San Francisco, CA 94123 Map · Phone number

About Jodee Debes Photography

You’ll often catch me with a goofy grin on my face as I gallivant around the world capturing memories. My love for photography is equally as great as my love for people, which is why it’s a true joy to work with some of the coolest couples, families and individuals around. My goal in life is to capture those real moments of laughter, tears and awe, so I love a good candid and always strive to take on a photojournalistic approach with my images. It’s thrilling to be invited in to document the treasured moments of remarkable people, and I thank all of you for allowing me to do what I love.

Follow Jodee Debes Photography on

andrea patrick jodee debes photography 070
andrea patrick jodee debes photography 090
andrea patrick jodee debes photography 109
Jodee Debes Photography
andrea patrick rehearsal jodee debes photography
braelynn cody jodee debes photography 9

25 Reviews for Jodee Debes Photography

• Kacy

Kara · Married on 10/05/2019

Jodee is the greatest

Having Jodee photograph our wedding was the best decision we could have made.

I had found Jodee scouring wedding websites right after my husband and I got engaged. As most newly engaged couples might agree - beginning the planning, hiring and booking process for the big day is no small task. There are so many amazing vendors out there, beautifully designed websites with eye-catching wedding inspo - it can all feel extremely overwhelming. I reached out to Jodee through her homepage, we exchanged emails and scheduled an introductory phone call. From that initial call I knew I had met someone truly spectacular. She was friendly, professional, well-spoken, informative, not pushy and really just a lovely person to communicate with. We booked Jodee within the week and scheduled our engagement photoshoot.

All of her documents, paperwork, contracts and payment methods were online which made the hiring process crystal clear. We knew exactly what we had signed up for, what to expect, and she even sent guidelines and photo inspiration for what to wear for our engagement photoshoot. Upon meeting Jodee in person my husband and I were thrilled to have found her. She went above and beyond making us feel relaxed and natural during our first day together (which is no easy thing to do). Being in front of a camera is a really odd experience - but Jodee made it feel like we had both been modeling our entire lives. We also asked a lot of her when we chose 3 separate locations for the shoot, all 3 of which she commuted to for us. She boarded our sailboat for a cruise to the SB wharf and afterwards got in a wetsuit to shoot us surfing at Leadbetter. I have the fondest memories of that day all thanks to Jodee.

Jodee is creative, professional, kind, funny, well spoken, energetic - and a very intuitive/unique photographer. Her eye for artistic angles/light/backgrounds is something that cannot be taught. After the engagement shoot she was prompt in editing and sending us our images - and we could not wait for the wedding day because we both knew we were in the best hands.

Jodee helped make my husband and I both feel at ease on our big day when she chose a knowledgable second shooter to follow the boys and met with me and the bride tribe day of. She caught intimate moments without intruding, had my dad laughing and our families both complimenting what a light she was the entire day. The wedding day is such a whirlwind experience, Jodee was our rock. We have memories to cherish for our lifetime thanks to her.
    It is difficult to put into words how special she is. I would recommend Jodee all day everyday - and can confidently say that had Jodee not been our photographer our day would not have been as magical as it was. She is natural friend, intelligent artist and brilliant human. Her attention to detail and ability to put everyone around her at ease can be seen and felt  in all the beautiful images she has captured.

Sent on 02/21/2020
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Perez · Married on 09/01/2019

