Kristy May Photography Reviews

69 | Roselle Park, NJ

69 Reviews for Kristy May Photography

• Alyssa

Alyssa B. · Getting married on 08/28/2021

Still in awe from the entire experience

We got engaged at the height of the pandemic, and although it was perfect in every way, coronavirus really dragged on the excitement of it all. Planning a wedding so far into the future makes the whole experience just feel strange because it’s so far away. To heighten the excitement a bit, we reached out to Kristy for an engagement photo shoot. We were blown away by the entire experience! We felt comfortable instantly and all the photos reflect my fiancé and I so perfectly. We would recommend Kristy to anyone! We honestly stare at the photos everyday because we are still in disbelief by how beautiful they came out. She’s a rockstar!

Sent on 12/30/2020
  • Kathy

Kathy O. · Married on 02/05/2021

Wonderful Pictures

Wonderful experience.. She really cares about her clients and wants to leave lasting memories of the wedding

• Harry

Harry A. · Married on 12/12/2020

It felt like a friend was taking our pictures.

Kristy beautifully captured our special day. She elegantly captured the mood and tone of our day by taking the time to investigate what we were looking for and we were pleased to take her direction and guidance. Kristy was calm, caring and knowledgable it felt like a friend was taking our pictures. The online payment process and collection/download of our pictures was very straight forward.

Sent on 01/06/2020

Kristy May Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this review! It was a pleasure photographing your wedding day. I always want to get to know what my clients are looking for so I can personalize their experience as much as possible. I'm so pleased you had a good experience. Best wishes!
  • Poorti

Poorti · Married on 11/12/2020

Amazing Experience with Photography and Wedding Ceremony

Kristy made our photoshoot and wedding ceremony so seamless and we couldn't have asked for a better photographer + officiant. She directed us for the photos when needed, knowing we are camera shy, but also let us be natural and do our thing! With the wedding ceremony as well she understood exactly what were looking for and made it perfect. And captured it all so beautifully in the photos. She's very responsive and the turn around with photos was so quick. Thank you Kristy!!

Sent on 12/18/2020
  • Camille

Camille M. · Married on 06/20/2020

The Best Choice for Photography!

We had the best elopement ever thanks to Kristy May! She was super professional, fantastic photos, and a joy to spend time with on such a spectacular day - sweet, easy-going, and thoughtful. Kristy completely knows the ins and outs of an NYC City Hall ceremony and the venues nearby for photos. She made the day a smooth and super enjoyable ride that we will never forget! Thank you, Kristy, for capturing our special day with such grace, depth, and expertise. We wish you could capture our wedding in Copenhagen next year!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Kristy May Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! It was a pleasure photographing your day! Your wedding in Copenhagen will be amazing for sure. :)

Anna G. · Married on 06/20/2020

Perfect engagement shoot

We did our engagement photo shoot with Kristy May and were thrilled with the experience and the photos. She made us feel super comfortable and she guided us through every pose and position. She took SO many photos so we had a ton to choose from.

Kristy May Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure taking your engagements photos. :) So many great locations in Liberty State Park and you two were great to work with.

Sarah R. · Married on 04/10/2020

My husband James and I eloped in NYC in October this year. We are from Australia, therefore we didn't know much about the city or the elopment process. Kristy was very helpful and gave us so much information about how, when and where to do things. She made our day so easy and relaxed. She was very kind and made us both feel comfortable. It was like having a friend there for you on your wedding day. Not to mention our photos were so beautiful. Thank you again for everything Kristy. Our day wouldn't have been everything it was without you there!

Sarah and James

Sent on 11/11/2019

Sarah-
    Thank you for the kind review! It was my pleasure to document your day. I'm so pleased it was a good experience for you both. Making my couples feel comfortable and also love their photos are my top priorities! All the best,

Jo Stevenson · Married on 12/11/2019

Very happy!

Kristy was great to work with. I work in the photography and design industry and am very picky when it comes to selecting suppliers, especially for my own wedding day! I'm so glad we chose Kristy. We love our photographs!! We have very happy memories of our day and although it was absolutely freeeezing cold for our shoot we had a wonderful time going around the city together, doing some really fun shots!
    I recommend Kristy to any couples looking for a talented, reliable and value for money elopement or wedding photographer!

Sent on 01/30/2020

Kristy May Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I had so much fun photographing you two and am glad you are pleased with the photos. I wish you all the best in the planning for your wedding in England and hopefully it is warmer!
  • Vivian

Vivian J. · Married on 10/12/2019

The perfect photographer

Kristy May is perfect in every way. She captured all the moments that made our pictures special and unique. She provided some great insights to just keep my head together and was patient and kind. I would recommend her again and again.

Sent on 12/31/2019

Kristy May Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! I'll never forget your cake cutting. :) Thanks for inviting me to stay for lunch and the favor box, enjoyed it all!

