JP Dale D. Reviews

23 | Hampden, MA

23 Reviews for JP Dale D.

JP Dale D. 1
JP Dale D. 6
JP Dale D. 7
  • Liz

Liz Lorenz · Married on 05/04/2019

Charming, reliable, and fun!

My husband and I spoke with a few officiants before deciding to go with Dale Desmarais. We met Dale at a local coffee shop, and he brought along a couple of things to help familiarize us with the process -- examples of the scripts for the wedding, suggestions for the unity ceremony taking our backgrounds into account (he had done his research!), timelines for handling the paperwork -- so he was super prepared. His organizational capability and the way he takes the job seriously put me at ease, but what really won us over was his charm. Dale is very upbeat -- he guided us through the meeting with confidence, but he read us well enough to know we could all have a little fun.

Dale was very encouraging during the process of defining our ceremony script, which can be bizarrely very nerve-wracking. He provided suggestions for the general flow of the ceremony, and weighed in appropriately when we had any questions. He was always very timely in his responses, and he was always happy to check in over the phone.

During the rehearsal and the wedding itself, Dale was absolutely great. My husband and I had prepared for the rehearsal as much as we could -- deciding things like where people would stand and how they would process; and Dale was right on top of covering things we hadn't thought of -- e.g., how the Best Man was to give him our rings,, how our hand fasting ceremony would go exactly. He gave us a lot of confidence for the day of the wedding.

During the wedding, Dale did a brilliant job of grounding us, encouraging us, and keeping the ceremony moving. The event being so emotional for my husband and me, it was extremely helpful to have him tell us, after each major part, "Good job. You're doing great. Excellent." He never stumbled, and everything went off without a hitch, including the paperwork afterwards.

Dale is a fantastic JP, and if you get married in the area, we hope you get to have the pleasure of working with him!

Sent on 05/14/2019

JP Dale D.'s reply:

I am so blessed to be able to work with amazing couples like you and your husband Liz, thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to write this review.

Derek Joseph · Married on 02/28/2019

Best value. Very professional.

Very punctual and professional. Great communication. Very pleasant to deal with. By Far the best value of all the JPs in my area.

Sent on 03/22/2019

Emily · Married on 10/12/2018

Dale was the Justice of the Peace for my October 12th, 2018 wedding. A year ago at a bridal show I met Dale and knew that he was an awesome JP. Dale was very professional and enthusiastic about the wedding. He answered my phone calls/messages immediately, and he assisted us with creating the perfect ceremony. Dale arrived for the rehearsal/wedding day in a timely manner, even early!! Dale had everyone laughing at the rehearsal and during the ceremony. Pre-ceremony he checked in with my husband and I (separately of course!) to see how we are and to go over everything for the ceremony. He was even kind enough to ensure that everything will be perfect when I was extremely nervous prior to the ceremony! Our ceremony was as perfect as we imagined it would be and that is all because of Dale! We can't thank him enough for being a huge part of our special day :) Thank you so much for being our JP!!! I absolutely reccomend Dale Desmarais to any couple looking for an upbeat, fun and amazing JP!!!

-Emily and Brendan Crandall 10/12/18

Sent on 10/13/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2018

Dale was the officiant for our wedding on September 29th, 2018. Dale was absolutely amazing from the very beginning. The minute we met Dale we knew he was the JP we wanted at our wedding. During the planning process, Dale was extremely professional and organized. He explained exactly what to expect and helped walk us through everything. He sent us four samples of different types of ceremonies that were extremely helpful and easy to edit. At our rehearsal and wedding, Dale had everyone laughing. So many people came up to us and asked where we found him, because he was so awesome! Dale helped keep the atmosphere light during the ceremony so that when my now husband messed up his vows and when I put the ring on the wrong finger (oops), we weren't embarrassed in the least bit but were able to laugh it off with our guests. I was extremely nervous since I don't like being the center of attention at all, and Dale helped ease my worries and made me feel more comfortable. My husband and I would recommend Dale to any future couple for their special day!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2018

Dale is the best around! We couldn’t imagine having anyone else officiate our wedding. He will work with you on what you want and make the ceremony about the couple. Our guests had nothing but kind words to say about Dale. I would recommend JP Dale for any couple who want a fun and creative ceremony.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Bianca · Married on 05/20/2018

Couldn't have picked a better person for my day! Even my guests were impressed asking, "where did you find him???" Made my wedding the best day ever!!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Crystal · Married on 05/19/2018

Dale was an amazing person to work with, very outgoing and he definitely knows how to take the nerves away! He answers to you immediately, and is very easy to work with such as things you need to know or things you want done! He is very flexible as well he helped us out so much! He was such an amazing JP and I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Michael · Married on 05/12/2018

Absolutely fantastic! As a groom, things can get a little bit crazy last minute with all of the wedding jitters, but Dale was THE BEST! He kept me relaxed through the wedding processional when I was starting to get anxious, and I actually had fun while waiting for my bride!

