105 Newbury Street, 3rd floor, Boston, MA 02116 Map · Phone number

14 Reviews for Katrina Hess Makeup

• Kerri

Kerri · Married on 06/22/2019

Life Saver!

If you are looking for an exceptional makeup artist, you have to book Katrina Hess for your wedding! Katrina really takes her time to get to know the bride. You have two trials, and as someone that doesn't wear a lot of makeup on a daily basis, this was helpful and made me feel more comfortable with what to expect. Based on this alone you should hire her... However then the ultimate bride's worst nightmare happened to me... Very long story short, I had an accident and got a black eye two days before my wedding! It was swollen and completely black and blue! I saw Katrina and she worked miracles. You couldn't even tell that I had anything going on. She did such a beautiful job! We had her and her team come to our hotel and do makeup for the whole bridal party. It was such a fun morning and a pleasure to work with her from beginning to end!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Alexandra · Married on 08/27/2016

I worked with Katrina for over a year to perfect my wedding brows and it was well worth it! Each time I visit her it is such a treat. I usually walk out with several new make-up or face care items - she always has awesome new products! On the day of my wedding, I had a sunburn right in between my eyes that was peeling. It was a mess but Katrina kept her cool - working tirelessly to make it disappear! She was so professional about it and kept me calm. She did my make up for the rehearsal dinner as well and really listened to my likes and dislikes until we both agreed on the perfect look. She is truly an artist and if you choose to use her for your wedding, I'm sure you will end up going back for other occasions and eye brows as well!

Sent on 10/05/2016

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Katrina Hess for my wedding. I got far more than a beautiful make-up application on my special day. Katrina expertly shaped my eyebrows and started me on a skin care regimen months before the wedding so that I would look my best. I was always happy with my skin, but her recommendations for skin care made my skin look so amazing that my sisters and many co-workers and friends started using the same products.

Katrina scheduled two full make-up sessions prior to the wedding to experiment with different looks and colors. She was attentive to my preferences, such as color choices and preferring lighter foundation. There were no surprises on my wedding day! She confidently told me that we needed the more dramatic eye we had practiced given the rainy day and darker lighting. I just sat and let her work her magic. I LOVED my make-up. Everyone who has seen my close-up shots asked who did my make-up and said Katrina did a wonderful job. She also did the make-up for my bridal party and two friends. They were just as happy.

As an added bonus, Katrina is warm and so easy to chat with. Going to her make-up studio is like visiting a friend. I highly recommend Katrina for your wedding or any special occasion.

Sent on 07/08/2015