Davis, CA 95616 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 26
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About Kirstin Bimson Photography

"You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved."
― Ansel Adams

Kirstin Bimson Photography offers artistic, photojournalistic wedding photography throughout Northern California and the Bay Area. No two weddings are alike, and neither should your wedding photography be. I work closely with my clients to understand their wedding vision, and cater my shooting style to best capture the essence and character of their love and and the love of their friends and family on their most special of days. I aim to capture those quiet, sweet moments of genuine love and emotion--and the joy of all present.

With almost 50 weddings under my belt, I am no stranger to the wedding day. I understand well the variety of ways in which people may choose to celebrate their love, be it backyard DIY, a small restaurant gathering, rustic foothills casual, loft chic, or country club elegance. I have photographed all of those and more. Every wedding is a reflection of the couple themselves, and it is my goal to show that in my photographs.

Kirstin Bimson photography is also LGBTQ+ friendly.

I offer a variety of packages and options to suit any couple's needs and budget--as no two weddings are alike, your photography package shouldn't be either. Partial-day packages start at 4 hours for $400, and standard coverage packages range from $600-$3000. Custom packages are not only available but encouraged; visit my website for more information, to view past weddings, or view my packages and pricing:

www.kirstinbimsonphoto.weebly.com/wedding-pricing

• Real Weddings 49
  • Videos 1

3 Reviews for Kirstin Bimson Photography

Migz · Married on 10/11/2014

Really open to ideas and fun to work with. Great pictures!!!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Kamini · Married on 08/23/2013

Kirstin enthusiasm and love for photography reflected in her work on my wedding day. She was so excited to shoot my wedding, as it was her first Indian wedding. She was so much fun to work with, so delightful. And her work is beautiful! She encourages you to contact her at anytime and she really does respond to email as soon as she can. She has great ideas and very talented at what she does. I can't wait to see my album!

Sent on 09/30/2013

0.0
      3.0
      0.0

I expected that the low price quote would translate to the level of quality of the shots and I was not disappointed or impressed. However, it does not justify the lack of professionalism displayed by this vendor. She arrived an hour and a half late, delaying the start of our ceremony. Her attire (jeans and sneakers) was a distraction throughout the day. She initially blamed me for providing her the wrong time. What bride doesn't know what time she is getting married?!

It took four months to get our proofs on CD and another month to get the instructions on how to order our photo book, which was part of the package. The "icing on the cake" was getting a telephone call from our reception venue, stating that our photo book had been shipped to their location.

Sent on 01/16/2015

Kirstin Bimson Photography's reply:

I would like to deeply apologize. I do my best to provide quality coverage and a positive experience for all my clients, but even the best intentions are subject to circumstance or error. I would like to address your concerns:

At the time your contract was completed, the specific start time of the ceremony was not supplied; I was provided an estimate, and a specific time at a later date--thus the mix-up. I apologize if you felt accused, I wanted only to convey there had been some confusion on my part. This error was then exacerbated by an auto accident en route to your venue which caused lengthy delays. This was compensated for by a refund of time lost + 25%.

A preview set of 77 edited images was provided on my website, Facebook, and on your proof gallery 7 days after your wedding, as outlined previously. Your full set of edited images was provided 4 months after your wedding, and was within the timeline for bulk editing, also outlined previously.

Photo book order instructions were provided on my website, which I provided a link to via email in the months following your wedding. Months later I received further query from you, at which point I attached the file and sent it directly.

With regards to your photo book being shipped to the wrong address: I am extremely sorry. This is the first I have heard of this, and the first instance of incorrect mailing in the 30+ weddings I've photographed.

When I received your photo book image selections later that year, I had just begun a sabbatical to address several severe work-related injuries, including chronic CMC inflammation and eye strain. At that time I was able to do little computer work, and much documentation was digital. As best I can assume I must have misread the addresses in your contract. In light of this, I'd like to offer a full refund of your photo book. Please contact me directly and I will arrange a refund sent immediately: kirstinbimsonphoto@gmail.com

Sincerest apologies and best wishes.

Kirstin Bimson Photography Pricing

Kirstin Bimson Photography Price Rates

Kirstin Bimson Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 400.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Custom Graphics, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Natural, Photojournalism, Vintage
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Custom Graphics, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Negatives, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Thank You Cards

Real Weddings