Magical Engagement Shoot Yosemite National Park

Wow! I am truly thrilled to be sitting here writing this amazing review for Jodee. Where do I even begin? I met Jodee while working at a wedding and her personality just blew me away. On the day of the event we were working she was all smiles and nothing but her being the sweetest person ever! When it came time to make the big decision of who I wanted to be, my wedding photographer Jodee instantly came to mind. I loved her style of photography true to color and she captures those moments you will cherish forever. As my fiance and I are officially a year out from our wedding I wanted to take our engagement photos somewhere magical. I called Jodee and let her know that we were thinking of Yosemite National Park. Jodee was nothing but excited to shoot in this location and this is when all the fun began. Let me just tell you Jodee is great at reaching out and keeping in contact with you for all your needs. When it came time to booking our reservation at Yosemite Jodee handled everything from making the reservation to finding out all info regarding parking and food and locations. This task was not easy given the circumstances currently during COVID Yosemite has changed their rules currently and it was a much different process to go to the park unlike in the past. Jodee was quick to jump on the computer and read about everything we needed to make this trip successful. She had a whole schedule that made our time there truly memorable. I can truly say that when we arrived it felt like everything was normal again and we were amongst nature and we felt free. When the big day came Jodee showed up early and scouted the area before we got there to find the best possible areas for our shoot! We had planned for one whole day of shooting till sunset and a beautiful sunrise shoot too. Jodee was game for everything! We had four outfit changes and several different locations for our photoshoot from Taft Point, Glacier Point, and El Capitan Meadow just to name a few. Each location was more magical than the other. Did I mention how easy it was to feel comfortable around Jodee too? It felt so seamless and easy we never felt like we were posed or uncomfortable she also knows the tricks to make you laugh. During that time it was so great to get to know more about here and her career and how she got started in photography. I am so grateful that I found Jodee and after our engagement shoot I am only more excited to see what magical photos she captures on our wedding day. I cannot stress enough how amazing this woman is. She will go above and beyond to make sure you’re the happiest person on your special day. Thank you Jodee from the bottom of my heart I cannot wait to book you again for all our future adventures. Can't wait for the big wedding day but I needed people to know how passionate you are about all your shoots. You truly outdid yourself! We love you, Chelsea & Colton

Sent on 07/28/2020

Elizabeth Jacobs · Married on 08/25/2019

A Joy to Work With

Jodee is the light your wedding needs. She is the most lovely upbeat and talented person. She will make you feel relaxed and beautiful and your experience with her will be so much fun.

Jodee was recommended to me by a friend who knew her personally and chose her to photograph her own wedding. Jodee was the first decision I made in my wedding planning journey (it was a no brainer after seeing her beautiful work and instantly loving her personality when we chatted over FaceTime), and she became patient zero for my whole vendor team. She recommended my incredible planner Christine Garrison and gave me so many other great tips along the way.

My (now) husband and I ended up using Jodee for our engagement shoot in New York and our wedding in the SF Bay Area.

Jodee brought so much creativity and positive energy to both experiences, she was an absolute joy to work with and generally to be around. Her photography style is very natural so she’ll come up with infinite creative ways to make sure you are comfortable and she is capturing genuine moments. She will read your chemistry and style and feed you prompts to ensure that the intimacy and happiness reflected in the photos is organic, spontaneous, and real.

She’s also efficient and intuitive. She’ll do her homework to make sure she’s checking off all the must have boxes for your event but she’ll also pull you and your partner away when she senses you’re overwhelmed or might want a moment just the two of you.

More than anything, Jodee is just fun to be around. My husband and I found ourselves disappointed when it was time for her to leave, not because we needed more photos, but because she’s just good company and brings great energy to the party.

I cannot recommend Jodee enough. She is so great and our photos (which we already had just 2 days later!) are GORGEOUS.

Sent on 08/30/2019

Award

Jodee Debes Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 6500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    One Event / Day
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 7500
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Destination / Travel
    Second Shooter
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Digital Files
    Matted Prints
    Prints
    Save the Date

• Makeup Artist 411 Wedding Hair & Makeup

Jodee is a very popular photographer! I have found that so many of my brides book her for their engagement pictures and wedding day. They all rave about how comfortable they feel in front of the camera which total translates to looking natural and not forced in the photos. She gets two thumbs up in my book!

• Tessa Lyn Events Wedding Planners

Jodee is such a dream to work with. We just did our 2nd wedding together and I look forward to many more. She shows up early and is a total joy every minute of the day

• San Francisco, CA, 94123 See on map
    Location of (Jodee Debes Photography)