6 Country Club Drive, Hampden, MA 01036 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About JP Dale D.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Thank you for considering me to be a part of your special day. I believe in the “Your Day, Your Way” philosophy and offer customized weddings - traditional, contemporary, religious, or non-religious - personally designed for you. Weddings are as unique and special as you are and your ceremony should reflect this.

If you choose me to officiate your wedding, I will:
• help you plan and customize your ceremony
• perform your ceremony with style and professionalism
• execute your ceremony in a clear and articulate voice
• offer ample rehearsal time to allow enough practice for your day
• respond quickly to your questions and concerns
• take the time necessary to outline expectations on both sides

I have performed ceremonies in various settings and will gladly travel to your chosen location for your special day. I am a member of the Massachusetts Justices of the Peace Association (MJPA) and have officiated over two hundred ceremonies over the past ten years. I look forward to talking with you to discuss your needs and personalities to make “Your Day, Your Way”.

• Mikki Viereck
b229
b190
kaylashaun 0148
JP Dale D.

25 Reviews for JP Dale D.

Madison M · Married on 11/03/2019

JP Dale D - The perfect JP for your wedding!!!

Since our wedding was such short notice, we met Dale for the first time at our wedding rehearsal. From the moment we shook hands, it felt like we had known him for years. Prior to the rehearsal, he provides samples ceremonies, so you can cater yours to capture what you wish. He's available to answer any questions and he is very quick to respond. In addition to his professionalism, Dale has the most comforting and warm presence. He instantly makes you feel confident about the whole process, and has a lovely sense of humor. Because of this, you have the ability to focus more on your vows than any nerves. If you are hunting for a JP, look no further. Dale is your man! Thank you so much, Dale, for being part of our wedding day and making our ceremony most memorable!

Sent on 11/27/2019

JP Dale D.'s reply:

You rock Madison. Thank you for taking the time to do this. Means the world to me that you were happy with my services.
  • Sam

Sam · Married on 11/02/2019

Great Officiant

Dale was very easy to work with and very friendly. He gave us several different vow options to pick from that we were able to customize to fit our exact preferences since we didn’t want to write our own. He was great at giving everyone involved in the ceremony direction and made our families and wedding party comfortable both at the rehearsal dinner and during the wedding itself. He guided us through everything we needed to do and made it as easy as possible. We would definitely recommend his services.

Sent on 12/17/2019

JP Dale D.'s reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this Sam! I had so much fun, thanks for asking me to be a part of your big day!
  • Liz

Liz Lorenz · Married on 05/04/2019

Charming, reliable, and fun!

My husband and I spoke with a few officiants before deciding to go with Dale Desmarais. We met Dale at a local coffee shop, and he brought along a couple of things to help familiarize us with the process -- examples of the scripts for the wedding, suggestions for the unity ceremony taking our backgrounds into account (he had done his research!), timelines for handling the paperwork -- so he was super prepared. His organizational capability and the way he takes the job seriously put me at ease, but what really won us over was his charm. Dale is very upbeat -- he guided us through the meeting with confidence, but he read us well enough to know we could all have a little fun.

Dale was very encouraging during the process of defining our ceremony script, which can be bizarrely very nerve-wracking. He provided suggestions for the general flow of the ceremony, and weighed in appropriately when we had any questions. He was always very timely in his responses, and he was always happy to check in over the phone.

During the rehearsal and the wedding itself, Dale was absolutely great. My husband and I had prepared for the rehearsal as much as we could -- deciding things like where people would stand and how they would process; and Dale was right on top of covering things we hadn't thought of -- e.g., how the Best Man was to give him our rings,, how our hand fasting ceremony would go exactly. He gave us a lot of confidence for the day of the wedding.

During the wedding, Dale did a brilliant job of grounding us, encouraging us, and keeping the ceremony moving. The event being so emotional for my husband and me, it was extremely helpful to have him tell us, after each major part, "Good job. You're doing great. Excellent." He never stumbled, and everything went off without a hitch, including the paperwork afterwards.

Dale is a fantastic JP, and if you get married in the area, we hope you get to have the pleasure of working with him!

Sent on 05/14/2019

JP Dale D.'s reply:

I am so blessed to be able to work with amazing couples like you and your husband Liz, thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to write this review.

Award

JP Dale D. FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 150.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 150.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 200.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Shinto
    Sikhism
    Taoist
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    MA
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• JP Dale D. 1
    Active Military

I will marry active duty military at 50% off at my place of business pending availability and scheduling. Please call me for details.

• 6 Country Club Drive Hampden, MA, 01036 See on map