy, Edible New Orleans, NRC Handelsblad, Newsday, AM New York, Time Out Kids, Time Out Eating and Drinking Guide 2008 and more!

Follow Kristy May Photography on

ln sneak20 a 51 441999 157670204337747

69 Reviews for Kristy May Photography

• Alyssa

Alyssa B. · Getting married on 08/28/2021

Still in awe from the entire experience

We got engaged at the height of the pandemic, and although it was perfect in every way, coronavirus really dragged on the excitement of it all. Planning a wedding so far into the future makes the whole experience just feel strange because it’s so far away. To heighten the excitement a bit, we reached out to Kristy for an engagement photo shoot. We were blown away by the entire experience! We felt comfortable instantly and all the photos reflect my fiancé and I so perfectly. We would recommend Kristy to anyone! We honestly stare at the photos everyday because we are still in disbelief by how beautiful they came out. She’s a rockstar!

Sent on 12/30/2020
  • Kathy

Kathy O. · Married on 02/05/2021

Wonderful Pictures

Wonderful experience.. She really cares about her clients and wants to leave lasting memories of the wedding

Sent on 12/29/2019
  • Harry

Harry A. · Married on 12/12/2020

It felt like a friend was taking our pictures.

Kristy beautifully captured our special day. She elegantly captured the mood and tone of our day by taking the time to investigate what we were looking for and we were pleased to take her direction and guidance. Kristy was calm, caring and knowledgable it felt like a friend was taking our pictures. The online payment process and collection/download of our pictures was very straight forward.

Sent on 01/06/2020

Kristy May Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this review! It was a pleasure photographing your wedding day. I always want to get to know what my clients are looking for so I can personalize their experience as much as possible. I'm so pleased you had a good experience. Best wishes!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Kristy May Photography FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Toning
    2nd Shooter
    Multi. Locations
    One Event / Day
    Toning
    Flush Mount
    Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    One Event / Day
    Second Shooter
    Slideshow
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Prints

• Officiant NYC Wedding Officiants

I have worked with Kristy May many times. She is very professional and her photography is beautiful and always artistic. I would highly recommend her to any couple.

• 112 Berwyn Street Roselle Park, NJ, 07204 See on map
    Location of (Kristy May Photography)