Easy to talk with, connected with us instantly, and kept us calm throughout the entire process.

Could not have had a better time, and all of our guests complimented us on how great Dale was!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Becci · Married on 05/11/2018

Dale is an excellent organizer! He coordinated the 16 of us in the procession flawlessly, kept the rehearsal flowing smoothly, and was even Mr. Cool about us forgetting the marriage license on rehearsal day (no problem, but we DO need it tomorrow!). Dale was so great at keeping everyone calm and focused that we only needed to do the rehearsal once and the BIG DAY went off without a hitch. My husband says Dale was a relaxing presence while he stood up on the alter waiting for his bride. Cannot say enough good things about this JP!

Sent on 05/23/2018
    JP Dale D. 8

Be El · Married on 05/11/2018

Lively and Organized

Dale was lively and supportive during our most important day. He gave us the option of using any of his ceremony guidelines or coming up with our own. He "herded the cats" of the bridal party during our rehearsal with the practiced art of experience. He stood calmly next to my husband-to-be and radiated peace and balance while I walked down the aisle. Dale gave an immeasurable amount of structure and grace to our ceremony and day, and we couldn't be more thankful.

Sent on 10/30/2018
    JP Dale D. 9

Megan · Married on 05/06/2018

We couldn’t be happier with the services provided from Dale on our wedding day. He was a pleasure to work with, he was so helpful, was very sincere, professional and everyone commented on how amazing of a job he did. Dale helped make our entire day run smoothly, and provided us with an amazing ceremony, all of which made for a perfect day. We highly recommend using Dale for your special day!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Jennie · Married on 05/05/2018

Dale is THE ABSOLUTE BEST!! His ceremonies are amazing, so beautiful, personal, intimate, amongst many other positive things. He cares about your special day, he cares to get to know you, to make your day memorable and special. It was like our friend married us! The ceremony is the most important part and he knows how to deliver the most beautiful ceremony ever. I would HIGHLY recommend Dale to anyone. He made our day much more special and our ceremony an unforgettable one!
    Love,
    Ron and Jennie Venne
    Wedding May 5, 2018

Sent on 05/11/2018
  • Mrs. Sponge

Shauna · Married on 04/27/2018

Dale was wonderful! I cannot say enough good things about working with Dale. He helped us customize our ceremony to make it perfectly us, with plenty of touches of nerdiness. When writing our ceremony he offered to wear a cape from GoT that perfectly fit what we were going for. He even switched up how our ring ceremony would go the night of the rehearsal when he found out our rings would be in a Death Star ring case. He made our ceremony unique, and memorable. I cannot thank him enough for making our wedding day amazing!

Sent on 05/08/2018

JP Dale D.'s reply:

I had so much fun doing this wedding! Several of the 'nerdy' components were also dear to me and I could absolutely relate. Thank you for asking me to be a part of your big day, it was about as special for me as it was for you.

Tracey · Married on 03/17/2018

Our ceremony was the most important part of our day. We were thrilled that Dale was able to serve as our JP. His warmth, professionalism, and attention to the detail was paramount. Dale was responsive and answered all of our questions. During our rehearsal, we were comforted that he was able to round up everyone who was part of the ceremony and give clear, concise instruction on what to do and when/where to stand. Details we hadn't thought of, he was already on top of! Thank you so much, Dale. We will always look back on our day and we are so happy that you were our officiant and would recommend you to anyone.