Janisha N. · Married on 09/09/2019

Amazing and highly recommended.

We absolutely loved working with Kristy. She had great recommendations for photos. We LOVE how the photos turned out and so do all our friends and family!

Sent on 01/03/2020

Cynthia D. · Married on 07/23/2019

Kristy was amazing captured our moments you could see the love

I wholeheartedly recommend Kristy. I was worried initially as found on line. But so happy I did. You won’t be sorry. Reasonable priced to.

Kristy May Photography's reply:

Thank you for your review Cindy! It was such a pleasure being your photographer. I know it can hard trusting people you find online, but I'm so glad you did.

Bethan D. · Married on 06/12/2019

City Hall Elopement

We found Kristy through instagram and loved her pictures so decided to book. As a couple who really don't enjoy having our pictures taken, Kristy was excellent in making us feel at ease on the day. We're really delighted with the pictures of our elopement but we also loved spending a few hours wandering through New York with Kristy. We'd highly recommend her.

Kristy May Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for reviewing me! So many couples tell me they don't like having their photos taken when they inquire. I'm so glad you felt at ease, like the photos and enjoyed touring NYC with me!

Mike A. · Married on 05/21/2019

Central Park 25 year anniversary

Kristy was the kind of photographer that made you feel comfortable and confident. She is very nice and professional. Her photos were of the highest quality making it very difficult for us to pick which photos we wanted to hang up in our house. We would recommend her to shoot any event knowing you will receive excellent service and a friendly smile at the same time. Great work Kristy.

Sent on 01/02/2020

Natasha B. · Married on 02/10/2019

Amazing just doesn't cut it...

We had some special circumstances surrounding our wedding: a family member's health compelled us to chose a day two weeks out and neither of us were planners nor had we a clue where to start. We decided to try a Central Park wedding (a compromise from City Hall) but didn't know if it would even be possible. A quick search led to Kristy. Her website showcased some great pictures that were just my taste, her rates were reasonable and she broke down her entire process and deliverables so we knew she was transparent. She was easy to reach and in one short phone call we knew she was the right choice. Kristy's intimate knowledge of Central Park and the city in general really eliminated a lot of stress even with some big last minute changes. Here's the extra twist I just cannot leave out - just as I was putting on my dress, that same family member had a health emergency. Kristy helped the team keep their cool, was empathetic and kind and when we had done what we could and decided to still have the ceremony (the abridged version!) Kristy literally jumped into action and captured images I will treasure my whole life. She did all she could to capture as many quality pictures as she could - they were just beautiful - you'd never know all that was happening from those shots. I'm truly grateful to have had her in that room - yes she is a consummate professional, yes she has a keen eye and steady hand, but her easy and kind manner is an ace up your sleeve on such a special day!

Anne A. · Married on 12/01/2018

Kristy is the BEST!

Kristy and her team were absolutely spectacular to work with. They were so efficient, and captured AMAZING shots, but I never felt that I was being taken away from the main action/fun of the day, which was exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 12/19/2018
  • Shelley

Shelley H. · Married on 10/25/2018

Simply Amazing!

I have nothing but praise for Kristy! She is everything we had hoped for in a photographer, and more. Her work is simply stunning. We spent a long time looking for a photographer, we knew what we wanted from our photos, but it was so hard to find with a reasonable budget. Kristy's work is far superior to others we've looked at, some at double or near triple her price point. She is so lovely to work with, so friendly and very knowledgeable. This was great for us as we are from the UK, so having the chance to work with someone who knows great locations, or how to put together timelines for the day makes the whole things so much easier. We had a few hiccups on the day (family getting lost in Central Park, food trucks parking and ruining pictures!), but Kristy kept everything on track, and kept us on time for getting to each location. We had Kristy for 8 hours, I think she called it an epic elopement (a term we love!). She made us feel happy and comfortable all day. She pointed out small things such as, when I had to touch up my make up on my nose, that had gone red due to the cold. We now have a huge folder of pictures that are more beautiful than we could have hoped for, and that we will cherish forever! You won't be disappointed if you hire Kristy for your big day.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Diana · Married on 09/15/2018

Kristy was a dream come true!

While looking for photographers, we had a budget in mind that seemed to be too little for what we wanted. Everything we liked was way out of our price range, double and higher. Then we came across Kristy May. her work was exactly what we wanted, executed more beautifully than anything we had seen by far, and yet affordable. Her professionalism and pleasant demeanor were also part of what made working with her a true delight. Since our wedding we have received our photos and they are everything we could have dreamed of. If you want a photographer who will capture every memorable moment of your special day, and allow you to actually enjoy it, Kristy is the photographer you want.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Nancy · Married on 09/08/2018

Kristy is truly the best out there

Kristy had photographed the weddings of 2 friends and I’d noted her name a couple years back after seeing how their wedding photos had come out. She is truly incredible. We did an engagement session with her (so helpful to figure out how to be more natural in the photos) and then she traveled to Cape Cod for our wedding. I had so many visions in my head and she brought everything to life. Her use of natural light is genius and not to be underestimated. She’s sweet, super organized and works quickly! 100% recommend her.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Lisa N. · Married on 09/06/2018

Kristy was awesome!

