Hampden, MA 01036 Map · Phone number

About JP Dale D.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Thank you for considering me to be a part of your special day. I believe in the “Your Day, Your Way” philosophy and offer customized weddings - traditional, contemporary, religious, or non-religious - personally designed for you. Weddings are as unique and special as you are and your ceremony should reflect this.

If you choose me to officiate your wedding, I will:
• help you plan and customize your ceremony
• perform your ceremony with style and professionalism
• execute your ceremony in a clear and articulate voice
• offer ample rehearsal time to allow enough practice for your day
• respond quickly to your questions and concerns
• take the time necessary to outline expectations on both sides

I have performed ceremonies in various settings and will gladly travel to your chosen location for your special day. I am a member of the Massachusetts Justices of the Peace Association (MJPA) and have officiated over two hundred ceremonies over the past ten years. I look forward to talking with you to discuss your needs and personalities to make “Your Day, Your Way”.

b190
b229
b190
kaylashaun 0148
JP Dale D.

23 Reviews for JP Dale D.

JP Dale D. 1
JP Dale D. 6
JP Dale D. 7
  • Liz

Liz Lorenz · Married on 05/04/2019

Charming, reliable, and fun!

My husband and I spoke with a few officiants before deciding to go with Dale Desmarais. We met Dale at a local coffee shop, and he brought along a couple of things to help familiarize us with the process -- examples of the scripts for the wedding, suggestions for the unity ceremony taking our backgrounds into account (he had done his research!), timelines for handling the paperwork -- so he was super prepared. His organizational capability and the way he takes the job seriously put me at ease, but what really won us over was his charm. Dale is very upbeat -- he guided us through the meeting with confidence, but he read us well enough to know we could all have a little fun.

Dale was very encouraging during the process of defining our ceremony script, which can be bizarrely very nerve-wracking. He provided suggestions for the general flow of the ceremony, and weighed in appropriately when we had any questions. He was always very timely in his responses, and he was always happy to check in over the phone.

During the rehearsal and the wedding itself, Dale was absolutely great. My husband and I had prepared for the rehearsal as much as we could -- deciding things like where people would stand and how they would process; and Dale was right on top of covering things we hadn't thought of -- e.g., how the Best Man was to give him our rings,, how our hand fasting ceremony would go exactly. He gave us a lot of confidence for the day of the wedding.

During the wedding, Dale did a brilliant job of grounding us, encouraging us, and keeping the ceremony moving. The event being so emotional for my husband and me, it was extremely helpful to have him tell us, after each major part, "Good job. You're doing great. Excellent." He never stumbled, and everything went off without a hitch, including the paperwork afterwards.

Dale is a fantastic JP, and if you get married in the area, we hope you get to have the pleasure of working with him!

Sent on 05/14/2019

JP Dale D.'s reply:

I am so blessed to be able to work with amazing couples like you and your husband Liz, thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to write this review.

Derek Joseph · Married on 02/28/2019

Best value. Very professional.

Very punctual and professional. Great communication. Very pleasant to deal with. By Far the best value of all the JPs in my area.

Sent on 03/22/2019

Emily · Married on 10/12/2018

Dale was the Justice of the Peace for my October 12th, 2018 wedding. A year ago at a bridal show I met Dale and knew that he was an awesome JP. Dale was very professional and enthusiastic about the wedding. He answered my phone calls/messages immediately, and he assisted us with creating the perfect ceremony. Dale arrived for the rehearsal/wedding day in a timely manner, even early!! Dale had everyone laughing at the rehearsal and during the ceremony. Pre-ceremony he checked in with my husband and I (separately of course!) to see how we are and to go over everything for the ceremony. He was even kind enough to ensure that everything will be perfect when I was extremely nervous prior to the ceremony! Our ceremony was as perfect as we imagined it would be and that is all because of Dale! We can't thank him enough for being a huge part of our special day :) Thank you so much for being our JP!!! I absolutely reccomend Dale Desmarais to any couple looking for an upbeat, fun and amazing JP!!!

-Emily and Brendan Crandall 10/12/18

• What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 150.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 200.00
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? MA