Sent on 05/22/2018
    JP Dale D. 14
    JP Dale D. 15
    JP Dale D. 16

C · Married on 03/10/2018

Dale was fantastic! He paid such close attention to every detail and really made our ceremony special. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 01/27/2018

My fiance's mother was diagnosed with cancer just before Christmas. We were hoping to move up our wedding plans but she rapidly declined. It was so important to us for her to see us get married. I contacted Dale hoping we could quickly put together a ceremony at her home. Although he had another event planned for that Saturday he said he would make time for us. We went ahead and applied for the marriage license on Tuesday and picked it up in Friday. By Saturday my fiance's mother could no longer leave her bedroom. During the week Dale kept in contact with us as our plans changed and wrote vows for us. He helped us through the ceremony next her bed. It was so important to us to share it with her. She asked every day what day it was. She stayed awake all day looking forward to to seeing her son get married. . were married on Saturday and she passed away a few days later Wednesday. As difficult as it was it never would have happened without Dale making time for us and being so understanding. I am not sure how many times we contacted him for information for the marriage license and as plans quickly changed throughout the week. We were able to share our wedding with my mother in law and have pictures with her. We are very thankful.

Sent on 02/05/2018

Catherine · Married on 09/09/2017

I suggest booking him at least a year in advance even though we were lucky enough to get him on short notice. All of our vendors knew him and love working with him and I can see why! He was responsive, flexible, comforting, funny, organized and I can't imagine how our ceremony could have been better! He will help you tailor your ceremony to be exactly how you imagined and you can add as little or as much as you want to his prewritten ceremonies. He helped make our wedding everything we ever dreamed it could be!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Amber · Married on 04/20/2017

Dale was called on last minute to cover for another officiant we had scheduled due to unforeseen circumstances. He made the transition seamless. He honestly has the voice of a professional announcer you hear on the radio or TV. He had great ideas and great material that we felt were perfect for our ceremony and the best to work with and was sincere about our event This is the guy you want to seal in your special day!!

Sent on 05/01/2017
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/24/2016

Dale was wonderful! Totally helpful in planning the ceremony and made it custom to us! He worked great with our day of planner and had our guests laughing. He is very professional and knows what he is doing! I highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Abby · Married on 08/27/2016

Nothing but compliments here for Dale! He was amazing! He has a great personality and is very easy to communicate with. He was at rehearsal with us and walked us through everything that would happen the day of the wedding. The day of the wedding he spoke with us both to make sure our vows and nerves were ready. He's funny and makes you feel very comfortable. Again, his personality is just outstanding. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/10/2016

JP Dale D.'s reply:

So blessed to be a part of your big day! Such an energetic and fun group of family & friends made me feel like my personality was a great fit. Can not imagine how much fun that reception was. Your vows actually made me tear up a little. I do a lot of ceremonies, and that rarely happens. Wishing you a lifetime of wonderful things together.

Dale's personality is perfect for performing a wedding ceremony! We wanted a fun, happy, light hearted ceremony because a marriage is supposed to be full of love, happiness, and joy! Dale is perfect for making the ceremony lively, enjoyable, fun, romantic, special, emotional, and all the things it is supposed to be. I work in the wedding industry, so I have seen so many wedding officiants, and I knew I wanted Dale to perform ours for all of above reasons. He was so easy to work with during the planning stages, and offered great suggestions on making our ceremony more personal and unique to us. Thank you Dale, for making the most important part of our wedding day so perfect!

Sent on 08/21/2016

JP Dale D.'s reply:

Thank you so much for the feedback! My job is made so much easier when I work with fun couples so thanks for making me LOVE my job! :-)

Dale is the best JP ever! We had the best ceremony! Dale provided several ceremony samples and let us customize any to our own liking. He is incredibly funny and genuine and I would recommend him to anyone who wants a very personal and memorable ceremony.

Sent on 11/21/2013

Auri · Married on 10/30/2010

Dale was amazing to work with. when my husband and i met with him for the first time he said that we were the first to book him for the day of our wedding. he told us that because we were first that we owned the day. if anyone else booked for that day he would contact us and if we felt it would hinder our wedding we had the right to tell him not to take their business. that made me feel very confident that he would be there for us and that our day was important to him. he was always the life of the party. he has a very great sense of humor but very professional when the time is necessary. when i walked in the door at the hall he was waiting for me. he got me a glass of water and ran through the ceremony one more time with me. when we had our rehersal dinner he came to our house and went over everything with us and our bridal party. he made everyone smile and he took the time to answer any questions we had and gave us his insite to how things normally run and what should happen. hes been a JP for 10 years and has much experience. he is a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 11/20/2010