My husband and I contacted Kristy from where we live in England. She was really responsive to our messages and was great at suggesting places for our photos to be taken. She met us on time at city hall and talked us through everything we needed to know. 100% recommend

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/02/2018

Wonderful!

We used Kristy for our wedding in Central Park and couldn't be happier! She met us early and took a few photos of us getting ready. There were some really great shots of my mother (crying of course) and my sisters helping with the bouquet. Shots like these mean so much more than all the posted family photos combined (we got those as well and they were wonderful too). After getting ready we walked around central park and have some truly stunning photos in some of the classic locations (Bethesda Terrace and Fountain, Bow Bridge). We met back with the family for our ceremony at the Ladies Pavilion. Again I really loved the pictures of our guests (especially the nieces and nephews). We then ended with family portraits in Shakespeare's Garden. What I can't express enough is how Kristy manages to blend professional and polished with candid and spontaneous. It was exactly what we wanted and we are forever grateful. We highly recommend her!!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Suzanne · Married on 09/13/2017

Absolutely nothing but praise!! We eloped and had a private, just the two of us, very romantic, ceremony in Central Park, NY. Kristy was able to capture every precious moment. I do not like to be the center of attention, and worried about feeling awkward in front of the camera, but she was able to make me feel comfortable and at ease. Not once posing felt forced, all felt very natural. We were really able to enjoy our wedding day together. We visited 3 locations in a 3 hour window, all well planned by Kristy, who kept track of time, no stress or fuzz for us. We were able to visit all locations on our wishlist and got great pics at all of them. She has a very keen eye for details and the best light. Our family and friends, we were not with us on our day, loved the pictures and almost felt like they were part of the day. I highly recommend Kristy, a professional, easygoing and flexible photographer, who will capture your wedding day in the most fantastic manner and will give you beautiful memories!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Mikayla · Married on 08/26/2017

We absolutely love our wedding photos! Kristy did an amazing job capturing every detail of our day. She was so easy to work with and was quick to get us sneak peek pictures before we left for our honeymoon! We would highly recommend Kristy!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Kim · Married on 07/02/2017

We were so lucky to find Kristy for our wedding pictures. Prior to our wedding ( we live in Canada and were being married in NYC) I had multiple conversations with Kristy by phone and email. She always responded and or set up a time that we could chat. Kristy was very friendly and very knowledgeable about Central Park (where we were married) which made it great for us as she knew all the good spots for iconic pictures which is what we were looking for. Kristy was in contact when we got home and told us when to expect our pictures for downloading. After a few days she sent us a quick peek of a few pictures which was nice to see. And to my surprise when the pictures did come there was a great little video as well!! We were very happy with Kristy the day of our wedding and I would highly recommend her for your special day. She certainly made ours!! Thanks again Kristy!!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Kristy May Photography's reply:

Thanks Kim! It was my pleasure being part of your day and taking your wedding photos! :)

Masha · Married on 06/03/2017

Similar to what others have been saying, Kristy was great. We cannot thank her enough for photographing our elopement at Manhattan's Marriage Bureau. When we were first getting quotes and information about the elopement process, Kristy was super responsive and informative. Her blog has a ton of great photos and we sent her links to some photos my now husband and I liked. She also had us fill out a questionnaire online to document our preferences. On the day of, she arrived early and took note of all of the requests and feedback we provided. She is very focused on natural light and now we know why. The pictures came out beautiful. Her candids are awesome. She knew all of the great locations near the Marriage Bureau/City Hall to take pictures. I am not usually good in front of the camera, but Kristy guided my husband and I through the process. I would recommend Kristy for any wedding, but especially for anyone planning to elope in NYC. She knows the steps inside and out, can help with timing if you are planning a celebration after City Hall, provides great ideas with respect to locations, and on top of that takes amazing photos. What is even better is that she sends you sneaks of the big day super quick (for us, it was next day even though it was Christmas Eve!). It was awesome to be able to share those pictures with our family around the holidays. The final pictures came a little less than a month after. Really, a fantastic experience overall.

Sent on 01/17/2017

Rebecca · Married on 06/01/2017

Kristy took the photos for our destination wedding, and we couldn't of been more thrilled with them! Kristy used her experience to help us get the best shots, and capture memories that will last a lifetime! We even got some sneak peaks while on our honeymoon!
    We would 100% recommend her, you won't regret it!

Sent on 01/21/2018